Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another part of the dance, mate.

Hoping your right davek, its reminding me very much of our chase of Koeman and Southampton's responses

Two main differences with Koeman and Southampton where the club's initial refusal on any terms was possibly even more adamant.

Unlike previously with Saints when it was close season, this one is eleven games underway and it mightn't be quite as easy for Watford to find a suitable replacement very quickly.

Against that is that their owners do have very good connections throughout all of Europe and they've shown in past seasons that they have a ready willingness to change quickly and often and without necessarily looking to those with experience in England. Jokanovic, Flores and Mazzarri have all come and gone after only very brief season long stays. They tend not to get too attached to their coaches or managers and may be more easily tempted here.

Koeman had at least given Southampton their two best league finishes in the premiership over his two seasons and had made himself a real part of their steady progress upwards, their board desperately wanted to keep him as they had Pochettino before him. There isn't the same tradition of keeping hold of their managers at Watford and they may well have been tentatively eyeing up replacements just in case as a sensible precaution anyway

So I'm hoping their strong rebuttals and threats are part of the dance and he will come eventually but am very wary of this being mid season and inaction and drift may prove fatal if we do restart our slide.

Think myself he may refuse to answer any questions about it full stop

Wouldn’t nessecarily be bad either, I rate this lid think he would be a great fit for us.

I watched a lot of Hull when he took over, the transformation was unreal.

He can set a team up, blend it and get players to give an extra 25%.

He definitely has it, the only Watford game I watched in full was our and the City one. They were more then compeitive in both and went for the throat, I like that.

lollollollol Gotta laugh really how pathetic we really are... I want to think this is all still part of the dance to get Silva but if am honest, I just think we are this incompetent now....!

Nice one mate, best we can hope for is a stock “I’m very flattered, but I’m focusing on the game at the weekend”.
Maybe it will just be stonewalled with 'I'm concentrating on the game and nothing else' or similar or he'll flatly say it's over and I'm staying here at Watford.

If he's ambivalent or avoids the issue then I can still see it happening, in a way today's further rebuttal could even have mostly been expected and as davek said, all part of the dance. It is now though very much in Silva's court and any neutral answers may easily be seen as a positive indication, as he can hardly prepare them for a game with the news 'See you I'm off after this".

We shouldn't wait on this though indefinitely and need to move on regardless as if it happens all well and good but we can't just be inactive and drift into an even more perilous situation. Hopefully a good result will buy more time but the opposite will get people very worried indeed.

I bet Unsworth is asked the same question tomorrow: Have you heard any more on the managerial front, are you looking to take the reigns for the rest of the season.

Unsworth: I'm honoured to be here, I'm enjoying it and I am doing what I'm asked to do. I speak to the chairman every day and he has assured me to carry on until there's change.

Something like that

Maybe it will just be stonewalled with 'I'm concentrating on the game and nothing else' or similar or he'll flatly say it's over and I'm staying here at Watford.

If he's ambivalent or avoids the issue then I can still see it happening, in a way today's further rebuttal could even have mostly been expected and as davek said, all part of the dance. It is now though very much in Silva's court and any neutral answers may easily be seen as a positive indication, as he can hardly prepare them for a game with the news 'See you I'm off after this".

We shouldn't wait on this though indefinitely and need to move on regardless as if it happens all well and good but we can't just be inactive and drift into an even more perilous situation. Hopefully a good result will buy more time but the opposite will get people very worried indeed.

Seems to me articles like the one you posted seem to be Watford leaked as it fits their narrative. Defensive tactics really or leverage in negotiation.

I suppose it will be interesting to see how he handles the press conference. The weekend as well will tell a lot a good outcome would be a Watford loss, drop in performance and a bad fan reaction.

Doesn't mean we haven't contacted him the press haven't got a clue

He’s unemployed and interested in the Bayern job. Any approach by any club including ourselves would have been made public by his agent.

Which only serves to highlight just how useless our board is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back