Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be they've asked for something from Moshiri - perhaps an interview to talk about this season (in terms of it being bad) or talking about the summer - and instead, Farhad spoke to Sky or Jim White and gave his statement there.

Perhaps a bit of bitterness as I can't recall him speaking to any of the core four - King, Joyce, Hunter, Bascombe - outside of briefings given by Doogan directly to them or them quoting Moshiri from the Shareholder's Meetings. They have access to Bill and certain Players - see Jagielka, Baines and Coleman - but not the head honcho.

That would be my best guess but again, can't say I know.

To my knowledge Moshiri hasn't spoke to any of them mate - at least nothing that obiously stems from him either way, which given his love fest with Jim White is no shocker really, misjudgement if true though as he has misjudged the voice each of those has amongst the fans - in terms of being respected.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marco-silva-told-future-job-13899650

The local rag, what a joke.

Marco Silva told future job prospects will be damaged by going to Everton

No you meffs, the quote is

“I think he’s gone into Watford and he is doing a decent job there,” Jordan told talkSPORT. “It’s tempting for him.

“If he’s got any proper advisors around him and thinking of his own, he will know that managerial careers are built around upon a degree of integrity and reliability.

“Dropping out of the Watford job at such an early tenure when the first big job comes along will not do him any favours in the long run.”

Not to Everton, leaving his Watford role for a 'big job' early.

Kirkbride you skiprat weasel, you deserve and will get the CRUSH

Don't agree at all mate. One half of the club wants to think on a higher scale, with ambition, and one half wants to hand it to Unnnnnnnsy whose selections make Koeman look inspired or Allardyce, one of the most corrupt individuals around.

Longer they take the better; that's what you have interim appointments for.
The reporters (and I despise most of them) are right: this has been unfocused and terribly executed.

If he is, that shows you what an utter ballbag setup we have at Everton. Elstone should have been jettisoned years ago, if he is trying to put out anti-Moshiri material because he and his mates have cashed in but now want to have control back, he can sniff it.

Hand on heart - do you now or have you ever believed that they would simply wait for the rest of their shares clause to be activated and bought out and simply toddle off with a wave, they where always gonna try some fun and games to try weasel control and influence for the foreseeable

Got that little respect for either - that i can guarantee that if the only way they could do that was by sinking any new stadium they would do

Just been on the 2pm news bulletin on Talksport, that it's looking highly likely that Unsworth will be in charge until the end of the season.
What a mess.
If that's the case, it's about survival now nothing more.

We need lots of players in the transfer window, is Unsworth the man to bring them in ?????
No. I think Silva will be here shortly though.

Dominic King‏Verified account @DominicKing_DM
Moshiri barely been at Finch Farm since buying into @Everton; new ground talks also on agenda

thought at the time it was a weird dig at Moshiri mate (that was oct 13th)

this is from that article at the time
Farhad Moshiri made a rare and unexpected visit to Finch Farm on Friday in a show of support to under-pressure Everton manager Ronald Koeman.
Moshiri, Everton's majority shareholder, was joined by chairman Bill Kenwright at the club's training facility to primarily discuss plans for the proposed new riverfront stadium.
Moshiri has attended a number of matches at Goodison Park but he has barely set foot in Finch Farm since he acquired a 49.9 per cent controlling stake in February 2016.

King also ran that Moshiri had met Allardyce face to face on 6th Nov as well - something that seems to not necessarily have been the case now.

Hunter by and large hasn't said anything actually, but King and Joyce have 100% taken a change in tone on articles over the past month or so and not a positive one in regards to Moshiri either

Very dangerous and foolish game to be playing if somebody high up is using these journo's for this purpose. Sooner we get rid of the old guard the better.

As for the manager I don't think any of these articles hold any sway whatsoever. Moshiri sounds like he's settled on Silva and will probably get him regardless if Jabba has a cob on etc. Get the right manager in and purge the club throughout of the deadwood.

If we have offered 8.5 mil for silva and you have the likes of JOYCE saying ONLY to that amount-thats just mental to me,would not have even thought that high,then again didnt even think of any amount but probably about 3 mil less- I just hope if we do get him,hes worth the wait as i wouldnt have picked him,but been boss you will support him till he does crap lol

The reporters (and I despise most of them) are right: this has been unfocused and terribly executed.

Depends mate; if we have a manager in by Saturday, then we've done what everyone expected; appointed in the international break.

Unsworth as interim til the end of the season also shows continuity, so while not as good, that's alright.

Caving in to Useless Steve and 'Oh Dear We've Sold Everything' Bob and appointing Allardyce ('cap in hand' and a big bonus, Elstone has put that out there. Incredible) is not the right thing to do and I'd agree, if this happens, we're a circus

Is he less of a gamble though? I mean, he did get relegated in his last job (although they made a decent fist of it in fairness). He's been in his current job for 12 games, during which he's won one more game than a very crap Everton side, who he just lost to.

I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything, I just don't understand why he's rated so highly. Give Unsworth a chance. If Silva is still good by Christmas then try and bring him in then.
His team plays good football. His record before coming to England is impressive. He seems to outperform the club and the players he works with.

There is an argument that we should wait till the summer. It would probably save on compo however we run the risk of going into January without our perm manager and another club like Arsenal, Chelsea or even Spurs (if Poch goes to Madrid) grabbing him. I can definitely see the Arsenal board being very interested.

All in all I think we should just bite the bullet. After all if we are rich then it is peanuts. The cost of one good youth prospect.

Very dangerous and foolish game to be playing if somebody high up is using these journo's for this purpose. Sooner we get rid of the old guard the better.

As for the manager I don't think any of these articles hold any sway whatsoever. Moshiri sounds like he's settled on Silva and will probably get him regardless if Jabba has a cob on etc. Get the right manager in and purge the club throughout of the deadwood.

Joyce and King both taking swipes at the owner - serves no purpose whatsoever unless either they are frozen out, or that the people they have contacts with are feeding them anti moshiri stuff as it suits both parties

A journalist of these types are only as good for as long as their sources are giving them info, as such they will do favours for each other.

And all of them have contacts high up at Everton who have been at the club a lot lot longer than Moshiri, so it's not exactly a broad field to see who they are really

Worries me that Sam and silva were first and second choice

Now we are after a third choice which concerns me. It’s third choice for a reason!

What happened to Simeone anyway? Was this a mata type fake news haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back