Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding the right coach on an upwards trajectory is key. You wouldn't believe the amount of negative comments I remember when we appointed Pochettino calling him "small time" and a "backwards step" etc.

He was sacked by Espanyol, his best achievement was 8th with Southampton.

Many of the best appointments are underrated.
Which is why I think the Silva shouts are a bit mad. He was relegated with Hull, yes, he was high up the table in November but his team also let in the 2nd most goals in the Premier League at that time as well. And, when an opportunity arose, he spat out his dummy and he and his players downed tools.

There is no one at the club capable of taking on the role as a temporary basis until the seasons end, Unsworth had his legs cut from under him last time and can't see him being able to command respect after that, Ferguson - unless it's pigeons then wouldn't want him anywhere near being in charge of anything.

any of the Big Fat Sam crew - Shakespeare/Lee, not a prayer want them shut with Sam.

Which leaves us having to go for a permanent appointment such as Silva (which if he isn't first option is us settling for plan B without trying for plan A so to speak), sticking with Sam till seasons end - a slight risk as remember what happened at West Ham when he realised/was told he wasn't getting an extension and he effectively mailed in his management for the last 5 months of the season. or bringing in someone connected to the club in either Rooney (short term player manager role - gulp!) - really don't like that idea, or Arteta - which gives him a taste of the role, gets his profile higher - but doesn't tie him to us or us to him for a longer term appointment - not sure if that works either.

Option Z - give Martinez a ring see if he will take a dual role as Belgium manager and manage us the last part of the season - yes Dave i am trolling a bit there :)

The Everton hierarchy are going to be crossing everything on Saturday for a win; I doubt they want another spin of the managerial wheel before the end of the season. I honestly think there'll be no option other than to sack Allardyce if we dont get that win though and I cant see anyone within the club getting the job. It will be VERY interesting what happens in that event.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd have Martinez back in a heartbeat, btw. Everyone knows the defence is hopeless anyway so we might as well have a manager here who can get goals in games and come out fighting against teams.

The Everton hierarchy are going to be crossing everything on Saturday for a win; I doubt they want another spin of the managerial wheel before the end of the season. I honestly think there'll be no option other than to sack Allardyce if we dont get that win though and I cant see anyone within the club getting the job. It will be VERY interesting what happens in that event.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd have Martinez back in a heartbeat, btw. Everyone knows the defence is hopeless anyway so we might as well have a manager here who can get goals in games and come out fighting against teams.
You was grinning when you typed that weren’t you? Knowing how many replies your going to get!

You was grinning when you typed that weren’t you? Knowing how many replies your going to get!
Ha. No.

If he came back here and took them for a week in training they;d at least find each other with a pass more often than not. The technical proficiency of this squad has cratered since Martinez left.

Reactions: JLW

Indeed, if we get beat on Saturday then the hierarchy must act and get shut......

Indeed, if we get beat on Saturday then the hierarchy must act and get shut......
There'll be a meltdown. Moshiri has shown how easily swayed he is over appointments, and more than that he'll be sweating like a glass blowers arse over the club's PL status - which WILL be in doubt if we dont beat Brighton.

Finding the right coach on an upwards trajectory is key. You wouldn't believe the amount of negative comments I remember when we appointed Pochettino calling him "small time" and a "backwards step" etc.

He was sacked by Espanyol, his best achievement was 8th with Southampton.

Many of the best appointments are underrated.

This is why it's key Moshiri hires the best possible people he can who understand the business.

There's a massive cavern between what we on a forum think we know and what industry insiders know. Youse clearly got word that he was a very good coach and took his experience into context. We need to do exactly the same with whoever we appoint.

I just can't see Allardyce getting the boot before the season ends. It'd just look so amateur, even if we end up mathematically safe before then.
I think that you are probably right, but I think a bad result on Saturday will ramp up the pressure on everybody.

What is not known on here is what the mood at Finch Farm is. Are the players and management working well together , in spite of results.
Is Moshiri, Walsh, Bill or whoever the decision makers now content to let the season drift to a disappointing but safe end under Sam or is there a fear that Sam and the players are not on the same wavelength and that safety under Sam is by no means certain.

We could easily have had a result at Burnley but after the season we are having I don't think it was expected or demanded. Next Saturday is very different. A win and we are really are getting close to safety, a loss and we are back biting our finger nails as other results come in. I think the decision to get rid of Sam before the end of the season will really have to be forced onto the board.

I think there is no chance he will be here next season now and if people who hate him are looking for a positive from results at Burley etc then that is it.

There'll be a meltdown. Moshiri has shown how easily swayed he is over appointments, and more than that he'll be sweating like a glass blowers arse over the club's PL status - which WILL be in doubt if we dont beat Brighton.

I still believe we will not be in danger, but there would be a meltdown, from the top to the bottom, and this place will go crazy.....

This is why it's key Moshiri hires the best possible people he can who understand the business.

There's a massive cavern between what we on a forum think we know and what industry insiders know. Youse clearly got word that he was a very good coach and took his experience into context. We need to do exactly the same with whoever we appoint.

Like Steve Walsh you mean.......that worked out well......

Though I like Howe it does seem obvious that British managers/coaches are way behind the foreign coaches, football has moved on but still BFS, Pulis, Pardew, Harry f'in Rednapp, Mark Hughes, Moyes all seem to get gigs but have not progressed their philosophy - ever. Never said this is any of our recent struggling seasons - and we have had a few - but I just want the season to end.

I still believe we will not be in danger, but there would be a meltdown, from the top to the bottom, and this place will go crazy.....

In the event of a defeat (or even draw) against Brighton, I wouldn't give us much chance of a point in the following three games, and that could provide the slippery slope down into the Championship for us.

I'd expect a dramatic move following the game on Saturday if all 3 points aren't secured. A change feels imminent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back