Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which games could he have feasibly won? Chelsea away? We actually played very well there, he can’t help it though that Aaron Lennon couldn’t finish and our defence forgot to mark from a corner. Leicester away is always difficult and granted that was a poor performance. Lyon away was knowing we were effectively out? He won the Watford game and drew at Palace who have turned themselves around regardless of their league position.

He is not the long term choice, but he has steadied the ship a bit. In 2 must not lose games he’s got 4 points. If we don’t lose against Southampton that’s steady progress. It’s not what people want but we need to accept that with our injury crisis we have one of the poorest squads in the league. We are in a relegation scrap yet people seem to be annoyed that Unsworth is scrapping rather than blowing teams away away from home with a strike force of DCL and Niasse and a defence of Jags and Williams.

To be honest its not even the winning its the selections and decisions he has made have shown its too early for him - in my opinion, if people dont agree thats fine.

I don't see it as scrapping, at all - working hard should be the minimum requirement of any footballer, its the set up and whats going on in the games. Koeman made the same type of set up and decisions and was hounded for it, I haven't seen anything from Unsworth which is changing my mind on that.

Even against Watford and Palace, we can't exactly say we out fought or where better then the opposition - we where lucky to win the Watford game and Palace didn't impress me, we could very easily have come out of that with nothing... very easily they had enough chances. The whole Lyon thing done my head in, the set up, they never got out of second gear and we could have had a go - effectively out or not, when we seen that lineup we knew exactly what was going to happen - they must have pissed themselves laughing.

We might not have a great squad, but to be honest if we were set up and drilled right and not conceding the first goal constantly we might be doing a bit better in the games people are "expecting" to lose...

Still can't get over anyone expecting to lose games.

Give Unsy the assurance he is fixed term until the end of the season and go all out for Simeone, Tuchel or Ancelotti (in THAT ORDER) in the summer.

Like it or not, money talks but Moshi's got plenty of that (and passion for the club). Throw in that we're one of world football's biggest sleeping giants and there's no reason we can't attract a proven winner.

Bad Language removed by moderator !!!

Don't know about 'sleeping' seems more like a an induced coma

Which games could he have feasibly won? Chelsea away? We actually played very well there, he can’t help it though that Aaron Lennon couldn’t finish and our defence forgot to mark from a corner. Leicester away is always difficult and granted that was a poor performance. Lyon away was knowing we were effectively out? He won the Watford game and drew at Palace who have turned themselves around regardless of their league position.

He is not the long term choice, but he has steadied the ship a bit. In 2 must not lose games he’s got 4 points. If we don’t lose against Southampton that’s steady progress. It’s not what people want but we need to accept that with our injury crisis we have one of the poorest squads in the league. We are in a relegation scrap yet people seem to be annoyed that Unsworth is scrapping rather than blowing teams away away from home with a strike force of DCL and Niasse and a defence of Jags and Williams.
Leicester and Palace had both won 1 home game all season before playing us, and are currently 12th and 20th in the league respectively. If you don't think it's feasible to win against sides like that, I'd love to know why after every single game we play against a side which should blow us out of the water by rights, you insist on blaming it on some weird mental block that suddenly afflicts anyone who walks through the doors at Finch Farm.

Things have been poor under Unsworth. I don't expect us to blow teams away, but having 31% possession and being quite comfortably outplayed against the worst side in the league is shocking. Unfortunately I don't know whether things are going to get better under a new manager, but to suggest that Unsworth couldn't possibly have done any better is really rather strange.

Here’s what I think Dave....rightly or wrongly.

First up.....Koeman had to go.

We could not afford the luxury of keeping him one second longer, no matter we had a man in place or not.

He was a rapidly spreading cancer in our club.

Many people, myself included, have accused the board of having no real plan for a successor.

But I think they did,

I believe there was a feeling Unsie would be able to steady the ship and get us through to the end of the season when it will be so much less difficult to hire a new, permanent man.

Or even if David made a roaring success of it, the job was his.

But the baptism of fire at Chelsea, Leicester and Lyon unnerved everyone, directors and fans alike.

Hence the unseemly danse macabre we have watched unfold around Sam, Dyche and Mr. “almost worked a miracle” Bloke from Watford (still my favourite ever GOT quote :))

Amidst the unfolding hysteria around the place at the time, including those two knobheads spitting the dummy out, David went about his business with a quiet dignity.

And we have taken four points from the last two games.....both whilst playing badly but, and this is very important given the situation, achieved by showing tremendous bottle on a sticky wicket.

Sometimes, when attention is diverted elsewhere, a recovery is already underway.

For the first time since he stepped into the hot seat, Unsie has had a clear week, with no pressure games or international disruption, to work with the whole squad.

(I say that because the Atalanta game is nowt but a friendly fixture now)

The Silva thing being settled has lifted a weight from my chest.....I imagine it should feel that way at all levels within the club.

We have three very winnable games coming up in the next fortnight. Seven points is a really and readily available target IMO.

If we can find a bit of form and start playing well to augment the new fighting spirit I have still every confidence we will be in 8th place by New Year.

Time for the club to stop faffing around embarrassing ourselves with no mark managers and no mark clubs.

It seems to me Everton are alone in the world, look at how the pundits bullied the F.A. into making an example of one of our players.....so let’s start standing up tall and we can set the ball rolling by putting a bit of trust in one of our own.....tell Unsie the job is his until May at least and give us all some certainty back.

Lord knows we need it.

COYBB
As soon as Koeman left it should have been a matter of installing Unsworth as manager. Leicester did that after a couple of decent results with Shakespeare after Ranieri went.

The board are adding to instablity and I think if they backed Unsworth 100% after the Southampton game if we get the result then it settles matters with 7 points from 9.

If we get beat tonight and at the weekend the club will be on its knees with its mouth wide open infront of Big Sam saying " We will do anything, I MEAN ANYTHING "
...more likely they'll be offering Watford the £15M they want for Silva.

Exactly my point... we have someone who is a glorified scout - who has scouted only well known players for us hahahaha.

He spoke about doing that and instead worked on his tan in Italy.

I have been saying since the summer, Walsh's role needs looking into, and when Koeman went I said he should have been given the same treatment or at least have an investigation into what he is actually doing... he has a huge part of the blame.

Agree with that really.

Part of me wonder what degree his title actually hindered him as well, based on nothing but a hunch, have the feeling Koeman would be sat there in discussions effectively ruling out a lot of the 'lesser known' players Walsh may have suggested in favour of more known/proven names.

The proper structure we NEED, is a genuine quality and proven DoF, Walsh bellow him as the head scout and a long term manager in situ who has been sourced by the DoF to meet the long term aims of the club in terms of style and substance

Agree with that really.

Part of me wonder what degree his title actually hindered him as well, based on nothing but a hunch, have the feeling Koeman would be sat there in discussions effectively ruling out a lot of the 'lesser known' players Walsh may have suggested in favour of more known/proven names.

The proper structure we NEED, is a genuine quality and proven DoF, Walsh bellow him as the head scout and a long term manager in situ who has been sourced by the DoF to meet the long term aims of the club in terms of style and substance
Agree with that really.

Your relying on the board on having brains and the know how of actually thinking of that idea. Look at Roma how their DOF came out after the manager left.

COME'TH THE HOUR
3BFFD55D00000578-4103482-image-a-58_1483996783422.jpg

COME'TH THE MAN

Would rather have him over Unsworth.

Leicester and Palace had both won 1 home game all season before playing us, and are currently 12th and 20th in the league respectively. If you don't think it's feasible to win against sides like that, I'd love to know why after every single game we play against a side which should blow us out of the water by rights, you insist on blaming it on some weird mental block that suddenly afflicts anyone who walks through the doors at Finch Farm.

Things have been poor under Unsworth. I don't expect us to blow teams away, but having 31% possession and being quite comfortably outplayed against the worst side in the league is shocking. Unfortunately I don't know whether things are going to get better under a new manager, but to suggest that Unsworth couldn't possibly have done any better is really rather strange.

Leicester and Palace both have new managers. Of course I would expect Everton to beat them normally, but my response was to another poster who said that Unsworth should have been winning them. We should never expect to lose but we should also not just assume a win. A caretaker manager going to the home of the former champions when they’ve got a new manager bounce and we’re missing 5 first team players? I’d want us to win sure but it would be difficult for anyone in those circumstances.

My main point is I think Unsworth is the last person at Everton who deserves criticism for this mess. I don’t understand the fans having a pop at him. He won’t get the job long term, but in my opinion he’s done as well as could have been expected given the dire situation Koeman left us in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back