Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what Jose does mate with youth systems and things but you can't doubt his managerial abilitys. I'm an inpatient ass and I can't see Roberto making the grade. Now we've got a billionaire I want a big time manager
No doubting Mourinho, he's one of the finest managers in the world. For that reason I can't see him managing Everton right now mate.

still think ferguson /charlton might kick up a fuss about him...then after that most of the top clubs have managers that arent going anywhere currently..

Ferguson might but United need something tbf. But I actually think we're a better prospect mate right now we are exept the brand "United " Everton like.

I know. But I can't think exept him who would come in and win us things and Change the whole mentality of the club. You gotta think big and act big to be big
Again I think the thinking big and acting big is a throw away term mate.

For instance Martinez thinks big and acts big as Everton manager. No one has talked with as much ambition as he has about us for a long time.

Again I think the thinking big and acting big is a throw away term mate.

For instance Martinez thinks big and acts big as Everton manager. No one has talked with as much ambition as he has about us for a long time.

Which he does ( aswell as some utter horse plop) but like I've said unless he addresses the issues which he hasn't yet with the defence and subs etc were just the same as last season with a better squad tho and that's peeing me of big time

And i'm one of those Evertonians.

He has his faults and nobody is saying he doesn't. Heck, I've slated him a few times on here in the last week.

But his record is far from kak and to say it is is quite frankly disrespectful.

He may not be the manager for us, but the style and system he has instigated stands a very good chance of leading to success down the line - whether he is here at that point or not.

If he wants to stay he needs to stop making the same mistakes. His error at the moment is he cuts them out for 4 games at a time, then makes the same mistake again.
But mate, how can you keep on defending him, he is making us a laughing stock,supported him when he was appointed, but I feel it is time to send him on his way. we seem to be sleepwalking from one disaster to the next.

weird that other teams must have these kind of conversations all the time, not used to everton changing their mangers...

If we are still being crap towards the end of the season I imagine he will have talks with the board. I don't want him carrying on into nxt season tho and then being sacked Christmas if they think a new manager is needed I would prefer summer

Hypothetical replacements for Martinez....a manager of a team with a PL bog standard average net spend, but sitting midtable with every chance of finishing well into the top half and looking at its second cup SF of the season, and scoring buckets full of goals.

How did Evertonians get themselves into this entitled mess?

Dave why did you want the current board replaced - why where you so against them again?

Come on speak up mate, when did you become so entitled as to be critical at every opportunity of the board?

Hyprocritcal as i have said in toher threaads about you going on about Loyalty mate, fact is your trying to defend Martinez using anything you can think of to do so, including insults to other Evertonians - but your just making yourself a parody of everything you despise in the rs, truly deluded

But mate, how can you keep on defending him, he is making us a laughing stock,supported him when he was appointed, but I feel it is time to send him on his way. we seem to be sleepwalking from one disaster to the next.

Nobody thinks he is making us a laughing stock except some of our fans mate and the RS (who can't accept they're an irrelevant club now).

Most neutrals view us as a very good team with lots of good young players who are underperforming due to a variety of factors - some of which are down to RM and some of which down to other reasons.

Honestly think Mourinho is a possibility.

Starting from a very low base thanks to one of the worst performing managers over two seasons decimating the clubs standing, alongside massive investment. I think it'd intrigue him.

It'll take us a while to adjust to a new mindset with a wealthy owner, but the Mourinho shout is definitely not a laughable one.

Owner who can invest heavily in the squad - check
Talented group of players he can build upon - check
Chance to be given time without insane pressure immediately - check
Chance to build a legitimate long term project - check

His managerial record exept the flukey cup win is "kak" look it up.

Look at his record at Swansea - from Wikipedia.

On 24 February 2007, he returned to Swansea City as manager on a two-year contract, replacing Kenny Jackett, who had let him go at the end of the previous season. This appointment was mostly met positively from the fans, despite him not having any managerial experience.

With Martínez in charge, Swansea lost just once in 11 games, giving them a chance of clinching a play-off place on the final day of the 2006–07 season, but missed out following a 6–3 defeat at home against Blackpool. Martínez won his first League One Manager of the Month Award for October 2007 by leading his team to four straight wins in four in the league, including a 5–0 win and a 4–1 win over Leyton Orient and Bournemouth, respectively, away from home.

He went on to win the Award consecutively, in December after a thrilling 3–2 win over Leeds United at the Swans' Liberty Stadium, and in January after a second 4–0 win away from home against Doncaster Rovers. He was also nominated for the February prize but lost out to John Ward, manager of Carlisle United. In April 2008, Martínez signed a new contract with Swansea as the club became League One Champions, securing promotion to the Championship, and in May 2008, he was awarded the League One Manager of the Year Award for leading Swansea to the title.

The 2008–09 season saw Martínez preside over Swansea's first game in England's second-tier division in 24 years, which began poorly with a 2–0 defeat away at Charlton Athletic. Subsequently, Swansea's form improved and they lost only four games out of the next 30, including a number of key league victories against opponents such as Reading and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Martínez also guided his team to a 2–0 FA Cup win against Premier League side Portsmouth, who were the defending cup holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back