Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that the Unsworth rumours are just That, a rumour. I love the guy but I think over the 4 games he was in charge I seen enough warning signs to know he isn' the right man for the job and wouldn't get the best out of what is available to him.

I've entioned it previously, short term appointments shouldn't be an option as it will be a complete waste of cash on January and I won't be buying any crap that "x" and "y" aren't available until the summer. Thats just a typical bull excuse. There's currently 2 top class managers without a job and if it was any other top club looking for a manager they would be hired already.
Didnt one of them once take temporary charge at Chelsea?. Or am I getting confused?. If so it proves he's up for a short term position.

Out of all the names bandied realistically around, he's the one with the potential to really make a huge difference, just liked him since reading a really in depth article whilst he was still at Mainz and kinda kept an eye on him ever since.

Maybe Athletico fans thought the same about Simeone when they went for him,big risk at the time - but they where a massive historic club which had done nothing for years.

At some point i think you do have to just take a calculated gamble, otherwise you end up with 20+ years without winning anything and just making up the numbers
I must have read the same article on his coaching at FC Mainz. I think his coaching is innovative, he develops young players so on that basis he ticks the boxes but what do you make on his man management which has come a bit under fire? That would be a concern for me.

In that case you must understand that he's not good enough for the job at this point of his career.
Like most you're assuming he's not good enough. As has been said before, Unsworth has had a lot of games in quick succession with barely enough time to get to know some of the players and have a good number of training sessions.

If given the job and decent amount of time this season I still think he could do a good job.

Don’t care whether it’s Unsie, Alan Ball, Dixie Dean or Lionel Messi. Everton football club should not employ a manager who has yet to demonstrated he can manage & had success in the EPL or other top tier league.

I must have read the same article on his coaching at FC Mainz. I think his coaching is innovative, he develops young players so on that basis he ticks the boxes but what do you make on his man management which has come a bit under fire? That would be a concern for me.

Gizza link laaaa... am firmly in Team Tuchel and would love some more material to push it to the love some had for Vitor.

The crazy arm band wearing beauty

Oh beg to differ there mate, some would definitely be able too, Benitez 100% would over a period get this defence stopping leaking goals

The BIG question is rather - would any manager have been able to do so within 24 hours of taking over - Chelsea game, and with a 3 hour session only beforehand, and would any manager have been able to subsequently sorted the defence out given the ridiculously low number of training sessions they have been able to have with the players - given we had to go Lyon - come back from there and had games either side a few days apart.

Answer for that one is probably - not many would have been able to tighten them up - and none would have been able to stop their heads going completely soon as a goals conceded.

Only way we will be able to tell about Unsworth in truth - is over a period of time, and more so a period of time with a few decent back to back results like the Watford one - so he isn't dealing anymore with the morale and confidence being rock bottom, will he get that time and will he manage to sort the confidence out - who knows, but anyone really judging him based on the past 2 weeks is being well harsh IMO

an example - people are shouting out that Big Fat Sam would sort our defence out, is this the same BFS who about two weeks after taking over Sunderland came to Goodison with his Sunderland side and shipped 6 goals - and could and should have easily been double figures that day?
Agree with the short period of time he has had to get the team together but surly he has seen the first team play this season and any potential manager such as Unsworth must have had in his head a starting eleven.
We have had wingers in then wingers out then Sunday he went back to a koeman starting eleven that everyone knows hasn't worked and it again didn't work on Sunday.
That's hat worries me is that the changes were forced on him in the end and he still doesn't know his best starting eleven, I bet the starting eleven against CP wont be the same as Sunday.

All serious about this, barring the extremely short communication (I am refusing to count anything Jim White says, or the impersonator for Moshiri who does interviews as comms) the silence has been pretty alarming.

I don't, repeat do not, expect the club to update us after every interview, however something which could at least reassure the fans we are doing this process properly and not as half arsed as most believe would be a huge improvement on whats going on.

Everything I've read or heard about tuchel puts him polar opposite of Koeman, massively involved in training Koeman meanwhile delegated it to his brother and preferred to go golfing.

One thing we would see an end to is players picked on reputation as he broke that culture at Dortmund.

He's also had an extensive background in youth football. He will really not suffer any fools and prioritise training. One concern may be he favours a more possession based game, but I think he'd be perfect for us.

...not sure how you folk think, but not withstanding the euphoria of Sunday’s comeback, there was nothing to suggest to me that we could get anything from the Palace game. The way we set up out wide I can’t see how we can handle Zaha and I fear the feel good feeling will be well and truly extinguished.

Lennon will be in on one flank. Davies if fit on the other

..I don’t think it’s as simple as blaming the back four, it’s as much about how the team is set up ahead of them.

I said this to my dad the other day.

Joe Royle had similar concerns with his back 4, particularly Watson, Southall and to a degree Ablett who had been struggling.

What he did was get 2-3 midfielders in front who would protect them better, and play Hinchcliffe in front of Ablett and suddenly they all looked a lot better.

We have the players to screen the back 4. Gana did an excellent job at this last season. We know Jags & Williams strengths but they do need a bit of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back