Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he could do a job until the end of the season along side Unsy.

Like you say, he bleeds blue and he would definatley instill some fight into our woeful defence.
I'm not so sure if being a true blue and wanting us to do well so badly are that great a quality to have for a manager, an added bonus for me, but its next to nothing as far having more managerial ability goes.

It is looking like Unsworth who I can only hope can do something, but I think its a desperate situation and have virtually no confidence in him at all.

Reid is far more experienced and may well do a good temporary job, I wouldn't be totally against him at all but would much rather, if so that he would be in charge and make all the decisions without Unsworth.

I get the impression that they're still scrambling around and no nearer appointing anybody and Unsworth is there solely because of that.

Just put £25 on Unsworth at 3/1 because we don't look close to sorting it and skybet states any interim manager who takes charge for 10 competitive games will be deemed as a winner, tonight will already be Rhino's 6th game in charge.

Not a bad shout that, 10th game in charge will be Limassol and that's only 2 weeks away

Out of interest, are you sure it's 10 competitive games? Just read Betfair Exchange rules and their rules state 10 Domestic League games?

...I think i’d check the specific terms on offer with the bookmaker you use as the definition might differ.

I think he could do a job until the end of the season along side Unsy.

Like you say, he bleeds blue and he would definatley instill some fight into our woeful defence.

...I can’t be having all this ‘bleeding blue’ stuff, it’s too romantic. The majority of the squad are foreign, they will react to somebody they respect as a coach, not an Evertonian. The coaching staff is parochial enough, I just think we need a good manager.

Last edited:
...I think i’d check the specific terms on offer with the bookmaker you use as the definition might differ.
Just checked again chaps, I've done it with SkyBet and this is what it says

"Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager"

I agree that it looks like the intention was to appoint Unsworth until May but they got cold feet with his somehat botched audition and have now been led up a blind alley.

The lack of communication on what is the most important appointment a club can make for me has been the most brutal indictment of the rank amateurs we have in control of our club.

Continuing uncertainty is in nobodys interest. I have grave concerns about Unsworth but it appears we have no other feasible option, thanks to the shenanigans of our custodians. This is Laurel and Hardy incompetence.

I really fear we have been set back years by this. We need to unite in adversity though and get behind Unsworth and the lads. If the worst transpires then survival will do, though anyone who thinks we can just dust ourselves down and start again next May after this is in for a rude awakening I believe.

We were conceding before as well. What can he do about inheriting Jags Williams and 2 of the worst holding midfielders I’ve seen at Everton? If he just shut up shop and ground out 0-0s we’d have less points. At least we are showing we can score and we can get back into games.

We aren’t really looking like we can score tbh. If you look at our last 6 league goals - 2 have been (soft) penalties, 3 have been directly and solely down to Niasse chasing a goalkeeper down, and one was shocking defending from a corner.
We aren’t really creating chances as such.

I'm not so sure if being a true blue and wanting us to do well so badly are that great a quality to have for a manager, an added bonus for me, but its next to nothing as far having more managerial ability goes.

It is looking like Unsworth who I can only hope can do something, but I think its a desperate situation and have virtually no confidence in him at all.

Reid is far more experienced and may well do a good temporary job, I wouldn't be totally against him at all but would much rather, if so that he would be in charge and make all the decisions without Unsworth.

I get the impression that they're still scrambling around and no nearer appointing anybody and Unsworth is there solely because of that.

Ok, give it to him until the end of the season then.

Mean time, the board can sit down, get the butties out and draw up a REALISTIC, list of candidates and get them in at the end of the season.

I'd rather Reidy than BFS or Pulis on temp contracts til then.

Its obvious that at the moment there are no strong, firm options out there for us.

The names we are being linked with are a sign of desperation.

BFS, Pulis, even our board aren't that stupid.

Silva is going nowhere without a massive payment to Watford.

Tuchel is out of work, if he was a realistic target he would have been here by now.

Dyche is obviously not the boards first choice otherwise an approach would have been made before now.

Simeone, LVG, Anchilotti and the rest are pipe dreams.

Ok, give it to him until the end of the season then.

Mean time, the board can sit down, get the butties out and draw up a REALISTIC, list of candidates and get them in at the end of the season.

I'd rather Reidy than BFS or Pulis on temp contracts til then.

Its obvious that at the moment there are no strong, firm options out there for us.

The names we are being linked with are a sign of desperation.

BFS, Pulis, even our board aren't that stupid.

Silva is going nowhere without a massive payment to Watford.

Tuchel is out of work, if he was a realistic target he would have been here by now.

Dyche is obviously not the boards first choice otherwise an approach would have been made before now.

Simeone, LVG, Anchilotti and the rest are pipe dreams.

That is considering the club have actually looked outside of the league to begin with.

Might be the issue here, can't get the manager we want and don't fancy /can't get any others.

Perhaps as experience has told us, this club won't consider a manager from overseas ?

Paul Joyce after ruling out rangwick as well now. Can't read the full article so if anyone can post It..

Can only post the free part but says enough to know its over.

Ralf Rangnick is ready to tell Everton he does not want to replace Ronald Koeman as the club’s manager with RB Leipzig now hopeful of extending his contract as sporting director.

Everton approached Rangnick in their increasingly scattergun search as it became clear Marco Silva will remain at Watford, but the 59-year-old German is happy at Leipzig.

Rangnick was interviewed by chairman Bill Kenwright in 2013 to replace David Moyes, but he was overlooked in favour of Roberto Martinez. He was coach at Leipzig between May 2015 and May 2016, overseeing their promotion to the Bundesliga, but has since fulfilled a sporting director role.

Leipzig have emerged as Bayern Munich’s nearest challengers, and can still progress to the knockout stages of the Champions League, and…

Scattergun approach describes our search perfectly, couldn't be more inept if they tried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back