Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose to Palace on Saturday, the panic on here will be unreal and our burning of bridges with Allerdyce will look stupid and costly.

For me, the club have read way too much into the Watford win. We were shocking and got out of jail.

No matter what happens at Palace, I for one am glad to see those Big Sam bridges ablaze.

OK first I don't want Unsworth but you have a lot of generalisations above.

The Lyon game he done the right thing. You go toe-to-toe with them with that squad in that state you get picked off. They should have scored 5 at Goodison. So instead he tightens it up to make sure we still have a chance going into the last half hour. It's 0-0 and Fekir has left the pitch so to call that clueless is, well, clueless. The problem was needing to score and he knew he had to gamble hence the subs. Guess what happened, we got picked off. It was a hiding to nothing but he actually showed intelligence and awareness in that game, unpalatable as it may be to free-flowing football purists.
Sorry Mick but your definition of clueless is certainly very different to that in my dictionary. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about the Lyon performance and Unsworths tactical nouse in that game.

So Tuchel only joined Twitter in May this year. It's written in the stars.

* Heads off to Tuchel's Twitter feed to start the campaign *

"If you harass him, he will come"

large_ps5B8ZNSFvqLczD5e4Yh3whV66B.jpg

If we wanna shatter this inferiority complex that every other knobhead footy fan has about us then we have to go out and get Simeone. And if simeone ends up being not attainable I think Dyche is the man. Really organized footy and the man has seen Everton in the 80s and will realize how massive of a club we are. Who cares if we're crap as long as we win footy matches. Need solidifying in the top 7/8 for that new stadium. Can't be arsed with these fellas shouting for ambition and then when simeone is linked shouting for something more realistic. Think Unsworth has it until the summer and then we should get Simeone and if not him then Dyche. But I say if this Iranian got half the dough he says he has! Let's get el cholo and be boss again. Everton aren't we?

Attachments

• IMG_3263.webp
    IMG_3263.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 44
He played SigFace up front on his own in a game we had to win.

Great move.

DCL, Mirallas, Vlasic played 90 mins, Lookman 45 and Sigurdsson/Sandro at least 25 at home and they walked through us at will in 2nd gear. I'm really struggling to understand why you feel attacking them from the off in France wouldn't lead to the exact same conclusion.

In fact, let's have your blueprint for that game?

We got hammered in Lyon, ripped apart first half vs Leicester (who then just let us have it second half), scored one goal deep into injury time against Chelsea and were a Gomes injury away from losing at home to Watford.

Great audition for Unnnnnnnnssyyy

WE didn't get hammered in Lyon at all. Not sure what you're on about there quite honestly.
Didn't get ripped apart by Leicester. They had three shots on target all game?
Fair point, injury time goals don't count.
We were better side against Watford.

There's been clear improvement.

WE didn't get hammered in Lyon at all. Not sure what you're on about there quite honestly.
Didn't get ripped apart by Leicester. They had three shots on target all game?
Fair point, injury time goals don't count.
We were better side against Watford.

There's been clear improvement.

We worked hard against Lyon until the goal and then As is traditional lately we fell apart but up until the goal we battled hard . let’s be honest though I’m not bothered about shots on or off target or even possession , we got absolutely battered by Leicester particularly in the first half. It was a terrible performance .

As regards Watford we played well for 20-25 mins maximum otherwise it was another below par performance. We did tok, no more , at Chelsea and lost but let’s be honest about what we’re watching.

It's a bit like the period between two popes now, this. The Sede Vacante.

Someday, an insider will write a book on the machinations at Everton and the true relationship between Bill and Farhad.

It may be an interesting period in the clubs history, fascinating even, but also very unsettling.

DCL, Mirallas, Vlasic played 90 mins, Lookman 45 and Sigurdsson/Sandro at least 25 at home and they walked through us at will in 2nd gear. I'm really struggling to understand why you feel attacking them from the off in France wouldn't lead to the exact same conclusion.

In fact, let's have your blueprint for that game?

I’m not the manager mate.

Loads of folks defending Unsworth. He's been worse than Koeman in my book. Got it all wrong in every game so far and lucked into the Watford win. Lyon didn't get out of second gear against us, Leicester could've had 6 if they wanted them. No way he's ready for the top job. Honestly, I kinda get the feeling he lucked into this role of almighty U23 manager too. I mean, we've spent a comparable fortune on the young uns lately for the first time ever. Is his success down to us buying a quality side more so than his amazing tactical nous? Time will tell. I think he needs to move on and take up a lower league job now to see if he's really got the minerals. Not good enough for us right now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back