Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big-name managers I am fine with - but I don't see anyone from the 'elite' group, if you include Ancelotti amongst them, taking us on. Nor would I see Tuchel being tempted. It would be a significant risk taking our job if his ultimate aim was Bayern Munich.

Koeman is a big-name player morphed into a run-of-the-mill manager, and that's the mistake the board made, but easy to say with hindsight, granted.

That leaves us with a) internal appointment - Unsworth, b) Known-quantity domestic appointment - Allardyce, Hughes and the like (just speculating, not endorsing here) or c) Progessive, somewhat less known foreigner - of the likes of Fonseca, Carrera.

My worry is we get someone in the latter category who comes in and bombs - that isn't based on anything logical just a mixture of gut feeling and nervousness at our situation currently.

For those reasons, I still think giving it to Unsworth on a temporary basis is the best solution - if he does well he can extend to the rest of the season and beyond, and if not, he can be replaced within a couple of months with no embarrassment.

I would prefer British to stabilise us again and raise morale, and someone who could communicate effectively with fans.

We will lose tomorrow and Unsworth will be announced to be caretaker untill we get our main man sorted.

Moyes clearly waiting on the flanks not accepting scotland job.

Seriously we need to bin this “but he’s a blue” fallacy. Blues are perennial bottlers and just because they’re connected to the club doesn’t mean they’d be any good.

Seriously we need to bin this “but he’s a blue” fallacy. Blues are perennial bottlers and just because they’re connected to the club doesn’t mean they’d be any good.

To be honest all of us are guessing*

*presuming none of us have been coached by the blue individuals or work at FF to hear/see first hand evidence

As in 3 ex blues? Too much bring a blue home sentiment, too much at stake and its not like there are 3 terrible teams right now behind us
It may not be sentiment if we crash in the next 3 games we will be in dire trouble as caretaker managers what's the risk carrying g on with a manager who cannot select the right team or formation after blowing 200 million plus?

Big-name managers I am fine with - but I don't see anyone from the 'elite' group, if you include Ancelotti amongst them, taking us on. Nor would I see Tuchel being tempted. It would be a significant risk taking our job if his ultimate aim was Bayern Munich.

Koeman is a big-name player morphed into a run-of-the-mill manager, and that's the mistake the board made, but easy to say with hindsight, granted.

That leaves us with a) internal appointment - Unsworth, b) Known-quantity domestic appointment - Allardyce, Hughes and the like (just speculating, not endorsing here) or c) Progessive, somewhat less known foreigner - of the likes of Fonseca, Carrera.

My worry is we get someone in the latter category who comes in and bombs - that isn't based on anything logical just a mixture of gut feeling and nervousness at our situation currently.

For those reasons, I still think giving it to Unsworth on a temporary basis is the best solution - if he does well he can extend to the rest of the season and beyond, and if not, he can be replaced within a couple of months with no embarrassment.

I would prefer British to stabilise us again and raise morale, and someone who could communicate effectively with fans.

We are in too deep a hole to go for a manager who doesn't know the PL, our players or would waste time trying to get "impossible" players in January.
Therefore I agree 100% with your post ........ it's BIG SAM time.

(and I actually think we'd thrive under him for a few years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back