Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
18 months ago “ambitious Everton” we are aiming for top four and titles.. I’d never have dreamt we’d be after Big Sam..

But what’s worse is he’s now actually turned us down. You couldn’t write it haha!
It could be read that way (as in he turned us down). Equally, I'd like to think we saw only ever him as a stop gap, before getting someone else in the summer. Either way I'm happy because he's not going to be our manager.

Trouble is, who will it actually be? More than 3 weeks since Koeman was sacked.. Reaching new levels of ridiculousness in the lack of an appointment now.

Last edited:
It's becoming quite clear that the board had no idea who they wanted when they sacked Koeman. If Silva was the stand out target they'd have approached Watford at the beginning of the international break.

It looks to me like they were hoping Fat Sam would step in until the summer and buy them some time. Now that he's (thankfully) turned our approach down, it seems to me as though panic has set in. They realise that Unsworth is out of his depth (or he'd have already been appointed until the end of the season) so now they're throwing everything at Silva.

There was obviously no interest in Dyche or he'd have been approached weeks ago as he does have a buyout clause.

If Watford stick to their guns then I think we're gonna be stuck with Unsworth and in big trouble.

Typical Everton this, absolute shambles!

ok, can't get Silva, stick with Unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsy until the end of the season.

We will finish top half anyways.

Don’t mind the Allerdyce stuff, he clearly got wind he was far from first choice and decided from a PR perspective it was better to jump instead of being pushed.

He needs work he has to present himself in the best possible light, hawking himself around the USA job etc.

You mean Newcastle who at the time they beat Palace, only lost one game in their last 6? Winning 3, drawing 2? Don't know about you but I'd say that was decent form.

But if you like taking things out of context, go ahead.

And my view comes from actually watching Palace in their last two games rather than looking at scorelines

They didn't fold against West Ham and fought back. And they should've got a result against a Spurs side on the back of smashing Real Madrid at home (Zaha missing an open net and they made more clear cut chances).

The point being, if Unsworth turns up like he did against Leicester and going for an attacking line up, the way Palace are playing right now in terms of building confidence and improving, we'll lose.

That's not doom mongering, that's just an opinion after looking at how they played against Spurs away...and how we played at home against Watford
Yeah that’s fair enough mate. I agree we’re awful but to me, if you’re going to a side bottom of the table and hoping for a point at best, you might aswell give up.

Also, saying i’m taking things out of context when you’re the one suggesting that only losing 1-0 to a newly promoted side who hadn’t won their 3 games leading up to or 2 games following that match is evidence of an upward curve is...ambitious.

Anyway, we need a new manager, and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back