Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's Koeman out of the picture of being good by your criteria. I think, bar Sandro, we overpaid at the time for every one of them. Keane would probably go for more but not much more on this showing so far.

..it’s a good benchmark, not particularly because you want to sell them on but because it reflects how successful the transfer has been.

We will lose tomorrow and Unsworth will be announced to be caretaker untill we get our main man sorted.

Moyes clearly waiting on the flanks not accepting scotland job.
Tomorrow might be too soon, especially with another game Sunday. Either way, can't believe it will be Moyes. Wasn't awear he'd been offered the Scotland job?

There currently aren’t any quality, attainable managers unemployed at the moment.

Any quality manager out there rightly has a job and if they don’t then they’re likely too ‘good’ for us anyway.

As bad as it is, firing Koeman now would probably lead the board to having to fire a manager they’re maybe not 100% keen on or cost them a bomb to try and pay someone out. Add that to the cost of binning Koeman and I reckon he’ll be here to the end of the season regardless of what happens.
I'm not sure Tuchel is unattainable.

Just simply laughing at the Big Dunc and Joe Royle shouts, I give up. And for Unsworth, he manages a reserve team, he will get booed out by Christmas if he came in today. The only possible solution is a large name, Ancelotti is my shout.

...I think we have to be careful in appointing somebody who has managed at the very top and is now less in demand because you wonder if they’ve run their course and still retain the hunger to manage a project like Everton. We have gone for a big name in Koeman, we have gone for experience in Martinez. There is no right and wrong in this, all appointments come with risk.

I was against Unsworth but I genuinely think he deserves consideration, not because he’s an Evertonian but because he’s built an efficient tactical unit with outstanding spirit to win a league containing money rich teams with global young stars. Beyond that, I would look for a manager who has built a successful team, not inherited one.

If Kenwright has anything to with it, it will be Eddie Howe.

Yeah, he's have a 2 man short list of Moyes and Howe. Meanwhile Newcastle went for Benitez, West Ham apparently had Benitez and Ancelotti on their list, even Leicester could attract Ranieri, Watford Silva, we just never ever show any ambition at all. We just have a look at who is doing a decent job in the prem (not even that when we went for Roberto and Moyes) and will keep us up? That is literally the criteria. No one at board level thinks 'who will return us to trophy winners'. If they did then arguably the last 2 managers would not have been hired.

No confidence in us going big for someone top class.

I think most fans have thought if this new era doesn’t work they have had it, support could seriously dwindle quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back