Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we played a full strength side tonight for that reason.....for any reason in fact.....now, that would be shambolic.

We have a vital game less than 72 hours later and I fully expect the line up to reflect that fact.

And yes, I will be there tonight and no, I will not feel cheated if a weakened team is fielded.

There is too much at stake at Saints for fans to be getting precious over weakened teams in meaningless (to us) matches.
Good for you for going.
Our seats will be empty.
Full on can't be arsed.

The away leg was the worst performance I've seen in years.

Unsy is fighting for the job, a good win could get him it.
Got to be tempted to go strong.

You have no idea how much I will fume if thats the case, utter cowardice....

Chance of still getting points and some tiny glimmer of hope of qualifying - go for a really strange lineup with an out of form Gylfi as a striker...

No chance of qualifying, proper crap dead rubber of a game infront of probably 20k - FULL STRENGTH

I am literally fuming now even thinking thats going to be the case... play the kids, the fringe players and save the first team for the weekend.

bill-kenwright.jpg
Thats looks like its been done in an instant photo booth the day after they were both on a steak pudding & brown ale bender and the Mosh has just dropped a 'silent but deadly'

Don't know the difference between our first team and fringe players tbh.

Also I know Unsy seems a nice bloke, but I can't imagine anyone else just going "He gets the club, did well with 23's let's give him the gig".

We got battered over there, tonight isnt holding much hope with a small crowd... Ill FUME if he fields a full strength team tonight when he copped out because we where "effectively" out against Lyon.
And a draw would have had this game meaningful. Still probably going out but chance to go through

In Everton fashion , no striker high defence and out instead

That’s fine.

But don’t be thinking those of us whom are still arsed enough to go will be fretting about seeing the fringe players start the game.
I loved the way the auto cup scheme took the money out immediately after we got knocked out the other week too.
So, I do understand those who are going, as you've already paid.
I'd be fuming if Pickford, Keane, Baines are even in the squad.
Guess we will know soon enough, and I've said since Unsy took over.. Good luck picking a jarg team on the match thread lids.. Cos I wouldn't know where to start.

Just got back from the shops in the car and I heard Jim White say on TS he had spoken to the "Top man" at Everton and there will be no news today but there will be news tomorrow.

Just passing on what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger.

Yeah probably that after we get battered today that Rooney will be replacing Unsy as interim manager.

This is a all a total farce and getting scary. Lots of teams have had infusions of money, some like Man City work out, many others turn out like Blackburn, QPR, etc. Right now I fear we are falling squarely in the latter camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back