Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger's credentials as a trophy winning manger are beyond dispute. A winner for two decades.

The difference would be that whilst his players at Arsenal seem to consider themselves now above his methods, he would be a name who would demand respect from the spineless bunch at Everton. I worry for any new manager that the boys club mentality at the club is so strong. They know that if they lark about enough that trigger happy Moshiri will fire the manager. Wenger would be beyond that though, there’d be no way the players would win out against Wenger in Moshiri’s view. Finally we might see some of them actually respect a manager and play for him. Their treatment of Unsworth was absolutely shameful. They demolished West Ham when they thought their futures were on the line under the incoming Allardyce but the rest of the time showed an Everton trophy winner zero respect. He might still be here if it wasn’t for the cowards in the squad.

Then he'd be a bigger fool than I give him credit for. Anyone can see that the Watford results were down to players deserting him and the club management distancing themselves from him.

He's the same manager that Moshiri was going after relentlessly four months back
I would be pleased if we got him but I would go all out for Fonseca first.

Wenger or Fonseca?

A whole summer of stringing both along in a masterclass in indecision only for both to then pie us off and we panic going back to Moyes in the last week of preseason. Allardyce remains in situ the whole time just to keep the fume levels high.

The difference would be that whilst his players at Arsenal seem to consider themselves now above his methods, he would be a name who would demand respect from the spineless bunch at Everton. I worry for any new manager that the boys club mentality at the club is so strong. They know that if they lark about enough that trigger happy Moshiri will fire the manager. Wenger would be beyond that though, there’d be no way the players would win out against Wenger in Moshiri’s view. Finally we might see some of them actually respect a manager and play for him. Their treatment of Unsworth was absolutely shameful. They demolished West Ham when they thought their futures were on the line under the incoming Allardyce but the rest of the time showed an Everton trophy winner zero respect. He might still be here if it wasn’t for the cowards in the squad.
I think that's key about Wenger. He is so obviously successful that the only explanation for any team failure would be that it's down to the players, and so there'd be nowhere for them to hide.

I doubt it's a possibility though. But we do need as experienced and successful a manager as we can attract.

I would be pleased if we got him but I would go all out for Fonseca first.
I would too. I just think it's more realistic that if Silva is there in the summer the club go for him. We'd look like basket cases to want a manager so badly then leave him one side when he was there to take.

That said, I wouldn't put anything past Moshiri because he's quite obviously a clueless man of dubious honour.

Wenger wouldn't move unless he had full authority to run the club. At least it would be an acknowledgment that the board is willing to cede control. I do however, find it hard to believe we cannot find someone younger, more innovative, to run the club and pick a proper manager in line with his vision.

I dunno. He presumably got paid out to the end of his contract (end of the season). Wouldn't surprise me if that pay out came with conditions, one being about not signing for Everton immediately.
I didn't hear that he was paid off. I think clubs usually delay settlement for a while in the hope that a new job opportunity appears for the manager and that the settlement may then be less. I expect they are still paying Silva and in control of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back