Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one of the pro unsworth posters please tell me what you have seen in these 4 games that tells you he’s the man?
Also please consider what you’ve seen in these 4 games, selection wise

I'm not necessarily pro unsworth, I just don't want to go for Allardyce without giving Unsworth a game or two to see how he builds on his win.
These are the things I saw.
Giving Kenny a proper run at RB. I think he'll get better with a run of games.
Giving Beningme a chance, He has done alright/better than Morgan and maybe even Gueye
I thought from time to time the players showed more passion than they did under Koeman.
I thought his squad rotation for the OL game payed off in terms of the Watford game.

At the end of the day, When it comes to center halves
-Jags is past it
-RFM is injured
-Williams is one of the worst I've ever seen
-Holgate is in experienced

and up front
- Ramirez hasn't settled
- Rooney's not a striker any more, I've no idea what he is
- DCL is still raw and should be loaned
- Niasse is all heart but no talent

TBH I don't think theres any manager out there who could get a decent run out of a team with those center backs and strikers. Doesn't matter if you play Vlasic and Lookman every game if there's no proper #9

Indeed.

I posted the other day Dave, based on conversations I had with friends do and acquaintances at the match on Sunday and when I was over in Lyon.

If...still might I suppose....Sam had got the job and things did not improve right away, the toxicity levels at Goodison would have reached unprecedented levels.

I have never seen such unanimity amongst fans against a managerial appointment.

There was a big split when Gordon Lee got the gig but it was nowt like it would be if Sam was signed up.

I think at 2-0 down on Sunday that felt a little different though mate , even after the game in the pub people seemed to feel we got lucky . If unsworth gets it and we lose a couple on the bounce I’m not sure how much we’ll be turning our nose up at allardyce .

It’s just a horrible situation this and its effecting the fans as well.

Is it true the rumours are high on Unsworth?

If so it doesn’t surprise me. It’s the cheap non ambitious option. Cost saving at its finest. Madness

He was dealt a terrible hand with the first team though. With barely any chance for training he had 3 tough away games to contend with and an unbalanced squad lacking any confidence.

I honestly don’t think Mourinho or Guardiola could have done much better in the time he’s had.

That is very fair.

Thing is, I have little hope that Unsworth will have neither the stones nor the nous to sort us out. As in, dropping certain players, and playing certain others instead.

I also doubt, that outside of the youngsters, he will have much respect/credibility amongst the senior ones.

As ever, really hope I am wrong, and wish the fella all the best. Just if its true he is in, then, well, not optimistic.

It’s taken Guardiola a year to get City playing as he wants. You think he could transform our squad in a handful of training sessions and away games?

I think they started with 6 straight wins last year and had lost one league game by the end of November . Hardly fighting it out at the bottom .

On Unsworth I think they don’t want to waste ££ for Big Sam when the fans hate him plus Dyche isn’t the big name Moshiri wants.

Made up for Unsworth but he needed to start smashing heads in plus kick out Mirallas finally.

Plus Walsh needs to pull his magic wand out and find a new striker in January and finally earn his coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back