Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His managerial record exept the flukey cup win is "kak" look it up.

Is it?

Did he not get Swansea promoted from League One and set them on their way to the Prem playing a slick and stylish brand have highly-lauded football?

Did he not keep Wigan up under significant budget restraints compared to the teams around them for three years playing an ambitious style that, while not always proving fruitful, eventually won them the FA Cup which they'll probably never win again in most of our lifetimes... yes they got relegated but the above alone more than balances that out.

Did he not, after 11 years under one manager that in the end had stagnated slightly, come in an bring the 'school of science' back to Everton introducing an exciting brand of football, buying and loaning exciting and quality players as well as making youth an integral part of our team while all the while getting a records point total for us in the PL era which this season could possibly be enough to win the title...

In his second season, despite being bogged down domestically, did he not - in his first season ever in Europe as a manager or player - get us further than any other British team and hammer the likes of Wolfsburg and Lille that caused English teams so much trouble both in the past and this season...

He has his faults, definitely, but he is far from 'kak'

The term winner is thrown about a bit too easy though mate. There's a pool of managers who have won stuff but it's mainly down to the resources of the club they've managed or a dollop of luck.

I think the main factor of anyone who would come in (supposing Martinez did leave) would be that the new person is in line with the owner's thoughts and values rather than having cups on their CV, although no doubt it would help.

For instance I can't ever see it happening at all but it would be silly to think that Mourinho wouldn't improve Everton short term. We have a brilliant set of u21s at the moment and he would be a poor choice for that facet.

Any profile would have many considerations to make a match. I'm just a fan so what would I know though?

Martinez is literally the dictionary-definition of a 'winner'

That weird maniacal German with his "run around a lot", and "bring a big man on and hoof it to him, then celebrate like you've won the league by getting a draw at home to West Brom" tactics would be classed a winner, but there is no way I want someone like that as my manager thanks.

i

Is it?

Did he not get Swansea promoted from League One and set them on their way to the Prem playing a slick and stylish brand have highly-lauded football?

Did he not keep Wigan up under significant budget restraints compared to the teams around them for three years playing an ambitious style that, while not always proving fruitful, eventually won them the FA Cup which they'll probably never win again in most of our lifetimes... yes they got relegated but the above alone more than balances that out.

Did he not, after 11 years under one manager that in the end had stagnated slightly, come in an bring the 'school of science' back to Everton introducing an exciting brand of football, buying and loaning exciting and quality players as well as making youth an integral part of our team while all the while getting a records point total for us in the PL era which this season could possibly be enough to win the title...

In his second season, despite being bogged down domestically, did he not - in his first season ever in Europe as a manager or player - get us further than any other British team and hammer the likes of Wolfsburg and Lille that caused English teams so much trouble both in the past and this season...

Plenty of Evertonians coming out of GP this Season would disagree with you.

Plenty of Evertonians coming out of GP this Season would disagree with you.

And i'm one of those Evertonians.

He has his faults and nobody is saying he doesn't. Heck, I've slated him a few times on here in the last week.

But his record is far from kak and to say it is is quite frankly disrespectful.

He may not be the manager for us, but the style and system he has instigated stands a very good chance of leading to success down the line - whether he is here at that point or not.

If he wants to stay he needs to stop making the same mistakes. His error at the moment is he cuts them out for 4 games at a time, then makes the same mistake again.

Is it?

It's a pretty long post I get what your saying on "football philosophy's" and his brand but He's lost more than he's won he's conceded more than he's scored Il leave that with you.

It's a pretty long post I get what your saying on "football philosophy's" and his brand but He's lost more than he's won he's conceded more than he's scored Il leave that with you.

I'm not arguing that mate.

He has his faults.

I don't think that makes him kak though.

The term winner is thrown about a bit too easy though mate. There's a pool of managers who have won stuff but it's mainly down to the resources of the club they've managed or a dollop of luck.

I think the main factor of anyone who would come in (supposing Martinez did leave) would be that the new person is in line with the owner's thoughts and values rather than having cups on their CV, although no doubt it would help.

For instance I can't ever see it happening at all but it would be silly to think that Mourinho wouldn't improve Everton short term. We have a brilliant set of u21s at the moment and he would be a poor choice for that facet.

Any profile would have many considerations to make a match. I'm just a fan so what would I know though?

I know what Jose does mate with youth systems and things but you can't doubt his managerial abilitys. I'm an inpatient ass and I can't see Roberto making the grade. Now we've got a billionaire I want a big time manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back