Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I can’t be having all this ‘bleeding blue’ stuff, it’s too romantic. The majority of the squad are foreign, they will react to somebody they respect as a coach, not an Evertonian. The coaching staff is parochial enough, I just think we need a good coach.

We all want a good coach/manager.

The board do
The players do
The poor sods who go week in week out do

The stark truth though is

the good coaches don't fancy us.

We are showing the whole football world how NOT to run a premier league football team.

Blow £150 million in the transfer window on 4 NO. 10's when your attack is none existent and your defence is older than Adam.

Then, 6 games into the season, panic, and sack your manager without having a replacement lined up, you promote your U23 manager, who has "no experience around the first team" ( Unsworth quote in his first presser) and spend the next month chasing rainbows.

Meantime, your club go out of two cup competitions and sit 16th in the league.

Not exactly a big drawer at the moment are we?

If this was another club doing this, we all be ripping them to shreds.

But it isn't another club, its OURS, and it [Poor language removed] hurts.

...I can’t be having all this ‘bleeding blue’ stuff, it’s too romantic. The majority of the squad are foreign, they will react to somebody they respect as a coach, not an Evertonian. The coaching staff is parochial enough, I just think we need a good coach.

Agree completely with this.

If Arsene Wenger had to suddenly retire due to ill health and Steve Gatting the under 23 coach was put in charge. Would the Arsenal supporters be clamouring for him to be made permanent manager because he "Gets the Club"? Of course not. Would they want him to stay in charge to the end of the season? No way.

But somehow we look at everything through blue tinted glasses. The players are professionals who get paid handsomely. The manager is a professional who will get paid handsomely. I don't care if he has never heard of Everton as long as whoever it is does the business.

Also, preferably someone before my 57th birthday next May.

Honestly, this board really learn things the hard way.
Don’t sell your star striker without having another one in the bag.
Don’t sack your manager during the season without having sounded out potential replacements.

It’s not rocket science.
Not trying to be clever, Don't think we had any choice on the sacking, most of us wanted him out.

We aren’t really looking like we can score tbh. If you look at our last 6 league goals - 2 have been (soft) penalties, 3 have been directly and solely down to Niasse chasing a goalkeeper down, and one was shocking defending from a corner.
We aren’t really creating chances as such.
What, five goals in the last two games not enough for you?
Were you hoping for 4-0 thrashings to halt the run of six straight defeats before Unsworth took over?

Paul Joyce after ruling out rangwick as well now. Can't read the full article so if anyone can post It..

Have the full Paul Joyce article now

Ralf Rangnick is ready to tell Everton he does not want to replace Ronald Koeman as the club’s manager with RB Leipzig now hopeful of extending his contract as sporting director.

Everton approached Rangnick in their increasingly scattergun search as it became clear Marco Silva will remain at Watford, but the 59-year-old German is happy at Leipzig.

Rangnick was interviewed by chairman Bill Kenwright in 2013 to replace David Moyes, but he was overlooked in favour of Roberto Martinez. He was coach at Leipzig between May 2015 and May 2016, overseeing their promotion to the Bundesliga, but has since fulfilled a sporting director role.

Leipzig have emerged as Bayern Munich’s nearest challengers, and can still progress to the knockout stages of the Champions League, and it seemed unlikely he would leave. Everton could also have sought Rangnick’s advice on up and coming German coaches.

Everton had an offer of £10 million in compensation rejected by Watford last week for Silva and, after chief executive Scott Duxbury reiterated the Portuguese would not be allowed to leave mid-season, Everton’s major shareholder Farhad Moshiri is now looking elsewhere.

The former England manager Sam Allardyce has ruled himself out of the running to succeed Koeman, who was sacked on October 22, while Atletico Madrid’s Diego Simeone said he is staying at the club for the next two years.

Leipzig were always planning to extend Rangnick’s contract, but will now seek to accelerate discussions.

“We expect to extend the contract ahead of schedule this week,” said chief executive Oliver Mintzlaff. “Ralf Rangnick is the supportive engine of our club and therefore also elementary for our future development.”

David Unsworth will continue as caretaker manager for Everton’s Europa League game with Atalanta tonight.

What, five goals in the last two games not enough for you?
Were you hoping for 4-0 thrashings to halt the run of six straight defeats before Unsworth took over?

I don’t think our attacking play is significantly better is the point. In fact, the goal threat has been down to Niasse being in the side. Which i think Koeman was about to do anyway.

Have the full Paul Joyce article now

Ralf Rangnick is ready to tell Everton he does not want to replace Ronald Koeman as the club’s manager with RB Leipzig now hopeful of extending his contract as sporting director.

Everton approached Rangnick in their increasingly scattergun search as it became clear Marco Silva will remain at Watford, but the 59-year-old German is happy at Leipzig.

Rangnick was interviewed by chairman Bill Kenwright in 2013 to replace David Moyes, but he was overlooked in favour of Roberto Martinez. He was coach at Leipzig between May 2015 and May 2016, overseeing their promotion to the Bundesliga, but has since fulfilled a sporting director role.

Leipzig have emerged as Bayern Munich’s nearest challengers, and can still progress to the knockout stages of the Champions League, and it seemed unlikely he would leave. Everton could also have sought Rangnick’s advice on up and coming German coaches.

Everton had an offer of £10 million in compensation rejected by Watford last week for Silva and, after chief executive Scott Duxbury reiterated the Portuguese would not be allowed to leave mid-season, Everton’s major shareholder Farhad Moshiri is now looking elsewhere.

The former England manager Sam Allardyce has ruled himself out of the running to succeed Koeman, who was sacked on October 22, while Atletico Madrid’s Diego Simeone said he is staying at the club for the next two years.

Leipzig were always planning to extend Rangnick’s contract, but will now seek to accelerate discussions.

“We expect to extend the contract ahead of schedule this week,” said chief executive Oliver Mintzlaff. “Ralf Rangnick is the supportive engine of our club and therefore also elementary for our future development.”

David Unsworth will continue as caretaker manager for Everton’s Europa League game with Atalanta tonight.
Another one bites the dust

Not trying to be clever, Don't think we had any choice on the sacking, most of us wanted him out.

Exactly.

Moshiri stated that he was happy to give Koeman time.

The fans weren’t happy with that and demanded he was sacked as they did with Martinez.

Well done the fans.
We all have to hold our hands up, we are partly to blame for this mess.

Let’s be in no doubt, we are in greater danger of going down this year than ever, and for one reason.
The guy at the top has no judgment whatsoever

Another one bites the dust
Thing is with most of these links though, it's paper talk or coming from bookies dropping odds. The only real one we could argue had legs was Silva cuz the guy from the Independent is a reliable Watford source apparently, even then, it could all be bull and Silva is just deflecting the questions to keep his stock up and get improved contracts or offers on the table. I said last week I feel like Everton are going to pull a wild card out of the hat and surprise us all and if we are genuinely after Silva I do think we'll get him. If we were going with Unsworth they'll have to announce it this week I reckon to put the team, fans and backroom staff at rest.

Exactly.

Moshiri stated that he was happy to give Koeman time.

The fans weren’t happy with that and demanded he was sacked as they did with Martinez.

Well done the fans.
We all have to hold our hands up, we are partly to blame for this mess.
Yeah, because we were the ones who blew £150m on a bag of [insert word of your choosing].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back