Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesah, probably.

By the sound of that Times article though it looks like Silva is very interested and that Watford will have to get real.
If you liked Martinez I suspect you will like Silva. If we get him the board have done well getting a manager that frankly I thought we would have to wait till the summer to get. Credit where it is due.

If Silva comes out and says he wants to leave then it's game over for sure.

I dont think Watford though are as resolute as Joyce suggests.

Have to read between the lines on this subject now mate.

Silva is the choice of Moshiri - certainly not Kenwright, Elstone or Walsh.

Joyce 100% gets his information and has done for a good few years, from someone very very high up at Everton, almost certainly direct from a board member i would speculate.

Joyce and some of the other 'connected' Everton journo's are writing quite a few anti-Moshiri pieces over the past few weeks, along with including as usual information which only someone high up would be privy too.

Question then becomes why is a board member giving connected journo's information to journo's writing for want of a better word 'hit pieces' against the majority owner?

@Connor

I really don't understand the clamour for Silva at all. He's obviously preferable to Allardyce, Dyche etc, but what makes him a better candidate than Unsworth? Why isn't he being taken seriously for the job? Because he lost his first three games?

I think the fact that he has far more experience under his belt is the obvious answer.

I really don't understand the clamour for Silva at all. He's obviously preferable to Allardyce, Dyche etc, but what makes him a better candidate than Unsworth? Why isn't he being taken seriously for the job? Because he lost his first three games?
It is hard on unsworth but Silva will help us attract better players. Unlike Koeman who I doubt anyone cared about Silva has a very good reputation, is young and has the kind of CV of someone who is going places. Plus Unsworth is a gamble, maybe less of a gamble than Dyche or Sam but still more of a gamble than Silva.

In two years think about where you see us with those managers and you will understand why he's less of a gamble.

Joyce 100% gets his information and has done for a good few years, from someone very very high up at Everton, almost certainly direct from a board member i would speculate.

Joyce and some of the other 'connected' Everton journo's are writing quite a few anti-Moshiri pieces over the past few weeks, along with including as usual information which only someone high up would be privy too.

Question then becomes why is a board member giving connected journo's information to journo's writing for want of a better word 'hit pieces' against the majority owner?

@Connor

I've been too busy with my own stuff recently to notice but has there been a number of anti-Moshiri write-ups from say, Everton friendly journos?

I did see one from somebody I've never heard of before in the Independent but I'm pretty sure someone with the following of the Esk could get an Indy online column if they asked.

If that's the case, then I guess it's because they've been denied comment from Moshiri directly on something. I know Kenwright is cosy with King so anything that comes from King comes directly from Bill but I wouldn't know who to point at for everyone else.

Hunter is friendly with the players but again, don't think I've seen much from him on us recently.

There is biding your time then this. The board need to wake up. We are bordering on a laughing stock here. Who sacks a manager without contingency plans? who?

@Connor
Moshiri may still want Simeone and its Bill who wants Silva or they both want Silva. Silva seems like a manager they would both be happy with. He's practical but could be a future star.

@Connor
BK wants Unsworth to carry on in place. I'd guess he maybe felt he'd done enough to secure more time with the 3 points against Watford.

If Moshiri wants to put his foot down then he should blow all that out of the water with a big compo package and end this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back