Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem a tad obsessed with me mate. Koeman's record prior to coming to Everton, and probably prior to this season would have been on a similar level. He may not have been as good but he is in and around that level.

You on the other hand seemed to make the ridiculous assertion that Benitez was on another level to Emery and Pochetino. Predominately inbred scab rats (otherwise known as a Kopite) would make that argument.
You seem to not recognize a decent manager because it does not suit your line of rationale.

Like I said the other day mate.I love your posts and you are 99.999% Bang on the money.We have to beg to differ on this one.In my eyes he would be the Best for Everton in this current climate.He knows the league/language/area etc and is proven.

Why can't you both be right here? He's a good manager, good enough for us and not at the level of Mourinho and Guardiola.

You're both right am I missing something haha.

@catcherintherye

Unsworth has come in a long way today on Skybet. Now the 5/2 favourite.
The club will have noted just how favourably he's seen by many Evertonians as is evidenced by the poll on here and he's the relatively very cheap option.
If things don't improve very quickly I expect he'll be appointed temporarily just after the home game to Watford at the latest.

Unsworth has come in a long way today on Skybet. Now the 5/2 favourite.
The club will have noted just how favourably he's seen by many Evertonians as is evidenced by the poll on here and he's the relatively very cheap option.
If things don't improve very quickly I expect he'll be appointed temporarily just after the home game to Watford at the latest.

No mate, the bookies have adjusted the odds, due to the amount of money going on Unsworth, same as they've knocked the odds down on moonhead getting the boot for the same reason.

Nothing to do with club, unless you know different ?

I think if RK goes in the next 5/6 weeks they’ll give Unsworth a few games as caretaker and if we then look relatively safe he’ll get a contract to the end of the season. If RK is still here in December or if Unsworth hasn’t impressed as the caretaker then I think Moshiri will go for Big Sam. Either way we are in a mess and by not being decisive last week we’ve missed a chance to rescue this season.

No mate, the bookies have adjusted the odds, due to the amount of money going on Unsworth, same as they've knocked the odds down on moonhead getting the boot for the same reason.

Nothing to do with club, unless you know different ?
Wasn't suggesting that the odds change has anything to do with the club directly just that the, by far, cheapest option available should Koeman go soon has received an uncharacteristically favourable response from the fans as often the large majority want a high profile expensive replacement.
The board now know they can appoint Unsworth at least for a trial period without a backlash which obviously must mean he's more likely to be given a chance than he was a couple of weeks ago. The market movement reflects this.

Wasn't suggesting that the odds change has anything to do with the club directly just that the, by far, cheapest option available should Koeman go soon has received an uncharacteristically favourable response from the fans as often the large majority want a high profile expensive replacement.
The board now know they can appoint Unsworth at least for a trial period without a backlash which obviously must mean he's more likely to be given a chance than he was a couple of weeks ago. The market movement reflects this.
Mate, to appoint Unsworth at this stage of his managerial development would be suicidal by the club and suicidal if he took the job.He is ours for the future.Let him win the PL2 again and get a managerial role at Bury or somewhere.Then bring him home once he has learnt his trade.

Mate, to appoint Unsworth at this stage of his managerial development would be suicidal by the club and suicidal if he took the job.He is ours for the future.Let him win the PL2 again and get a managerial role at Bury or somewhere.Then bring him home once he has learnt his trade.
...or he hits the ground running and makes a success of it. Not exactly unheard of.

He did it with the U23s, it just means he has better players to choose from if he made the step up into the PL. And let's not forget he's managed a good few of the first team squad so is familiar with their strengths and weaknesses and how to coach them - something a manager from outside wouldn't have.

I think there's more positives in hiring him than negatives.

...or he hits the ground running and makes a success of it. Not exactly unheard of.

He did it with the U23s, it just means he has better players to choose from if he made the step up into the PL. And let's not forget he's managed a good few of the first team squad so is familiar with their strengths and weaknesses and how to coach them - something a manager from outside wouldn't have.

I think there's more positives in hiring him than negatives.
Stick Big Joe with him till he can tread water then and that would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back