Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AYE DER LADS, WHA ABAR Rafael LADS?

WE SHOULD DER LOOK PAST HIS COMMENTS IN DER PAST AND GET HIM IN DER LADS, HES JUST GOT NEWCASTLE UP TO 10TH HES A PROPER GOOD MANAGER AND HES EVEN GOT A OUSE ON DER WIZA LADS

IN Rafael WE TRUST LADS YNWA

Mutants.
I'd quit Everton if we signed him. Quit footie altogether probably. There's a certain "type" of manager you never sign for Everton because there just isn't that fit and this is something that would be obvious to some guy from Bangladesh who's only been supporting us for a year. It was a bloody surreal experience for me when we signed Large Samuel, like reality had been turned on its head or something. Granted, Beneathus does not fit that "type" because he is a successful manager but it would be a different kind of (still bad) surreal if we did sign him.

I'd quit Everton if we signed him. Quit footie altogether probably. There's a certain "type" of manager you never sign for Everton because there just isn't that fit and this is something that would be obvious to some guy from Bangladesh who's only been supporting us for a year. It was a bloody surreal experience for me when we signed Large Samuel, like reality had been turned on its head or something. Granted, Beneathus does not fit that "type" because he is a successful manager but it would be a different kind of (still bad) surreal if we did sign him.
Totally agree
Ex RS why change BFS for BFSW

AYE DER LADS, WHA ABAR Rafael LADS?

WE SHOULD DER LOOK PAST HIS COMMENTS IN DER PAST AND GET HIM IN DER LADS, HES JUST GOT NEWCASTLE UP TO 10TH HES A PROPER GOOD MANAGER AND HES EVEN GOT A OUSE ON DER WIZA LADS

IN Rafael WE TRUST LADS YNWA

Mutants.
Crying at that

Any other possibilities other than the usual suspects? Can we not do some illegal approaches which everyone else seems to get away with?

No to that

However - According to Watford we did that with Silva - one of the usual suspects , it now riles me the no marks want compensation after giving him the sack :red:

I agree with you that we need to broaden our horizons - I want Emery , Silva worries me , but what about Hasenhuttl - ex Leipzig seems decent what he did in the Bundesliga ?

I think we all know that Brands and Silva have been the management in waiting for some months now.
Personally I'm happy with this , some of the criticism of Silva is over the top. His record for any who care to examine it shows he is a talented and pragmatic coach and I think superior to Fonseca. He has also had time to study our team during his enforced lay off and I feel sure he has been in contact with Brands in that time. The apparently mysterious signing of Fabra may be a strong indication of that.
All in all there is no guarantee of success with any managerial appointment, who would have predicted Scolari's dismal failure for instance ? But I am very optimistic and looking forward to seeing Brands and Silva get to work.

Get Arteta

You take a chance whoever is chosen but with Arteta, he knows the club, he's respected by the fans, he'd be coming from a club that have just dominated the league, it would be bloody exciting and bring a broad smile to everyone's faces.

Top whatever Arsenal are about to offer and let the party begin.

As others have said Silva comes with the Watford baggage and would be greeted by many Blues with reservations.

I just feel, and have felt since November that Silva is the one Moshiri wants... No one goes that hard after someone and then passes the opportunity when they are out of work (albeit with a combo package to pay).

That said, even though I found his work at Estroil pretty impressive, I am not 100% he is the man when we stack him up with other potentially "available" managers.

I do, however, think the club has probably learned a little form the Koeman/Walsh situation and dynamic and is trying to do this right - I would presume due diligence has been done on Silva as we have had plenty of time to, and if he is the man, he has had plenty of time to assess the squad and understand the issues and benefits with the squad.

It appears, publicly at least, that brands is having a big say - which is the way it should be, he should be the one who enforces the style of play and how we move forward regardless of a manager - so I imagine that talks between Silva and Brands have taken place.

Was Silva the one that I wanted, not really, am I against him absolutely not. I think we will be playing a lot better football and have an identity again, I just hope he has learned something about himself from the Watford time and his gardening leave that means he is ready to put roots down and be a success which marries up with his reputation and potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back