Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thus far watford have done. And if reports are true silva won't kick up a fuss. This is going to be long drawn either way

If Koeman was anything to go by, it'll go something like this :

" Mr Silva, how does 3mil a season sound "

" No, I'm very happy at Watford "

" Mr Silva, how does 6mil a season sound "

" No, I'm reasonably happy at Watford "

" Mr Silva, how does 9mil a season sound "

" Yes, I was happy at Watford, now where do I sign "

He keeps contradicting himself.

A few days ago he said Everton had not contacted him.

Now he is saying he was made an offer but turned it down.

What a whopper.
Nah I don't reckon we have, that's just him saying that to polish his ego because fat bollocks thought we were going to give him a call

If Koeman was anything to go by, it'll go something like this :

" Mr Silva, how does 3mil a season sound "

" No, I'm very happy at Watford "

" Mr Silva, how does 6mil a season sound "

" No, I'm reasonably happy at Watford "

" Mr Silva, how does 9mil a season sound "

" Yes, I was happy at Watford, now where do I sign "
All jokes aside that's pretty much how I see it going

I believe Silva asked if he were off sick at work, would he still get paid, Mosh replied yes, but you would still lose your
3 waiting days. This could well be the turning point for the deal.

I've been told we're sending a delegation to hold further talks with Watford

Muppets-Group-Bicycle-Ride.jpg

God this getting tedious.

I remember when getting a new manager or player was exciting. Used to read about who we’d signed or were signing while I was doing my paper round.

True dat. I think that's the most disappointing thing of all, we were actually closer back then to being a top side and we were miles off, however Villa/Ipswich/Norwich were able to get close on occasions showing it could be done. Now there is 6 decent teams ahead of us and unless we fluke something they should with their incomes grow that gap even further year on year.

We need a statement of intent from Usmanov that he is a) going to buy us and b) spunk all of his money making us in to champions. As that's the only thing that is going to help.

That may sound all doom and gloom but i'm still happy Moshiri bought into us as least we have a chance of 7th with him and the hope of Usmanov.

The near miracle at hull was actually a miracle with estoril. A team with less than 5000 capacity stadium and historically a lower league in Portugal. He got them europa league qualification after taking over whilst they were a non enitity languishing in the second division. His record every where he has been is very good. At times outstanding see estoril and olympiakos. The 33.9% win rate at hull is also outstanding considering what he took over. With that rate they have comfortably stayed up had he had the whole season.

This is also a man who beat Barca and arsenal with this olympiakos team from a no mark league in Greece as some have said. At a time when Greek football was utterly on its arse financially. There is absolutely nothing Martinez about him other than he isn't from these shores.

Would be an outstanding appointment in my opinion.
Nice stats.

I like his work at Estori or however you spell it and he did alright at Sporting, walked a 1 horse race in Greece, did quite poorly at Hull IMO, no matter what people say, if you get relegated you have failed, he also managed to throw away a 2-0 lead to probably the worst Everton side in the last 15 years, so a mixed bag for sure.

Did poorly at hull? He took over a side that had an 13% win rate from day one of the season to jan and turned that into a 36% win rate with the same garbage phelean had to deal with (enough to be comfortable in any season). I'm sorry But that's just utter nonsense.

Even the fella who has that shambles of a squad now in the championship has a 23% win rate.

Did ok at olymipakos? Breaking an all time win record and beating the like of arsenal and Barca.

I think there are some who are seriously underestimating this guys credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back