Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti is used to managing stars who just need to be encouraged to perform. He has always been light touch and has done better in one off games than in leagues. This Everton team will slack off the second they're given the chance as we've seen countless times. They are inherently lazy, cowardly, spineless, stupid morons who need a dictator to literally tell them where to stand on the pitch and when. We don't have brains all over the pitch like Ancelotti has been used to. We've got muppets who can't find the penalty area from a corner, who can't execute a throw in routine, who are consistently unfit, who can be unlocked by one long ball, who bring down players in the area without thinking. Some of them can only use one foot and I'm not even sure of that, many haven't got the basics of control and passing forwards.

It's a terrible squad that needs a drill sergeant.
Couldnt imagine Ancelotti coming anywhere near us, why would he? But I'm sure he could turn a poor team into a better team.
Your point about what we need is interesting though. I thought when Koeman came in we would be getting that discipline, the fitness, the basics, exactly what we needed. Hasn't worked out for whatever reason. But I don't get why a group of highly rewarded individuals, who must be at least reasonably good at football can't just go out and put an effort in without having to be told exactly what to do and when to do it by a manager for 90+ minutes. Baffles me.

Couldnt imagine Ancelotti coming anywhere near us, why would he? But I'm sure he could turn a poor team into a better team.
Your point about what we need is interesting though. I thought when Koeman came in we would be getting that discipline, the fitness, the basics, exactly what we needed. Hasn't worked out for whatever reason. But I don't get why a group of highly rewarded individuals, who must be at least reasonably good at football can't just go out and put an effort in without having to be told exactly what to do and when to do it by a manager for 90+ minutes. Baffles me.

They just seem to have zero in game intelligence. There's stories of rugby teams where scrum and fly halves have practically planned the attacking game themself and ignored the advice of coaches. This even occurred at the level of England's run to the 07 World Cup and the most recent lions tour. For Zeverton though it seems like the players come out after weeks of training with no idea what to do, and not one of them is capable of adapting in game. I thought it was just a shortcoming of Martinez's squad but the new players under Koeman seem to be exactly the same.

If this club's owner is ambitious he should be working his way through a list like this (in no particular order).

Cocu
Mancini
Tuchel
Berizzo (Seville)
Rui Vitoria (Benfica)
Ralph Hasenhuttl (Lepizig)
Nagelsmann
Favre
Jardim (Monaco)

If this club's owner is ambitious he should be working his way through a list like this (in no particular order).

Cocu
Mancini
Tuchel
Berizzo (Seville)
Rui Vitoria (Benfica)
Nagelsmann
Favre
Jardim (Monaco)

Apart from Mancini I honestly think those on your list are riskier than Unsworth (who I personally don't even think is risky at all).

If we fail to win tomorrow night I hope that's the signal to promote Rhino.

Um, the one where he got a pretty limited team to qualify for a first major tournament in decades and got them to the semi final?
As someone above said, it's basically a one man team, take bale out and they're useless. He's shown nothing in his career that points to him being anything other than a crap manager

Cocu
Mancini
Tuchel
Berizzo (Seville)
Rui Vitoria (Benfica)
Nagelsmann
Favre
Jardim (Monaco)

Do you not think Rafael is worthy of consideration? Forget where he's been, on merit his record is good and he has handled things at Newcastle better than most I reckon.

We won't go down, there's worse team than us. It would be a very sad day for this football club should Big Sam ever become our Manager. Our history, our traditions, to have that man as Manager, with his 'brand' of football? No thanks. We are The School of Science after all.
I hope you are right
A lot of big clubs have said the same thing and gone down

Apart from Mancini I honestly think those on your list are riskier than Unsworth (who I personally don't even think is risky at all).

If we fail to win tomorrow night I hope that's the signal to promote Rhino.
I wouldn't object to Unsworth on a trial basis.

But those managers have either proven themselves with trophies or have proven their credentials as forward thinking coaches.

....I think a lot depends on whether a manager has built the team he’s managing. I’ve always been an advocate of looking at a managers record in the transfer market, who has he brought in and has their value increased. That maybe a little less significant when you have a DoF but it’s still a key competency.
Agree with your thoughts regarding managers and their competency in the transfer market. With that thought in mind would Moyes make a good replacement for Walsh? Am not advocating Moyes as manager, but he did seem to be able to spot decent players for a reasonable price...only Kroldrup and Richard Wright were exceptions to that.
Would like Fonseca as our next manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back