Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester and Palace both have new managers. Of course I would expect Everton to beat them normally, but my response was to another poster who said that Unsworth should have been winning them. We should never expect to lose but we should also not just assume a win. A caretaker manager going to the home of the former champions when they’ve got a new manager bounce and we’re missing 5 first team players? I’d want us to win sure but it would be difficult for anyone in those circumstances.

My main point is I think Unsworth is the last person at Everton who deserves criticism for this mess. I don’t understand the fans having a pop at him. He won’t get the job long term, but in my opinion he’s done as well as could have been expected given the dire situation Koeman left us in.

..Unsworth’s Everton have conceded at least 2 goals in every game he’s managed. If that trend continues we will be relegated.

Maybe not a tiff but he has a valid point and yes relegation is definitely possible with the bunch of players we have available for selection who seem like they don't want to play for Unsworth.

Relegation is HIGHLY unlikely with Swansea, Huddersfield, Palace, West Brom, West Ham also struggling.

Have Farhad and Jim had a tiff?

This is Jim White winding up all blues, trying to get us to bite, so he can get his mate in fat Sam.

The reason why we are taking our time is because we have to get it right, we don’t want Pullis Moyes or Pardew that’s why they are getting snapped up.

Mosheri is doing the correct thing in my book, put the feelers out to see what’s what then going from there.

Let’s face it he is going to give a manager a large chunk of funds if it’s the right man.

He will not give fat Sam a large chunk then change again in the summer

Leicester and Palace both have new managers. Of course I would expect Everton to beat them normally, but my response was to another poster who said that Unsworth should have been winning them. We should never expect to lose but we should also not just assume a win. A caretaker manager going to the home of the former champions when they’ve got a new manager bounce and we’re missing 5 first team players? I’d want us to win sure but it would be difficult for anyone in those circumstances.

My main point is I think Unsworth is the last person at Everton who deserves criticism for this mess. I don’t understand the fans having a pop at him. He won’t get the job long term, but in my opinion he’s done as well as could have been expected given the dire situation Koeman left us in.

The owners and fans to some extent are stuck between thinking as a club we're better than certain managers (Big Sam, Pulis etc) but not good enough for others (Ancelloti, Tuchel etc).

Leicester and Palace grab whoever they feel will keep them going in the premiership.

There's a mild case of delusion set in with the club IMO that's stopping us making a decision.

Just put £25 on Unsworth at 3/1 because we don't look close to sorting it and skybet states any interim manager who takes charge for 10 competitive games will be deemed as a winner, tonight will already be Rhino's 6th game in charge.

..Unsworth’s Everton have conceded at least 2 goals in every game he’s managed. If that trend continues we will be relegated.

We were conceding before as well. What can he do about inheriting Jags Williams and 2 of the worst holding midfielders I’ve seen at Everton? If he just shut up shop and ground out 0-0s we’d have less points. At least we are showing we can score and we can get back into games.

The owners and fans to some extent are stuck between thinking as a club we're better than certain managers (Big Sam, Pulis etc) but not good enough for others (Ancelloti, Tuchel etc).

Leicester and Palace grab whoever they feel will keep them going in the premiership.

There's a mild case of delusion set in with the club IMO that's stopping us making a decision.

Leicester have hired Ranieri and Puel. Southampton Pochettino Koeman and Puel, they’ve also gambled on Pellegrino. Swansea got Laudrup and Guidolin. Watford have Mazzari Flores Silva

Yet whenever Everton do a manager search the shortlist can normally be put together by the fans it’s so basic. One relegation dinosaur, a few ex blues, Moyes, someone doing well recently in the prem and is massively expensive, someone in the prem who has just become available and is free and then one completely unrealistic name we have no chance of getting. Take your pick from any of them.

Just put £25 on Unsworth at 3/1 because we don't look close to sorting it and skybet states any interim manager who takes charge for 10 competitive games will be deemed as a winner, tonight will already be Rhino's 6th game in charge.
Out of interest, are you sure it's 10 competitive games? Just read Betfair Exchange rules and their rules state 10 Domestic League games?

We were conceding before as well. What can he do about inheriting Jags Williams and 2 of the worst holding midfielders I’ve seen at Everton? If he just shut up shop and ground out 0-0s we’d have less points. At least we are showing we can score and we can get back into games.

..I don’t know, Matey, it’s a tough one. What I would say is the whole team defends, not just the back four. It’s about what the team does with a football and does without the football. We look easy to attack, we don’t look organised and I honestly think we’re going to lose every game we go into.

I would hope whoever comes in gets the team better organised. At the very least, gives the place a bounce factor that produces the 4 wins we’ll need ahead of the window. I’m really unsure how a caretaker manager can attract players when they know he’s only in the job for a few months.

We are in a real mess. Unsworth will feel he can’t afford another defeat in the next two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back