Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me articles like the one you posted seem to be Watford leaked as it fits their narrative. Defensive tactics really or leverage in negotiation.

I suppose it will be interesting to see how he handles the press conference. The weekend as well will tell a lot a good outcome would be a Watford loss, drop in performance and a bad fan reaction.

It's what I said in earlier posts. His answers will give an indication for sure

Silva doesn’t need to say anything. If he is intent on leaving he will get his wish.
If we are persistent then I would expect one or two authorised leaks from Watford, to the extent that they are deciding to grant him permission to speak to us.

They will say they are doing so reluctantly but to avoid continuing uncertainty and act in the clubs best interests given what would be Silva’s expressed wish to speak to Everton.

You might even get one of their senior pros weighing in to suggest a manager has to consider all offers and how short and unpredictable a career they can have etc.

I think it will drag on though, maybe right through the rest of the month. All depends on what attitude Silva takes. If their board feel he is going through the motions then they will eventually accept the offer.

I bet Unsworth is asked the same question tomorrow: Have you heard any more on the managerial front, are you looking to take the reigns for the rest of the season.

Unsworth: I'm honoured to be here, I'm enjoying it and I am doing what I'm asked to do. I speak to the chairman every day and he has assured me to carry on until there's change.

Something like that

No change there then, same from him every week

Silva doesn’t need to say anything. If he is intent on leaving he will get his wish.
If we are persistent then I would expect one or two authorised leaks from Watford, to the extent that they are deciding to grant him permission to speak to us.

They will say they are doing so reluctantly but to avoid continuing uncertainty and act in the clubs best interests given what would be Silva’s expressed wish to speak to Everton.

You might even get one of their senior pros weighing in to suggest a manager has to consider all offers and how short and unpredictable a career they can have etc.

I think it will drag on though, maybe right through the rest of the month. All depends on what attitude Silva takes. If their board feel he is going through the motions then they will eventually accept the offer.

You honestly expect a manager to down tools through the busiest period of football in the season? I’ll go out on a limb and hopefully be proven wrong but I just don’t see how this could drag on for the rest of the month. We had the last international break to sack Koeman- we didn’t and that cost us more points. We’ve had this one and we don’t seem much closer to hiring someone permanently who isn’t called Unsworth. I know you say that if silva is intent on leaving it’ll happen, but do you really think he’s going to kick up a big fuss over us? It’s not Real Madrid who are calling all of a sudden.

I know Watford don’t seem too fussed about keeping managers long term, but they’ve always changed things at the culmination of a season not in the middle of November. Just don’t see it happening. Unsworth to the end of the season is starting to have an air of inevitability.

Hoping your right davek, its reminding me very much of our chase of Koeman and Southampton's responses

Two main differences with Koeman and Southampton where the club's initial refusal on any terms was possibly even more adamant.

Unlike previously with Saints when it was close season, this one is eleven games underway and it mightn't be quite as easy for Watford to find a suitable replacement very quickly.

Against that is that their owners do have very good connections throughout all of Europe and they've shown in past seasons that they have a ready willingness to change quickly and often and without necessarily looking to those with experience in England. Jokanovic, Flores and Mazzarri have all come and gone after only very brief season long stays. They tend not to get too attached to their coaches or managers and may be more easily tempted here.

Koeman had at least given Southampton their two best league finishes in the premiership over his two seasons and had made himself a real part of their steady progress upwards, their board desperately wanted to keep him as they had Pochettino before him. There isn't the same tradition of keeping hold of their managers at Watford and they may well have been tentatively eyeing up replacements just in case as a sensible precaution anyway

So I'm hoping their strong rebuttals and threats are part of the dance and he will come eventually but am very wary of this being mid season and inaction and drift may prove fatal if we do restart our slide.
All of this is for the benefit of the Watford fans. They cant be seen to just cave in. The dialogue with Everton is probably more like this behind the scenes:

Pozzo: "Farhad, make a bid of £8M and we'll'll knock it back and give you a bollocking on top. Then offer us £10M and we'll threaten you with tapping up. Come back in with a couple more million and we'll get Marco to pipe up with something public about wanting to chase his dream. Then we'll do business".

Moshiri: "Sound, Gino."

Actually starting to think we should have kept Koeman you know. He'd turned around longer losing streaks.
Why sack him before we'd sounded out a few people.

The contingency plan spotted at USMFF today......

Pardew.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back