Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll happily take him if he gets us winning.

to be fair, I actually think he would get a tune out of these lazy bar stewards. he would defo love abit of lookman and vlasic. bombing down the wings playing his percentage football. if you put 98 crosses in the box, then you will defo get on the end of at least 3 of them, would be a huge improvement on whats currently being served up.

when big sam was at upton park, didn't they used to boo him off the pitch even after they had won?? is his style of football really that bad like?

As you say it is percentages football; down the wing,cross it in, feed off the scraps. Set pieces are a big part of the game too, as well as fitness. He seems to get drafted in when teams are not doing too well and then for one reason or another, moves on. West Ham, for some reason, think they should be playing like Barcelona.

I think if we are still in the bottom 5 at Christmas he could be an option. Hopefully the board wouldn’t let it go on that long, but you never know

Well you said "the only possible solution is a big name". Then your suggestion based on that criteria is multi-Champions League winning Carlo Ancelotti. And you're 'simply laughing' at those who have more realistic views than you.

So, basically,

Ancelotti is my shout, If I was on the Everton board I would look at the availability and viability of this appointment.

I'm laughing at Duncan and Royle shouts, not because they are unrealistic as an option but then they are outdated, unfounded and not something that will get us out of this situation, in my opinion. That's why forums exist, to portray your own views in a discussion.

Alan Brazil talking up his mate fat sam for the job. Im not sure how I feel about Allardyce, the way he left palace was a little odd, leaving to "spend more time with his family". It felt like the reasons politicians give for leaving a job, then you later find out that they have done something dodgy.

I think its difficult to argue with Allardyce's record, but his off the field stuff and brand of football will put people off.

http://www.[Poor language removed]/en-gb/2017/10/18/alan-brazil-suggests-sam-allardyce-for-everton/

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...m-allardyce-resigns-as-crystal-palace-manager

I rate the chance of us being interested in allardyce is 1%. I really wouldn't worry about it because some fat nobody said so.

Anyone who says Benitez is mental, not that many have.

Had a good few years at Valencia but it should be noted it was during Barcelona's worst team in living memory and pre-galactico Real Madrid.

Won a couple of penalty shoot-outs with Liverpool.

Took the reigning Italian and European champions to sixth place in Serie A and on the brink of exiting their group.

Took over Chelsea and lost to Swansea in the League Cup, went from being 4 points behind United when he was appointed to 18 points behind, exited the European Cup and fist opportunity.
Won the Europa League with perhaps the easiest run of all time - Steau Bucharest, Sparta Prague, Rubin Kazan and Benfica! Had to look the opponents up obviously and it was actually easier than I remembered!

Napoli finished second before they appointed him. They then finished 3rd and 5th. Got knocked out of Europe by the twin powers of Porto and Athletico Bilbao.

Real Madrid went neck and neck with Barca in the year before he was appointed. He lost 4-0 to them at the Bernabeu and suffered an ignominious dismissal.

Took Newcastle down. Brought them back up but they don't look great and could easily go down again. They even lost to Brighton.

He's really not that great.

I'd take Big Sam. NEA.

I’m in the Unsworth camp but I fear at times for us this season judging on the crap I’ve seen.

Is it fair to ask him to rescue us from such a shambles though?

It seems de rigeur here to dismiss Allardyce for all sorts of reasons, many of which I understand but the team is going off a cliff and I just want to avoid being in a relegation scrap come March.

Worrying about anything past the next few months is irrelevant.

Unsworth to see out the season.Or Sean Dyche or Thomas Tuchel to get a permanent manager in right away.I don't want Steve Walsh working with the new manager.Walsh is an out and out bluffer imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back