Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be bothered with all this anymore.

We are so boring sometimes.

It just saps the energy out of you doesn’t it ? The awful start to the season and now this debacle I genuinely struggle to be bothered with it all. I remember during Walter Smith’s Time every now and then a few of the lads, season ticket holders , would just stay in the boozer and not even bother going the game . That’s about where I am now I just cannot be bothered with it at all .

We worked hard against Lyon until the goal and then As is traditional lately we fell apart but up until the goal we battled hard . let’s be honest though I’m not bothered about shots on or off target or even possession , we got absolutely battered by Leicester particularly in the first half. It was a terrible performance .

As regards Watford we played well for 20-25 mins maximum otherwise it was another below par performance. We did tok, no more , at Chelsea and lost but let’s be honest about what we’re watching.

And anyone looking for evidence of a recovery under Rhino, which I sincerely hope includes every last one of us, look no further than that highlighted bit.

Because that statement is more or less true.....but was turned on its head when we battled back from two goals down to beat Watford.

Three short weeks ago that two goal deficit would, in all likliehood, have quickly became three or even four.

That game came at the end of an intense period of ten or eleven days in which Unsie was chucked in the deep end with 24 hours to cobble together a team to play at Chelsea and precious little time to work on tactics and formations in between the four games we played in that period.

I stand with Team Rhino right now.

In many ways I feel the phoney war is over now.....this coming Saturday is the start of his true “trial period”.

I believe he will steady the ship and have us well clear of the drop zone by Christmas.....and if it is what the club wants, hold the reins until summer when the range of options will be so much greater.

COYBB :dance:

And anyone looking for evidence of a recovery under Rhino, which I sincerely hope includes every last one of us, look no further than that highlighted bit.

Because that statement is more or less true.....but was turned on its head when we battled back from two goals down to beat Watford.

Three short weeks ago that two goal deficit would, in all likliehood, have quickly became three or even four.

That game came at the end of an intense period of ten or eleven days in which Unsie was chucked in the deep end with 24 hours to cobble together a team to play at Chelsea and precious little time to work on tactics and formations in between the four games we played in that period.

In many ways I feel the phoney war is over now.....this coming Saturday is the start of his true “trial period”.

I believe he will steady the ship and have us well clear of the drop zone by Christmas.....and if it is what the club wants, hold the reins until summer when the range of options will be so much greater.

We did and I’m happy we did , as we also battled at Chelsea . My worry is that is that because unsworth has inspired and united them or because they’re happy Koeman has gone ?

As I’ve said before I’d be delighted if unsworth went on a run now and we can all get behind it but apart from a little bit more effort , which is the least we can expect , I haven’t seen anything from him or the players to indicate he’s the man for the job .

Better?
Enlighten me........it does look the same or in fact a little worse
I think we’ve looked a lot more dangerous. Chelsea game we were much improved going forward. Leicester was a positive lineup, Gray had the best moment of his career against us and it was tough for us to get back into it afterwards. The penalty decision and the Kenny own goal made sure we didn’t. We rested players for Lyon as it wasn’t a priority. But we still looked solid until we made a positive change to try to get the win with nothing to lose. Watford was a positive and that comeback wouldn’t have happened under Koeman.

4 tough games to play in a week and a half with little chance to work with the players in training. I think he did alright in the circumstances. I think he did enough for us to give him a few more games at least.

Agreed - this team is suffering from lack of confidence, lack of morale, lack of organisation and cohesiveness. The mood in the camp is noticeably brighter and as you say that comeback is indicative of that. Confidence will come through results.

With regard to organisation and cohesiveness that can only be done on the training ground. The big problem for Unsworth and any other coach is that we've played a midweek game and will continue playing midweek until December 16th when the coach will finally have a full week to work with the players. That means little time to actually put in the required work on the coaching ground. I think things will continue to gradually improve but there'll no doubt continue to be erratic performances for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back