Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know how much on average Mourinho has spent each season for the past ten years. It must be close to the size of the GDP for a developing nation.

The feller wont wont budge unless he's throwing £35M at a LB.

Unreal. Move on is my advice.
He's not my favourite, but it would be nice to have a real winner on board.

If Roberto goes (and I supported him for long time, but right now I'm done with him), I would like Rudi Garcia or Lucien Favre to take over.

If we get rid of RM then we need to stop going for this policy of 'young' managers.

Get somebody who has been and done it at a club the size of or bigger than Everton, and has the experience of doing so

I agree with you blue toff to a certain degree but like I said it would be a punt it's just that Howe might just turn out to be something special and I just can't see your experienced managers who have won things wanting to come here unless we had positive things in place with regards to the stadium.
I think we would have to catch one of these experienced managers at a time of need such as Ranieri last season but Leicester got lucky at the time and things have fallen in place for them, Benitez god forbid would have jumped at the chance here but I wouldn't have wanted him for obvious reasons.
Can't really see too many of the managers who fall into that category wanting here but I stand to be corrected and it would be good if it happened and it worked out

Right so that's Karanka and Benitez(thank jebus) off the list. Odds on Jose getting shorter and shorter. It's on.

Question: do you think this feller is copming to Goodison anytime soon to have a net spend he wouldn't get up out of bed for?

Exactly.

A non starter. And if he did try and work within our budgets he'd produce the most sterile football.

Mourinho spent 49m, 5m and 9m (total 63m nets spend) in the 3 years back at Chelsea
Martinez spent -16m, 36m, 28m (total 48m net) in Martinez three seasons at Everton

So overall Mourinho on average spent 21m per season at Chelsea, Martinez 16m per season at everton, 5m more per season on transfers mate, hardly a huge difference really, also Martinez outspent by a large amount Chelsea in 2 of those 3 seasons, the blip season being the one we loaned in 40m quid worth of players which obviously don't count in spending terms

21m per season compared to 16m per season on average.

Also amusing how many people don't realsie that Mourinho has had some exceptional value for momney buys in his time as well.

Ozil 13m, Di Maria 24m, Modric 27m, Varane 7m, Khedira 10m at Madrid
at Inter - Eto'o -16m, Milito 21m, Sneider 11m, Motta 8m

Just to go from his last two foreign managerial posts, so yeah he has shown he can buy well without spending 35m on left backs mate

I don't think Mourinho is as unrealistic as some people think; after all his agent is best mates with Farad, and he would have money and time to build with a talented young squad already at his disposal. If not then De Boer.

Wouldn't mind Karanka. He plays decent football and knows how to organise a defence. Negatives are he's power mad and stubborn and has a tendency to play players out of position.

I agree with you blue toff to a certain degree but like I said it would be a punt it's just that Howe might just turn out to be something special and I just can't see your experienced managers who have won things wanting to come here unless we had positive things in place with regards to the stadium.
I think we would have to catch one of these experienced managers at a time of need such as Ranieri last season but Leicester got lucky at the time and things have fallen in place for them, Benitez god forbid would have jumped at the chance here but I wouldn't have wanted him for obvious reasons.
Can't really see too many of the managers who fall into that category wanting here but I stand to be corrected and it would be good if it happened and it worked out

I agree mate, but I'm not talking about the likes of Pellegrini, Mourinho etc.

I'm on about the likes of Flores, or Koeman, etc, who have experience of big clubs and in the PL. Flores is still my choice (well, Martinez is, but if he did go...) for a manager who could come in and retain the style of play but add that defensive soldidity that we need.

Wouldn't mind Karanka. He plays decent football and knows how to organise a defence. Negatives are he's power mad and stubborn and has a tendency to play players out of position.

I really don't think we need more of the same here next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back