Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of who will be our manager,, I really want the assistant to be Unsie. He deserves to take a step up

This is true but i think they will bring there own, unless Unsie can replace Dunc, but problem is Rhino is doing a great job where he is, be a shame to ruin that

They have made an announcement that they will appoint a manager ‘with a proven record at the highest level’ in the next 7 days. That to me suggests Benitez.
The infamous Sky Sources are saying he's happy where he is. Better the devil you know with Ashley than the sex toy brothers at West Ham.

just stumbled across this.

i think simeone would be the next big thing in the pl. but i dont think he would come to us atm. his style of football and what he has helped to create at atletico.

conte might if he was desperate, add emery and wenger to that

these would be signing of intent...or we could just go with silva and see what happens i guess, better than listening allardyce press conferences for another year

I don't think a big name as mentioned will accept our new model tbh. Hence why we are looking at Silva.

Been considering this and for me the name is secondary to what I want from our new manager. RM was the last manager to join the club and deliberately try to understand us, who we are, what we want, our history and our ambitions. He tried to make a difference across the club, not just the league table.

I guess a solid DOF is meant to play this role now and leave the manager to deal with the first team. It also places the manager at a disadvantage as it makes him very disposable base do purely on results alone. The foundation is being set by the Brands now.

Saying that the manager is largely still the face of the club and I would want to see the same level of buy in to the history and future of our club... not just his own win loss record. We need to build something, chasing short term wins leads to short terms decisions and unless you have a bottomless pit of money a redo every year to fix the mess until we hit on the magic formula.

I believe our fans can show that faith and patience as long as they see the club building something great and a team that we can be proud of.

That first season of Roberto was probably the proudest I have been of our club since '95. We tried to play the right way, had amazing youngsters coming through and even signing potential worldies. The manager spoke of our heritage and creating a new one. It was all perfect and in hindsight was incredibly sad to see how it unraveled.

Don't know what made me reflect like this.. guess comes from almost going into virtual hibernation for the passed season and wait for it all to end. I believe Brands is a great start.. the manager had better inspire too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back