Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol lol lol

Oh, George.

This Silva stuff is nuckin’ futz.

His team has lost their last three matches.

The run of fixtures they have coming down the pike could see them struggle to pick up three points in the next four games.

If I was Silva I would be begging Watford to let me go to Everton because the chances are he is going to be in the firing line at that club by Christmas :(

And a lot of people have been saying he was dealt a bum hand at Hull and no one could have kept them up.

But someone posted on here earlier that Hull were two points above the drop zone with three games to play and lost the first one of them at home.....to already relegated Sunderland :Blink:

If this is true the Hull “near miracle” starts to look pretty tarnished.

In fact I have just checked and it is absolutely true.

Hull actually took a mere four points from their last six games.......Sunderland, Stoke and Palace among the teams they lost to during that late season collapse which doomed them.

Let the bugger stay at Watford.....never mind paying ten million quid.

It is very possible he will be both free of charge and available to start in January if Mosh is still set on signing him :pint2:
Silva's Premier League record gets me nervous too, just feels like another Martinez.

Would prefer to stick with Unsworth and give him more time tbh.

If he wins at Palace that would be 2 wins from 2, it could be argued that hes got the team "turning a corner", now im not pro-Unsworth, I would rather we got in a manager, but sadly theres hardly any managers available mid season, so if we could limp to the end of the season, with Unsworth picking up results, whats the major issue?

...it’s the performances that suggest Unsworth isn’t turning things around. We’ve conceded at least 2 in every game he’s been in charge, there isn’t any indication that situation is going to change. Your point would be fine if there was light at the end of the tunnel but I don’t see any.

I certainly wouldn’t assume we could ‘limp to the end of the season with Unsworth picking up results’ from what I have witnessed. We are a team in real trouble.

If we beat Palace on Saturday, which really shouldn’t be seen as a big deal, the pressure will come on Moshiri from Kenwright, media, some fans, etc. to appoint Unsworth.

The man is so clearly out of his depth that it would scare me having him in charge.

What image would it send out? Jobs for the boys is not something we should be aspiring for.

Get Silva (or someone of equal/better quality) in, whatever it takes.
He hasn’t looked out of his depth at all.

:eek:

I hope this is sarcastic, otherwise I’d question if you’ve actually seen any of the games he has managed.

In fairness Martinez would be getting revered if he’s have been in charge of that Watford win. Unsworth’s only bad performance has been Leicester. Lyon was all but a dead rubber, we actually played well at Chelsea and we beat Watford. He’s not the long term answer right now but he’s looked no worse than Koeman.

He’s done better than Koeman managed to with this bunch of misfits. He’s got the squad on his side, he’s recognised some of our main issues and we’re getting better.
He lost 3/4 games! Watford should have made that 4/4, only they lost their goalkeeper, defender and missed a penalty.

Mirallas and Schneiderlin were literally dropped from the squad because of training issues - doesn't look like a squad fully behind him.

We still conceded loads with him and the scoring didn't improve, either.

Take them blue specs off, mate. Unsworth is a flop and would put our Premier League status in jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back