Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, to appoint Unsworth at this stage of his managerial development would be suicidal by the club and suicidal if he took the job.He is ours for the future.Let him win the PL2 again and get a managerial role at Bury or somewhere.Then bring him home once he has learnt his trade.
Appointing him to a permanent position quickly would be a big gamble but the risk can be substantially mitigated by officially appointing him in a temporary capacity while exploring other options.
Let things run until Xmas and then until the end of the season if they're going well. If not, an alternative can be brought in at any stage without Unsworth losing face as he'd be stepping back to the u23's 'as planned'.

Stick Big Joe with him till he can tread water then and that would make more sense.
I think any moves looks like common sense at the moment given how piss poor this current manager is.

Going back to Unsy: I have my reservations too, tbf. It'd be a gamble. But I think the fanbase need to have a blue at the helm for a bit anyway. I detect an appetite for it, and in any case he does seem to be capable of inspiring players. A one year initial contract and see how it goes would be my move.

Appointing him to a permanent position quickly would be a big gamble but the risk can be substantially mitigated by officially appointing him in a temporary capacity while exploring other options.
Let things run until Xmas and then until the end of the season if they're going well. If not, an alternative can be brought in at any stage without Unsworth losing face as he'd be stepping back to the u23's 'as planned'.
I'm just worried that if he doesn't hit the ground running...we could be in a serious relegation dog fight and COULD be too late for anyone else to come in and save us.It could also destroy his confidence.See my above post.That scenario I would be happy with.I think he needs guidance by a seasoned pro.

But if he is failing by Christmas then we have to resort to a desperate fire fighter appointment. I would much prefer we appointed an experienced manager who we are more certain can take us forward. Its far too much of risk appointing Unsworth. We have time to make the right appointment (if indeed we choose to make one)let's not panic into appointing the youth coach.

I'm just worried that if he doesn't hit the ground running...we could be in a serious relegation dog fight and COULD be too late for anyone else to come in and save us.It could also destroy his confidence.See my above post.That scenario I would be happy with.I think he needs guidance by a seasoned pro.
In that worst case scenario we could potentially send out an SOS to big fat Sam at Xmas. I know you can't be complacent and we have a lot of problems particularly scoring goals but I think we have enough quality in comparison to the weakest teams to be reasonably confident we won't be relegated whoever the manager is.

In that worst case scenario we could potentially send out an SOS to big fat Sam at Xmas. I know you can't be complacent and we have a lot of problems particularly scoring goals but I think we have enough quality in comparison to the weakest teams to be reasonably confident we won't be relegated whoever the manager is.
Goals scored and conceded in the current table tells me we are one of the weakest teams.

Bring the entire '95 team back! (RIP Gary Ablett), then you could have Unsy managing, with Big Joe advising; Big Nev training Oickford; Waggy, Matty Jackson and Andy Hinchcliffe training some sense into our defence; our midfielders would have to play British Bulldog every day with Horne, Ebbrell and Joe Parkinson as the bulldogs; Limpar, Stuart, Amokachi and paul rideout trying to sort out our strikers?

"
His transfer record does leave a lot to be desired since he left, but he did sign some great players for us and we did play some decent football in his last season although I do suspect Jimmy Lumsden might have played Peter Taylor to Moyes' Brian Clough.

Putting Moyes in the same sentence as Mr Clough is, unequivocally, the biggest schoolboy error on the internet this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back