Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. I'm watching City - Chelsea and at half-time there's Martinez talking about his perfect Premier League player.

Oh Everton, you're making me hate football.

And he actually put Ross Barkley as a Big Game Player :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It wouldn't, because he didn't want a short term contract. He knew that he had us over a barrel, and so he could get a longer contract which means he either gets a shot at achieving something or gets 12 months wages for doing nothing.
That’s being generous as it’s 18 months by my reckoning!

Whoever comes in needs to have the balls just to cull 90% of the squad and be willing to start again.

Accept the fact the 1st season is a pure rebuild job. Where finishing in the top 10 with sign of a plan, style, and improvement can be seen/made.

Exactly...there is no quick fix here unfortunately...

At least we have some decent youngsters coming through...

Whoever comes in needs to have the balls just to cull 90% of the squad and be willing to start again.

Accept the fact the 1st season is a pure rebuild job. Where finishing in the top 10 with sign of a plan, style, and improvement can be seen/made.
In my mind it has to be someone who is prepared to change the style of football and be given time to implement a radical change in the team personnel and attitude. I’d love Tuchel to be that man.

Exactly...there is no quick fix here unfortunately...

At least we have some decent youngsters coming through...

Premier League is a world game now - having the best local youngsters means nothing anymore. Having a good set of kids will not lead to future success anymore unless you have got some of the best in the world.

In my mind it has to be someone who is prepared to change the style of football and be given time to implement a radical change in the team personnel and attitude. I’d love Tuchel to be that man.
Already turned us down apparently before we took Sam.

Seen a blog or something like that said Fonseca is coming in the summer, done deal but we will see

We aren’t getting a ‘top’ manager. Sorry to break that to you.
Why not. Theres Two ways of getting top players, one is getting into the champions league the second is having a top manager that has previous pedigree of winning trophies.

If the money is there to spend another 150m+ go for the likes of Conte, zidane if their available and just say to them here's 150m let's see what you can do.

Going for a second rate manager is basically saying try and get 7th place.

I understand from someone at the club, Sam is to be booted out and the loyal Rhino asked to take the reins until the end of the season. He only needs to win one game. Announcement soon.
Perhaps that's the right decision, perhaps not, honestly not sure anymore. The club is a right mess, too many cooks in the kitchen as the saying goes. We need a gut out from Bill down to Walsh down to certain coaches and players with bad attitudes.

Regardless of that I do think and would hope that both Sam and Unsy could get this sqaud to get around 6 points from the next 9 but maybe Unsworth is the better call after the players seeing the abuse Sam got and knowing he's on the way out they might be inclined to not put in the effort.

I'd love to see Unsworth come in and get us 15pts and a strong finish just so we can go into next season on a good note and Unsworth can redeem himself. 15pts should be capable with the sqaud that's there but we all know it won't happen lol.

Why not. Theres Two ways of getting top players, one is getting into the champions league the second is having a top manager that has previous pedigree of winning trophies.

If the money is there to spend another 150m+ go for the likes of Conte, zidane if their available and just say to them here's 150m let's see what you can do.

Going for a second rate manager is basically saying try and get 7th place.
Conte the manager of last seasons champions and Zidane the manager of Real Madrid. Are you having a laugh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back