Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd scored 9 in 12 games Joe. Smalling got the other for us, and we had a 1 in 2 striker playing for us (which we don't have now).

He also spent nearly our previous transfer record on one striker. We sat 13th when he was sacked.

Look at those pillows Joe. So comfortable. Maybe time for a little rest.
13th at the end of the season most fans would take that now go back to your many mirrors!

We all want a good coach/manager.

The board do
The players do
The poor sods who go week in week out do

The stark truth though is

the good coaches don't fancy us.

We are showing the whole football world how NOT to run a premier league football team.

Blow £150 million in the transfer window on 4 NO. 10's when your attack is none existent and your defence is older than Adam.

Then, 6 games into the season, panic, and sack your manager without having a replacement lined up, you promote your U23 manager, who has "no experience around the first team" ( Unsworth quote in his first presser) and spend the next month chasing rainbows.

Meantime, your club go out of two cup competitions and sit 16th in the league.

Not exactly a big drawer at the moment are we?

If this was another club doing this, we all be ripping them to shreds.

But it isn't another club, its OURS, and it [Poor language removed] hurts.

..i’m sure there are good coaches who are attracted to the job. I understand Silva wanted the Everton post, the problem has been releasing him from his current contract. You made the point you want Peter Reid because he ‘bleeds Blue’, I disagree with that as a requirement.

If you look below the first team, I made the point in the Youth team thread a little while ago that we are too parochial. I think every coach of recent times is an ex-Evertonian (Sheedy, Unsworth, Jevons, Jeffers, Ebbrell, Stubbs, Tait). They have done fine but I think it would help to get away from an almost fixation about ‘getting Everton’.

13th at the end of the season most fans would take that now go back to your many mirrors!

Would they?

I wouldn't. 20 points first half of season, a good managerial appointment and its 30+ for the second half.

Go to sleeeeep , go to sleeeep, go to sleeep little Joey...

No. Four points in last two games v six straight defeats. There is an uplift, and there’s a thousand percent more fight. If Koeman was here we’d have lost he last two, no question

Unsworth has been awful as have the performances, let's not attempt to dress it up any other way

..i’m sure there are good coaches who are attracted to the job. I understand Silva wanted the Everton post, the problem has been releasing him from his current contract. You made the point you want Peter Reid because he ‘bleeds Blue’, I disagree with that as a requirement.

If you look below the first team, I made the point in the Youth team thread a little while ago that we are too parochial. I think every coach of recent times is an ex-Evertonian (Sheedy, Unsworth, Jevons, Jeffers, Ebbrell, Stubbs, Tait). They have done fine but I think it would help to get away from an almost fixation about ‘getting Everton’.

He hasn’t, he’s been fine. He took over a nightmare and restored fight.

..the problem with Unsworth, Kev, is that he’s had a honeymoon period. Appoint him now and after a couple more defeats the atmosphere could become sceptic and the fight you allude to becomes fear. I don’t see any improvement in organisation or direction. We have conceded at least 2 goals in every game he’s managed and although you highlight the goals we’ve scored in the last few games, we really lack creativity.

It’s easy to see the trend of goals conceded continuing, but the lack of creativity means our goalscoring will dry up. I genuinely fear for us with an Unsworth appointment. We are in a mess.

I also said that he would at least instil some fight into our woeful defence.

I agree that "getting Everton" is becoming a fixation and i certainly wasn't advocating him to get the job full time, the point i was making is that i would rather Peter Ried as a caretaker than BFS or Pulis.

What worries me about leaving Unsy in charge is how inexperienced he is and the fact that we look like we are scrambling around for anything without a plan or firm leadership. We've been lucky the last few weeks whilst looking brittle at the back but I fear it won't continue especially now Niasse is banned for the next few games anyway.

13th is not relegation DM came 17th and kept his job wake up orly!

Joe, Martinez had Stones, Lukaku, Barry, Baines, Distin, Del, all kinds.

Moyes that season had a club nearly in receivership, an 18 year old Wayne Rooney and a whole heap of finished or low quality players.

Totally incomparable as you well know. Oh, and at that time, a lot of goodwill and understanding from fans and the board.

*pats the mattress* in you get Joe, I'll tuck you in

I've got this masochistic sequence of thoughts in my head where we can't find a new manager and then Unsworth has to struggle on but then results are awful so he gets sacked around Christmas time and then there's no one else to appoint but Big Dunc as interim cos no other manager wants the job, and the same occurs few months later and he gets sacked, then so on and so forth employing all the interested ex-players as interims until the mid 2020s when we're in the National League and the only staff left at the club are a bed-bound BK, Jim White with a yellow tie around his head, Moyes as kit man, Moshiri wearing a toga and 43 year old player manager Wayne Rooney who at this point has lost the ability to move forwards at any speed and can only crawl backwards around the pitch and doing that still gets out of breath.

Please Everton, I know you don't want me to have thoughts like this and I know nobody else wants to read/hear them so please save me or at least put me out of my misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back