Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not think Rafael is worthy of consideration? Forget where he's been, on merit his record is good and he has handled things at Newcastle better than most I reckon.

On merit he should be considered.

But the fact he repeatedly called us a small club on several occasions rules him out. He isn't so uniquely talented that he deserves the best job in the world when he has acted the idiot towards us.

My top 3 based on could we get them and would they suit us:

Unsworth - available, wants the job, great record within the club, highly regarded coach.
Tuchel - available, excellent coach, might not get him
Fonseca - not available, wants the job, good record, was under consideration before so presumably was flagged up as an option

I hope we don't promote rhino. Sorry but it's just a totally different kettle of fish.

The Prem is also totally different to the other European leagues, especially as the managers from the continent aren't actually managers, they're trainers. The managerial aspect is done by Directors of Football. Then there's the cultural differences, something which has ruined the likes of Juande Ramos and other highly-regarded European trainers when trying their luck in managing a big Prem club.

Agree with your thoughts regarding managers and their competency in the transfer market. With that thought in mind would Moyes make a good replacement for Walsh? Am not advocating Moyes as manager, but he did seem to be able to spot decent players for a reasonable price...only Kroldrup and Richard Wright were exceptions to that.
Would like Fonseca as our next manager.

..I did say a week or so ago that Moyes would be more a consideration as DoF than a manager. I was always impressed with the number of games he was actually at. My concern would be whether he still has that level of enthusiasm. My other concern would be whether he could work in partnership with a manager after being no1 at Everton and Manchester United. He could certainly spot a player.

Agree with your thoughts regarding managers and their competency in the transfer market. With that thought in mind would Moyes make a good replacement for Walsh? Am not advocating Moyes as manager, but he did seem to be able to spot decent players for a reasonable price...only Kroldrup and Richard Wright were exceptions to that.
Would like Fonseca as our next manager.
Have you seen moyes record of signings over the last few seasons, terrible. Just because he could spot a player a decade ago doesn't mean he can do it now

They just seem to have zero in game intelligence. There's stories of rugby teams where scrum and fly halves have practically planned the attacking game themself and ignored the advice of coaches. This even occurred at the level of England's run to the 07 World Cup and the most recent lions tour. For Zeverton though it seems like the players come out after weeks of training with no idea what to do, and not one of them is capable of adapting in game. I thought it was just a shortcoming of Martinez's squad but the new players under Koeman seem to be exactly the same.
Yea, that's it, 'game intelligence'. They don't look capable of working things out 'in play', can't adapt, change, think ahead - or they don't want to. I know we're humorously over simplifying it, (not funny to watch), but it is there. Not turning up isn't an option, but I've seen it too often with this club in recent years, regardless of who the manager is.

I wouldn't let Moyes come back and make the HT tea, never mind allow him to make decisions.
Have you seen moyes record of signings over the last few seasons, terrible. Just because he could spot a player a decade ago doesn't mean he can do it now
His transfer record does leave a lot to be desired since he left, but he did sign some great players for us and we did play some decent football in his last season although I do suspect Jimmy Lumsden might have played Peter Taylor to Moyes' Brian Clough.

If this club's owner is ambitious he should be working his way through a list like this (in no particular order).

Cocu
Mancini
Tuchel
Berizzo (Seville)
Rui Vitoria (Benfica)
Ralph Hasenhuttl (Lepizig)
Nagelsmann
Favre
Jardim (Monaco)
Yea every appointment is a huge gamble. But that's the kind of list we need to work on. I'm done with this, recruit from within, knows the league, gets Everton nonsense. We need the very best we can possibly get. We won't all agree on who that is, but there you go. The problem is, while we have a short list of managers. Each of those managers will have a short list of clubs. We need a way of making sure we are on their list. That will be a tough job and it won't just be about how much we can pay them. If not then it's years more of mediocrity, if we're lucky.

I didn't mention realistic ? I just said he would be my shout. At least he knows how to manage a football team.

Well you said "the only possible solution is a big name". Then your suggestion based on that criteria is multi-Champions League winning Carlo Ancelotti. And you're 'simply laughing' at those who have more realistic views than you.

So, basically,

Your 'simply laughing' Fletch at appointments from within but believe Ancelotti is a realistic shout.

Good grief.

Yeah, he's have a 2 man short list of Moyes and Howe. Meanwhile Newcastle went for Benitez, West Ham apparently had Benitez and Ancelotti on their list, even Leicester could attract Ranieri, Watford Silva, we just never ever show any ambition at all. We just have a look at who is doing a decent job in the prem (not even that when we went for Roberto and Moyes) and will keep us up? That is literally the criteria. No one at board level thinks 'who will return us to trophy winners'. If they did then arguably the last 2 managers would not have been hired.
Spot on sir....just content to stay in the prem attitude....unfortunately we are not even doing that ATM. Blue bill will always go for the so called safe option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back