Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened to the Marco Silva shout...

We were after him a few months ago surely now he is available we should have a word & snap him up ready for next season..

He is a young ambitious manager who has different idea & could rebuild our beleaguered squad....

Seems the best option for me...

I would see if he wanted the gig on a trial basis to the end of the season. If he gets something out of this team that resembles a 90 minute performance then give him a contract. Whether he would want to do that is another question...

I would see if he wanted the gig on a trial basis to the end of the season. If he gets something out of this team that resembles a 90 minute performance then give him a contract. Whether he would want to do that is another question...

No good, we need a long term plan....
Silva was our choice earlier in the season so give him a five year contract & let him get on with the job..
The new manager will need time to clear out the players he does not want & rebuild for the future....
He must be given time....

I just can't get behind Silva if I'm being honest. He'll just flatter to deceive like the others have.

Fonseca is worth the punt. The guy seems to know what he's doing.

Silva was our choice earlier in the season so give him a five year contract & let him get on with the job..
The new manager will need time to clear out the players he does not want & rebuild for the future....

Not convicened at all not managed at the top level.
Only managed lower prem teams and showed poor attitude at Watford that affected there performances.
Koeman had a better profile.
I’m hoping our board are aiming higher.

A lot higher.

Not convicened at all not managed at the top level.
Only managed lower prem teams and showed poor attitude at Watford that affected there performances.
Koeman had a better profile.
I’m hoping our board are aiming higher.

A lot higher.

Well yes good call.....would be all for it...

Just that Silva is available & respected as a top coach...

Could come straight in & sort us out...

Don't disagree that a manager should be given time. But if you give anyone a 5 year contract and you get to November and they have only won 1 or 2 games it is going to be expensive mistake. I was adamantly opposed to getting in a new manager before the end of the season, but my patience has snapped after yesterday. The thing is I don't see Silva managing us, I don't think his record is good enough to risk a deal, but a short term appointment we could get to see if the players can get behind him and that might change my mind. He doesn't have to win all the matches, I just want to see improvements from our existing players. I don't think this will happen so it's all theory at the end of the day. But as he is doing nothing at the moment and it's looking more likely Sam has to go in the summer it would be a way of ruling him in or out of any discussions if something could be done.

Well yes good call.....would be all for it...

Just that Silva is available & respected as a top coach...

Could come straight in & sort us out...

We should push the look at our last three managers.
Two have become national managers and the other an unbeaten national manager.

If we do get Silva he will come be a slight success then fail and end up Portugal manager.

Because we’re not in the Champions league, we don’t look like ever getting into the Champions league, we don’t win stuff, we can’t attract decent players and we aren’t a big club to anyone other than our own fans.

Like it or not Liverpool are a much much bigger club than us hence why they can attract quality players and staff.

We couldn’t even attract Tuchel ffs.
If the money is available for transfers theres a top manager out there willing to take the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back