Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine the carnage on here if we don’t have a manager and the transfer window is open at the same time.

Would be a thing of terrible beauty.
I was just thinking about that myself - what if we got down to the deadline day and no manager, no transfers in... fumigation!!

If we beat Palace on Saturday, which really shouldn’t be seen as a big deal, the pressure will come on Moshiri from Kenwright, media, some fans, etc. to appoint Unsworth.

The man is so clearly out of his depth that it would scare me having him in charge.

What image would it send out? Jobs for the boys is not something we should be aspiring for.

Get Silva (or someone of equal/better quality) in, whatever it takes.

One flukey win doesn't put Rhino on a par with a manager of Silva's talent.

lol lol lol

Oh, George.

This Silva stuff is nuckin’ futz.

His team has lost their last three matches.

The run of fixtures they have coming down the pike could see them struggle to pick up three points in the next four games.

If I was Silva I would be begging Watford to let me go to Everton because the chances are he is going to be in the firing line at that club by Christmas :(

And a lot of people have been saying he was dealt a bum hand at Hull and no one could have kept them up.

But someone posted on here earlier that Hull were two points above the drop zone with three games to play and lost the first one of them at home.....to already relegated Sunderland :Blink:

If this is true the Hull “near miracle” starts to look pretty tarnished.

In fact I have just checked and it is absolutely true.

Hull actually took a mere four points from their last six games.......Sunderland, Stoke and Palace among the teams they lost to during that late season collapse which doomed them.

Let the bugger stay at Watford.....never mind paying ten million quid.

It is very possible he will be both free of charge and available to start in January if Mosh is still set on signing him :pint2:

If we beat Palace on Saturday, which really shouldn’t be seen as a big deal, the pressure will come on Moshiri from Kenwright, media, some fans, etc. to appoint Unsworth.

The man is so clearly out of his depth that it would scare me having him in charge.

What image would it send out? Jobs for the boys is not something we should be aspiring for.

If he wins at Palace that would be 2 wins from 2, it could be argued that hes got the team "turning a corner", now im not pro-Unsworth, I would rather we got in a manager, but sadly theres hardly any managers available mid season, so if we could limp to the end of the season, with Unsworth picking up results, whats the major issue?

If he wins at Palace that would be 2 wins from 2, it could be argued that hes got the team "turning a corner", now im not pro-Unsworth, I would rather we got in a manager, but sadly theres hardly any managers available mid season, so if we could limp to the end of the season, with Unsworth picking up results, whats the major issue?

None that I can see.

Except maybe being handicapped by an Anglo-Saxon name :blush:

It could be read that way (as in he turned us down). Equally, I'd like to think we saw only ever him as a stop gap, before getting someone else in the summer. Either way I'm happy because he's not going to be our manager.

Trouble is, who will it actually be? More than 3 weeks since Koeman was sacked.. Reaching new levels of ridiculousness in the lack of an appointment now.

If I’m honest I don’t think we have a clue who we want. The whole things a mess. On and off the pitch. Not helped by Moshiri and Bill being their. Two many cooks spoil the broth as they say

See Chris Shakespeare for how it would end up.

My main concern would be that he is then given the job on a 2-year deal for just finishing in the top half and we’ll end up stalling completely on any sort of progress going forward.

I'm not sure appointing Unsworth would constitute "jobs for the boys".

If/when he is appointed it will be because the board think he has the requisite pedigree to lead a club of Everton's stature.

Do you think they're so amateurish as to appoint someone purely because they're a Blue and a lovely lad?

My main concern would be that he is then given the job on a 2-year deal for just finishing in the top half and we’ll end up stalling completely on any sort of progress going forward.

To be fair in the Moshiri era, we so far havent been shy in getting shut of underperforming managers, so lets see how this plays out.

Isn't the problem that we need to sign a striker, some width, a left back and a centre back or two and we need a manager who will attract quality players to the club...

I'm not sure appointing Unsworth would constitute "jobs for the boys".

If/when he is appointed it will be because the board think he has the requisite pedigree to lead a club of Everton's stature.

Do you think they're so amateurish as to appoint someone purely because they're a Blue and a lovely lad?
Yes.

Let’s look at other amateurish things they have done lately, to give known members jobs: Hired Franny Jeffers and brought back Jose Baxter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back