Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if we are gonna give to unsworth till end of season we at least have to get in an experienced assistant, no idea who..but there must be someone available??

We must be the most sentimental team in the prem. Why the hell is he still in charge?
bill-kenwright.jpg

Just got back from the shops in the car and I heard Jim White say on TS he had spoken to the "Top man" at Everton and there will be no news today but there will be news tomorrow.

Just passing on what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger.

Just got back from the shops in the car and I heard Jim White say on TS he had spoken to the "Top man" at Everton and there will be no news today but there will be news tomorrow.

Haha sounds right

Either a statement if we get battered tonight

Or

Silence in the subject if we somehow get a result

...oooo, perhaps Marco Silva is walking out on Watford.

So, no Silva, No Simeone, No Rangnik, no Spiriti Sanctu, no Ancelotti, No LVG, No Fat Sam, No Sean Dyche, No Mancini, No Unai Emery, is there anybody left in World football who hanst back-heeled us?

..i’m sure there are good coaches who are attracted to the job. I understand Silva wanted the Everton post, the problem has been releasing him from his current contract. You made the point you want Peter Reid because he ‘bleeds Blue’, I disagree with that as a requirement.

If you look below the first team, I made the point in the Youth team thread a little while ago that we are too parochial. I think every coach of recent times is an ex-Evertonian (Sheedy, Unsworth, Jevons, Jeffers, Ebbrell, Stubbs, Tait). They have done fine but I think it would help to get away from an almost fixation about ‘getting Everton’.

Exactly mate, pick the best man for the job, not the best man who has to have played for the club

at least 2 of those 7 names you mentioned shouldn't be within a light year of the club IMO as well, Jeffers for reasons i won't go into much, and Stubbs because he helped facilitate the best player this club has produced in 50 years leaving

..the problem with Unsworth, Kev, is that he’s had a honeymoon period. Appoint him now and after a couple more defeats the atmosphere could become sceptic and the fight you allude to becomes fear. I don’t see any improvement in organisation or direction. We have conceded at least 2 goals in every game he’s managed and although you highlight the goals we’ve scored in the last few games, we really lack creativity.

It’s easy to see the trend of goals conceded continuing, but the lack of creativity means our goalscoring will dry up. I genuinely fear for us with an Unsworth appointment. We are in a mess.
I don’t think he had a honeymoon. He had to play three away games Lyon Chelsea and Leicester. Some
Honeymoon. Then try and beat Silva Watford and Hodgsons Palace. No easy games, but he’s stopped the rot and held faith with the kids, even bloodying two more ie Kenny and Benni.
And if it goes go pear shaped by Jan, we can still get someone else, cos we won’t have spent circa 20m to get in someone like Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back