Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem a tad obsessed with me mate. Koeman's record prior to coming to Everton, and probably prior to this season would have been on a similar level. He may not have been as good but he is in and around that level.

You on the other hand seemed to make the ridiculous assertion that Benitez was on another level to Emery and Pochetino. Predominately inbred scab rats (otherwise known as a Kopite) would make that argument.

Yes thats fair. There is pre Liverpool Benitez and post Liverpool Benitez.

He got very lucky to win the CL with Liverpool but probably quite unlucky not to win the league. That being said, towards the end he started spending huge sums of money on ordinary players, and picked a fight with the owners to distort the narratives which the KKKult took hook line and sinker.

After that, all I have seen is a manager who has gone to European Champions Inter and left them mid table. Went to European Champions Madrid and left them getting annihilated by Barca. Went to Chelsea and became the first manager post Roman to finish outside the top 4. Went to Newcastle and took them from being out of the relegation zone to being relegated. It's pretty ordinary.

Most Kopites go on about him as if he's in the same league as Mourinho, Guardiola et al. He's not for me. He's a similar level to Koeman, Pochetino, Emery etc, guys a level below the elite managers.

I don't wish to be pedantic but, if you're going to make statements like that, get it correct. It just looks like you're bending the truth a little (never!) to suit your narrative
He finished 3rd at Chelsea and won the Europa after taking over in the November.

I can assure you I'm not obsessed by you, I just don't agree with your assertion that Koeman is on a similar level to Pochetino or Emery, never mind was (you didn't mention this in your original post) he's not RIGHT NOW. If you meant prior to last season, you should have said that. You'd still be wrong though. Please quote me where I've made the assertion that Benitez is on on another level to them 2. Because I do not think he is. Quote me. please.

"

Putting Moyes in the same sentence as Mr Clough is, unequivocally, the biggest schoolboy error on the internet this year.
It was merely a metaphor to suggest that Moyes may have had help with regard to recruitment, and that Jimmy Lumsden may have provided that. He was also one of the first members of staff to follow Moyes out.
Mr Clough would not have been the manager he was without Peter Taylor but he was a football managerial god.

3 evenings detention.
100 lines......I must pay attention in class.

I don't wish to be pedantic but, if you're going to make statements like that, get it correct. It just looks like you're bending the truth a little (never!) to suit your narrative
He finished 3rd at Chelsea and won the Europa after taking over in the November.

I can assure you I'm not obsessed by you, I just don't agree with your assertion that Koeman is on a similar level to Pochetino or Emery, never mind was (you didn't mention this in your original post) he's not RIGHT NOW. If you meant prior to last season, you should have said that. You'd still be wrong though. Please quote me where I've made the assertion that Benitez is on on another level to them 2. Because I do not think he is. Quote me. please.
May as well go for king kong kennny eh mate? Whats roy evans up to?

May as well go for king kong kennny eh mate? Whats roy evans up to?

Aha, that old chestnut. Really? He was wrong about something, I pulled him up, therefore I'm a RS. Yeah ok mate. He was wrong about Benitez and Chelsea finishing outside the top 4. I corrected him.IMO he was also wrong saying Koeman was a similar level to Pochetino and Emery. I do not think Benitez is at their level either. I asked him to prove where I said that because i haven't said it nor do I think it. But don't let that stop you.

Aha, that old chestnut. Really? He was wrong about something, I pulled him up, therefore I'm a RS. Yeah ok mate. He was wrong about Benitez and Chelsea finishing outside the top 4. I corrected him.IMO he was also wrong saying Koeman was a similar level to Pochetino and Emery. I do not think Benitez is at their level either. I asked him to prove where I said that because i haven't said it nor do I think it. But don't let that stop you.
the fat waiter is a busted flush at top clubs, his time with those lunatics ended him, he's a long long way from the manager who did well at valencia. left the rs worse than when he started, failed badly at inter, did okay no more at napoli, fluked a second rate trophy with a champs league team at chelsea and got newcastle relegated

I'm just worried that if he doesn't hit the ground running...we could be in a serious relegation dog fight and COULD be too late for anyone else to come in and save us.It could also destroy his confidence.See my above post.That scenario I would be happy with.I think he needs guidance by a seasoned pro.
Valid points, but hasn't a vastly experienced man both as player and coach got us in to this.

the fat waiter is a busted flush at top clubs, his time with those lunatics ended him, he's a long long way from the manager who did well at valencia. left the rs worse than when he started, failed badly at inter, did okay no more at napoli, fluked a second rate trophy with a champs league team at chelsea and got newcastle relegated

I'm not advocating getting Benitez, I'm merely pulling someone up that got something wrong. Fwiw, I think he'd be ok, his teams seem to be well drilled and he's a decent coach. Always get the impression he has no time for prinadonnas, clashed with a lot of big players at his past clubs, but improves lesser players. However, I'd rather us go for someone fresh, someone upcoming. I wouldn't want Ancelotti either. Seems to be a Manager rather than a 'coach'. Was listening to a podcast (Rafael honigstein on James Richardsons new one)this week that said he didn't put any work in on the training pitch. The Munich players actually had to meet up at a local park !!!!!!! He's a manager of big players that probably don't need as much coaching, think he'd be a total wrong fit for us. I feel Dyche deserves a chance at a big club, if he was foreign, he'd probably have more people wanting him! On the same Podcast it said Conte will be off and Tuchel is waiting for that job, Chelsea have spoke to him before they got Conte. Can't see that happening. But my preference would be Silva or Wagner

I'm not advocating getting Benitez, I'm merely pulling someone up that got something wrong. Fwiw, I think he'd be ok, his teams seem to be well drilled and he's a decent coach. Always get the impression he has no time for prinadonnas, clashed with a lot of big players at his past clubs, but improves lesser players. However, I'd rather us go for someone fresh, someone upcoming. I wouldn't want Ancelotti either. Seems to be a Manager rather than a 'coach'. Was listening to a podcast (Rafael honigstein on James Richardsons new one)this week that said he didn't put any work in on the training pitch. The Munich players actually had to meet up at a local park !!!!!!! He's a manager of big players that probably don't need as much coaching, think he'd be a total wrong fit for us. I feel Dyche deserves a chance at a big club, if he was foreign, he'd probably have more people wanting him! On the same Podcast it said Conte will be off and Tuchel is waiting for that job, Chelsea have spoke to him before they got Conte. Can't see that happening. But my preference would be Silva or Wagner
I can't see past him wanting to drive alonso out twice, I find that amazing, I don't think Ancelotti is up for a big project at this stage in his career either, dyche looks like an old scotch egg, and I can't see past that frankly. I wanted Rangnick when we went for martinez, I never ever saw why Koeman was allowed to name his price with us, but as we are a touch below the established managers, and I don't really want to go down the damaged goods route, I feel we will have to go slightly left field as Rangnick would have been four years ago

No mate, the bookies have adjusted the odds, due to the amount of money going on Unsworth, same as they've knocked the odds down on moonhead getting the boot for the same reason.

Nothing to do with club, unless you know different ?

Why are Warnock and Harry still amongst the bookies favourites?

Frightening times.

Can we sack the players instead of the manager please? After all, it's them who are churning out this dross at the minute.
This idea I think is completely silly that it's the players fault.

Either we have a team playing like professionals and doing as their manager tells them or we have a team doing the opposite. So if the manager is failing in his job due to poor tactics and lack of any preparation then how is this the players fault? He tells them to do what they are doing. If it doesn't work then do people expect players to break rank and disregard the manager? If they do that then what's the point in having a manager ?

If the players just don't look arsed and are not running, putting tackles in and ignoring the manager then they should be blamed. In our case it is because the system doesn't work and the manager is doing nothing about it

Alan Brazil talking up his mate fat sam for the job. Im not sure how I feel about Allardyce, the way he left palace was a little odd, leaving to "spend more time with his family". It felt like the reasons politicians give for leaving a job, then you later find out that they have done something dodgy.

I think its difficult to argue with Allardyce's record, but his off the field stuff and brand of football will put people off.

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...an-brazil-suggests-sam-allardyce-for-everton/

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...m-allardyce-resigns-as-crystal-palace-manager

Alan Brazil talking up his mate fat sam for the job. Im not sure how I feel about Allardyce, the way he left palace was a little odd, leaving to "spend more time with his family". It felt like the reasons politicians give for leaving a job, then you later find out that they have done something dodgy.

I think its difficult to argue with Allardyce's record, but his off the field stuff and brand of football will put people off.

http://www.[Poor language removed]/en-gb/2017/10/18/alan-brazil-suggests-sam-allardyce-for-everton/

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...m-allardyce-resigns-as-crystal-palace-manager

You know you've hitting rock bottom, when Allardyce is getting linked to the job.

And this was supposed to be the start of the bright new era.

Welcome to the new Everton, same as the old Everton, except worse :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back