Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets all be honest, the bookies are having a field day anyways - the odds are changing on a daily basis, Ralf was the favourite and they've come out saying he is signing a new contract hahahahahahah.

Ignore the odds till market gets closed, all it shows that crazy people like burning money!

What a joke this whole situation is. Moshiri’s turned us into the biggest laughing stock in the league. The sooner he’s gone the better.

You say this on the basis of what?

Now im not pro or anti Moshiri, i just support everton! But to say he has made a joke of the situation is abit daft isnt it?

Wouldnt making a joke of the situation be sacking Koeman then getting in an Allardyce or Moyes (in west hams case) basicly the day after.

A win on sunday and unsworth would of got us 7 points from the previous 12 availible, if you can not get the manager you want right now, then why settle for 2nd best or gamble with anyone else.
WE have a safe if unspectacular pair of hands in charge right now in unsworth, who has the long term future of the club in his best interests and i trust him to keep us on the right track.

Now i am not saying this is what we are doing because i dont know the in's & outs of what goes on in Moshiri's head, which means you also dont know that it is a joke of a situation, but if you look at city (kept pellegrini as they wanted Guardiola so waited for him), United (kept Van Gaal until end of season even though they didnt want him as they were to wait for Mourinho), Spurs (didnt have any decent options after sacking Rednapp, put sherwood in charge as they waited for Pochetino).

This is nothing new, i would hate us to knee jerk into getting a manager in who isnt good for us just to satisfy the panickers who think we are going to relegated

I think he sort of is, you know. At best, it is a committee with Baines, Jagielka, Unnnsy, Rooney and Ferguson making the decisions
Definitely.

It’s quite funny, because the same ones who are in this committee are the same players who downed tools under Martinez.

Baines and Jagielka have no place in a Premier League team in 2017.

The board made the decision that unsworth was a better option than koeman. Was it a panic decision. Most likely. The only other reason they were informed by so called senior players koeman had lost the dressing room.Koeman prob deserved until and up to derby match in december to see if he could get points on the board. They went for unsworth and maybe had the belief they could attract a top manager. If that us the case they have failed badly so far.

I dont think anyone can fault rhinos desire to get the club out of the crap. He has been extremely lucky in the points he has obtained. They players seem to be working hard and he deserves credit for that but his tactics and decisions have been very very suspect. The problem will lie if he doesnt get win results against west ham and huddersfield at hime. Draws will be no good in those home matches and the pressure will be on then. We have the derby after that and i predicted in august they will wipe us 3/4/5 nil due to their pace and our lack of it and lack of any type of decent front man.

If we dont get wins against west ham and huddersfield i will call it that we will be relegated. It will be panic stations and we dont have the characters for it. Baines and jags are supposed leaders. I dont doubt their committment but they are the senior players who have lead the team to collapse after collapse over the last 3 years.

The board actually rolled the dice with our club. Lets hope they get lucky.

Definitely.

It’s quite funny, because the same ones who are in this committee are the same players who downed tools under Martinez.

Baines and Jagielka have no place in a Premier League team in 2017.

And , incredibly, Unsy was there too, only behind the scenes you understand, hands not getting dirty, oh no, then the incumbent manager gets the sack and, how fortunate Unnsy is there to step in, reluctanct of course, didn't want the gig, doing it all for the club, oh thanks Dave Prentice for that question of course I'd be interested in the job full time, who wouldn't, everton all day every day etc etc

Lucky we didn't appoint Allardyce with Craig Shakespeare, the latter and Unsy would spend the whole time plotting

You say this on the basis of what?

Now im not pro or anti Moshiri, i just support everton! But to say he has made a joke of the situation is abit daft isnt it?

Wouldnt making a joke of the situation be sacking Koeman then getting in an Allardyce or Moyes (in west hams case) basicly the day after.

A win on sunday and unsworth would of got us 7 points from the previous 12 availible, if you can not get the manager you want right now, then why settle for 2nd best or gamble with anyone else.
WE have a safe if unspectacular pair of hands in charge right now in unsworth, who has the long term future of the club in his best interests and i trust him to keep us on the right track.

Now i am not saying this is what we are doing because i dont know the in's & outs of what goes on in Moshiri's head, which means you also dont know that it is a joke of a situation, but if you look at city (kept pellegrini as they wanted Guardiola so waited for him), United (kept Van Gaal until end of season even though they didnt want him as they were to wait for Mourinho), Spurs (didnt have any decent options after sacking Rednapp, put sherwood in charge as they waited for Pochetino).

This is nothing new, i would hate us to knee jerk into getting a manager in who isnt good for us just to satisfy the panickers who think we are going to relegated
at last !!

For me mate its about the right person coming in regardless of name if they have they right ability and views on football thats fine.

Am against Unsworth having it now, purely because I find some of the decisions he has made regarding the teams and in game tactics a bit baffling on the level of Koeman - and he would have been slaughtered for some of them.

If Unsy came in and won more, or at least shown that the team was on the change with the right selections and fight I probably wouldn't be so fussed about leaving it in his hands for the time being.

But, for right now I think its more then he can handle.

Which games could he have feasibly won? Chelsea away? We actually played very well there, he can’t help it though that Aaron Lennon couldn’t finish and our defence forgot to mark from a corner. Leicester away is always difficult and granted that was a poor performance. Lyon away was knowing we were effectively out? He won the Watford game and drew at Palace who have turned themselves around regardless of their league position.

He is not the long term choice, but he has steadied the ship a bit. In 2 must not lose games he’s got 4 points. If we don’t lose against Southampton that’s steady progress. It’s not what people want but we need to accept that with our injury crisis we have one of the poorest squads in the league. We are in a relegation scrap yet people seem to be annoyed that Unsworth is scrapping rather than blowing teams away away from home with a strike force of DCL and Niasse and a defence of Jags and Williams.

I am nearly as frustrated as most Everton fans about the inexplicable delay in appointing a new manager. I had high hopes of Allardyce, then Silva but I cannot breathe easily about keeping Dyche until the Toffees appoint someone else.

Burnley fans are always worried when a bigg-ish club like Leicester or Sunderland sack a manager, but my personal view is that Aston Villa would be the perfect job for Dyche if Bruce messes up this season. At Villa, Dyche could commute easily to his Kettering home every day instead

COME'TH THE HOUR
3BFFD55D00000578-4103482-image-a-58_1483996783422.jpg

COME'TH THE MAN

I fear for orly here, tbh.

The managerial situation has tipped the lad over the edge.

I'm pretty calm about it all and have been since it happened: Unsworth will do for the season.

It makes life easier when you're comfortable with that knowledge.

Here’s what I think Dave....rightly or wrongly.

First up.....Koeman had to go.

We could not afford the luxury of keeping him one second longer, no matter we had a man in place or not.

He was a rapidly spreading cancer in our club.

Many people, myself included, have accused the board of having no real plan for a successor.

But I think they did,

I believe there was a feeling Unsie would be able to steady the ship and get us through to the end of the season when it will be so much less difficult to hire a new, permanent man.

Or even if David made a roaring success of it, the job was his.

But the baptism of fire at Chelsea, Leicester and Lyon unnerved everyone, directors and fans alike.

Hence the unseemly danse macabre we have watched unfold around Sam, Dyche and Mr. “almost worked a miracle” Bloke from Watford (still my favourite ever GOT quote :))

Amidst the unfolding hysteria around the place at the time, including those two knobheads spitting the dummy out, David went about his business with a quiet dignity.

And we have taken four points from the last two games.....both whilst playing badly but, and this is very important given the situation, achieved by showing tremendous bottle on a sticky wicket.

Sometimes, when attention is diverted elsewhere, a recovery is already underway.

For the first time since he stepped into the hot seat, Unsie has had a clear week, with no pressure games or international disruption, to work with the whole squad.

(I say that because the Atalanta game is nowt but a friendly fixture now)

The Silva thing being settled has lifted a weight from my chest.....I imagine it should feel that way at all levels within the club.

We have three very winnable games coming up in the next fortnight. Seven points is a really and readily available target IMO.

If we can find a bit of form and start playing well to augment the new fighting spirit I have still every confidence we will be in 8th place by New Year.

Time for the club to stop faffing around embarrassing ourselves with no mark managers and no mark clubs.

It seems to me Everton are alone in the world, look at how the pundits bullied the F.A. into making an example of one of our players.....so let’s start standing up tall and we can set the ball rolling by putting a bit of trust in one of our own.....tell Unsie the job is his until May at least and give us all some certainty back.

Lord knows we need it.

COYBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back