Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing Unsworth has done would suggest he would relegate us. Taken over a shoddy squad with no confidence shorn of its best players and in 3 games two of which were away he’s got 4 points. It’s not amazing, he might not be suitable for a long term appointment, but he’s got some factors on his side: we’ve played away from home a lot, we’ve played a lot of the top teams already, he’s got up to 5 first team players to return from injury soon, we’re not even in the relegation zone at the moment.

Give the man a shred of credit. He’s picked up a team that looked as though it didn’t have a player of prem class in the defence or attack. He’s had a horrendous fixture list with 5 of his 7 games being away (Atlanta at home is a dead rubber though). He’s operating under what is clearly a shambolic board. We should be glad we’ve got someone like this we can call on in times like this.

But not good enough......,.

Nothing Unsworth has done would suggest he would relegate us. Taken over a shoddy squad with no confidence shorn of its best players and in 3 games two of which were away he’s got 4 points. It’s not amazing, he might not be suitable for a long term appointment, but he’s got some factors on his side: we’ve played away from home a lot, we’ve played a lot of the top teams already, he’s got up to 5 first team players to return from injury soon, we’re not even in the relegation zone at the moment.

Give the man a shred of credit. He’s picked up a team that looked as though it didn’t have a player of prem class in the defence or attack. He’s had a horrendous fixture list with 5 of his 7 games being away (Atlanta at home is a dead rubber though). He’s operating under what is clearly a shambolic board. We should be glad we’ve got someone like this we can call on in times like this.

While I love Unsworth and think he is a great bloke, this job right now is more then he is equipped for.

Some of his team selections and decisions have been on par with some of the mental decisions Koeman made - the only difference seems to be there is less outcry about it because he is one of us.

Being one of us gives him a bit more lee-way then it should.

With Silva seemingly unavailable, I'm coming round to the idea of Unsworth having it until the end of the season.

That's where I'm at.

Me too.

But is it to much to ask that the club end the current uncertainty and make that official?

Rhetorical question, of course.

Instead we will now start faffing around trying to sign this Randwick bloke and that will fall by the wayside a fortnight from now :mad:

People seem to be getting irate because Unsworth is not a big name in the managerial world and they'd like to see Everton attract a big name for status reasons.

Let me remind them of this point: we are in a crisis. The only people who can get us out of that crisis are the players. The players, aside from how bad many of them are, have shown a couple of times now that they will reduce their effort in games if they dont support the manager. That leaves us in a very vulnerable position employing anyone else outside Unsworth - whom they definitely want to continue in the role.

Just write the season off and we can start again afresh next August with a new manager who has time enough to be able to sift through the squad for players he can retain and work with and to which he can add his own players.

I cant underline enough the depths to which Koeman has taken this club. We are basically left to start again on a new page, such was the devastation he's caused. In the short term we require a person to tip toe these players out of the danger zone of the mine field we're in. A wrong move with a manager right now could prove fatal.

I'm starting to suspect that the board had no plan whatsoever when it came to appointing a new manager, call me a sceptic.

I think the least damaging thing we could do now is to let Unsworth manage us to a 14th place finish and then start again in the summer, it's really hard to believe how far back Koeman and Walsh have sent us in such a short time.

People seem to be getting irate because Unsworth is not a big name in the managerial world and they'd like to see Everton attract a big name for status reasons.

Let me remind them of this point: we are in a crisis. The only people who can get us out of that crisis are the players. The players, aside from how bad many of them are, have shown a couple of times now that they will reduce their effort in games if they dont support the manager. That leaves us in a very vulnerable position employing anyone else outside Unsworth - whom they definitely want to continue in the role.

Just write the season off and we can start again afresh next August with a new manager who has time enough to be able to sift through the squad from players he can work with and to which he can add his own players.

I cant underline enough the depths to which Koeman has taken this club. We are basically left to start again on a new page, such was the devastation he's caused. In the short term we require a person to tip toe these players out of the danger zone of the mine field we're in. A wrong move with a manager right now could prove fatal.

For me mate its about the right person coming in regardless of name if they have they right ability and views on football thats fine.

Am against Unsworth having it now, purely because I find some of the decisions he has made regarding the teams and in game tactics a bit baffling on the level of Koeman - and he would have been slaughtered for some of them.

If Unsy came in and won more, or at least shown that the team was on the change with the right selections and fight I probably wouldn't be so fussed about leaving it in his hands for the time being.

But, for right now I think its more then he can handle.

Just write the season off and we can start again afresh next August with a new manager who has time enough to be able to sift through the squad for players he can retain and work with and to which he can add his own players.

"We're in a crisis"
"Let's appoint someone who has no crisis management experience.... or top level experience at all come to think of it"

:hayee:

For me mate its about the right person coming in regardless of name if they have they right ability and views on football thats fine.

Am against Unsworth having it now, purely because I find some of the decisions he has made regarding the teams and in game tactics a bit baffling on the level of Koeman - and he would have been slaughtered for some of them.

If Unsy came in and won more, or at least shown that the team was on the change with the right selections and fight I probably wouldn't be so fussed about leaving it in his hands for the time being.

But, for right now I think its more then he can handle.
I'm not making a casae for Unsworth to become manager this season on a merit basis, mate. I'm just stressing the point we all know: these players will sink us if they get someone in who they dont take to.

We have a manager in place who they wont do that too. That is half the battle. We'll get a decent enough points haul to stay up even under those limited circumstances, and that is really all we should be concerned with right now.

Dutch Disaster left us in a precarious position as nailed on relegation candidates. We have to be humble and accept that and go into crisis mode from now until May. For me that means no new managerial appointments and we go Unsworth.

I'm not making a casae for Unsworth to become manager this season on a merit basis, mate. I'm just stressing the point we all know: these players will sink us if they get someone in who they dont take to.

We have a manager in place who they wont do that too. That is half the battle. We'll get a decent enough points haul to stay up even under those limited circumstances, and that is really all we should be concerned with right now.

Dutch Disaster left us in a precarious position as nailed on relegation candidates. We have to be humble and accept that and go into crisis mode from now until May. For me that means no new managerial appointments and we go Unsworth.

Belgian Kev and Schneiderlin have already seen through him Dave, and he was floundering so badly before the Palace game Rooney had to give the pre match team talk and halftime talk

Belgian Kev and Schneiderlin have already seen through him Dave, and he was floundering so badly before the Palace game Rooney had to give the pre match team talk and halftime talk
The whole club saw through Mirallas years ago mate. He speaks for no one other than himself. And his fellow refusenik is about as useful as a chocolate teapot anyway, so him downing tools wont be noticed.

The story about them both, btw, came from WITHIN the squad, which shows you how isolated they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back