Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned down by Rafael apparently.

As a board you’d have to be absolutely insane to offer him the job, so I’m fairly confident you can file that one under BS. It’s not that he managed them it that he and them are involved in some freaky will they won’t they love in since it ended , plus some of his obviously disrespectful comments.

Like I said the other day mate.I love your posts and you are 99.999% Bang on the money.We have to beg to differ on this one.In my eyes he would be the Best for Everton in this current climate.He knows the league/language/area etc and is proven.

Fair point mate and thanks for your support!

I think Benitez would be a good choice, especially if further investment comes in.

I lost my temper a little with King Howie which was wrong, but he was continually twisting and misrepresenting me which was frustrating.

You know you've hitting rock bottom, when Allardyce is getting linked to the job.

And this was supposed to be the start of the bright new era.

Welcome to the new Everton, same as the old Everton, except worse :(
i'll happily take him if he gets us winning.

to be fair, I actually think he would get a tune out of these lazy bar stewards. he would defo love abit of lookman and vlasic. bombing down the wings playing his percentage football. if you put 98 crosses in the box, then you will defo get on the end of at least 3 of them, would be a huge improvement on whats currently being served up.

when big sam was at upton park, didn't they used to boo him off the pitch even after they had won?? is his style of football really that bad like?

I don't wish to be pedantic but, if you're going to make statements like that, get it correct. It just looks like you're bending the truth a little (never!) to suit your narrative
He finished 3rd at Chelsea and won the Europa after taking over in the November.

I can assure you I'm not obsessed by you, I just don't agree with your assertion that Koeman is on a similar level to Pochetino or Emery, never mind was (you didn't mention this in your original post) he's not RIGHT NOW. If you meant prior to last season, you should have said that. You'd still be wrong though. Please quote me where I've made the assertion that Benitez is on on another level to them 2. Because I do not think he is. Quote me. please.

The comment I made was Benitez is around the same level as Koeman, Emery or Pochetino not at Mourinho or Pep. It wasn't meant as a frame of reference for Koeman V Emery V Pochetino but rather to give an idea at the level I believe Benitez to be at. I apologise if that was unclear in the first post.

I assumed from the fact you keep quoting me that was the bit you found disagreeable. It's fair enough, you can make a case for most things but that's where I pitch Benitez. A very good manager but not at the very elite level.

As for Koeman his track record ranks similar to Pochetino and to an extent Emery, especially ignoring the last two months. Koeman achieved very similar to Pochetino at Southampton and won more than him in Spain, and has thus far always finished in the top 7.

I think Emery and Pochetino are better managers than Koeman. In any post or article I've written I am hardly blindly defending Koeman. However it's not unrealistic to think, when you consider their Cvs they are similar. I suspect over the next 18 months Pochetino will move into another level to Koeman, a level I'm not sure Koeman has within him.

However to say they are not broadly at the same level, when one has gone from Southampton o Spurs and another from Southampton to Everton would seem unusual.

At no point have I or would I say we shouldn't consider moving Koeman on. I think Pochetino and Emery are far better fits for what we are trying to do.

Apologies for losing my temper last night.

to be fair, I actually think he would get a tune out of these lazy bar stewards. he would defo love abit of lookman and vlasic. bombing down the wings playing his percentage football. if you put 98 crosses in the box, then you will defo get on the end of at least 3 of them, would be a huge improvement on whats currently being served up.

when big sam was at upton park, didn't they used to boo him off the pitch even after they had won?? is his style of football really that bad like?

He's just a bad wrongun on so many levels.

The Prem is also totally different to the other European leagues, especially as the managers from the continent aren't actually managers, they're trainers. The managerial aspect is done by Directors of Football. Then there's the cultural differences, something which has ruined the likes of Juande Ramos and other highly-regarded European trainers when trying their luck in managing a big Prem club.

True. But unsworth isn't the answer but like I say the nxt appointment has a lot of work to do and were already behind

Yes.

The comment I made was Benitez is around the same level as Koeman, Emery or Pochetino not at Mourinho or Pep. It wasn't meant as a frame of reference for Koeman V Emery V Pochetino but rather to give an idea at the level I believe Benitez to be at. I apologise if that was unclear in the first post.

I assumed from the fact you keep quoting me that was the bit you found disagreeable. It's fair enough, you can make a case for most things but that's where I pitch Benitez. A very good manager but not at the very elite level.

As for Koeman his track record ranks similar to Pochetino and to an extent Emery, especially ignoring the last two months. Koeman achieved very similar to Pochetino at Southampton and won more than him in Spain, and has thus far always finished in the top 7.

I think Emery and Pochetino are better managers than Koeman. In any post or article I've written I am hardly blindly defending Koeman. However it's not unrealistic to think, when you consider their Cvs they are similar. I suspect over the next 18 months Pochetino will move into another level to Koeman, a level I'm not sure Koeman has within him.

However to say they are not broadly at the same level, when one has gone from Southampton o Spurs and another from Southampton to Everton would seem unusual.

At no point have I or would I say we shouldn't consider moving Koeman on. I think Pochetino and Emery are far better fits for what we are trying to do.

Apologies for losing my temper last night.

I wouldn't want Benitez here but would deffo put him ahead of Koeman. I couldn't see Koeman doing what he did with Newcastle or Liverpool and that's just English football.

If the board decide to sack Koeman then I feel it has to be done before the end of the month and a new manager more or less ready to go.
The new man will need 2 months to assess the squad before the January transfer window and decide who he needs to get in and who he can afford to let go.
I don’t think we are as a squad that far off a 6/7 place finish if we get the 2/3 players we need in
IMO That’s a CF a starting CB and cover for LB
Coleman and Bolassie returning will improve the squad but as we and the whole club know the lack of a quality CF is holding the team back.
In the main all the parts are there they just need to be picked in their proper positions and be allowed play to their strengths and not to a rigid plan.
I feel however the board will back Koeman in January with the funds for 2/3 first team starters and hope for a run that will propel us up the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back