Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deffo right on the tactical balls-ups. I should've mentioned that meself, especially against kalombay(?)

Just that the Jackson KO is the extreme example of being in total control on the way to stopping a big-hitter, and letting something as simple as a change of feet put you on yer arse & a few years backwards.

Kalombay was due to a falling out he'd had with Eastwood i believe which led to a change in trainer as away from Brendan Ingle and to some Panamanian from memory who liked pressure fighting lol was the most bizarre change in style i can ever remember, anyway going madly off topic so sorry mods

But yeah Graham wa sone of the most naturally talented boxers we ever produced who just found new ways to cock up every big chance he had

Kalombay - changed tactics massively, McCallum arsed around for 5 rounds showboating when he was on top, Jackson - outclassed him then got cocky with the fight almost won and left his chin out, more i think about it - does sound like Bobby doesn't he ;)

Karanka is thinking of walking out of a club two and a half months from the season's end - that's flaky. I'd say that's a legitimate concern to have about a 'contender for the Everton manager's job'...in the event that there arises a need for one.

That's not derailment, that's critique.

OK Dave, would you getb rid of Martinez if it meant Mourinho would become the next manager, no fannying around just a simnple answer and to why you wouldn't if its a no

Kalombay was due to a falling out he'd had with Eastwood i believe which led to a change in trainer as away from Brendan Ingle and to some Panamanian from memory who liked pressure fighting lol was the most bizarre change in style i can ever remember, anyway going madly off topic so sorry mods

But yeah Graham wa sone of the most naturally talented boxers we ever produced who just found new ways to cock up every big chance he had

Kalombay - changed tactics massively, McCallum arsed around for 5 rounds showboating when he was on top, Jackson - outclassed him then got cocky with the fight almost won and left his chin out, more i think about it - does sound like Bobby doesn't he ;)

A LOT like him.

Didn't he have a few low blows on Mccallum which cost him, too?

Could be compared to some of the late decisions against us, I s'pose, but the fact that we put ourselves in those positions in the first place (after being ahead)...

Check the age of some of the players Mourinho has used mate, his first season at Chelsea as a good an example as any

Cech - 22, Ferreira -25, Johnson -20, Joe Cole - 22, Bridge - 23, Terry - 23, Huth - 20, Robben -20. Tiago - 23.

There are many more examples. He signed a 21 year old Ozil for £16m for Real Madrid in 2010. How much did they make on him.

A LOT like him.

Didn't he have a few low blows on Mccallum which cost him, too?

Could be compared to some of the late decisions against us, I s'pose, but the fact that we put ourselves in those positions in the first place (after being ahead)...

Think he lost a point which ultimately lost him the win (fight was a draw) for throwing McCallum over his back and spinning him aorund and hitting behind the head i think, taking me back this - wish i had all the old VHS recording with me now lol

Galloway was bought last season after having played for MK Dons and started for us in the league last season mate, so no he isn't an academy player in the slightest, and if you really think he'd have played at all besides for a massive injury crisis at the left back spot then your kidding yourself.

I didn't say he was an academy player, I said those players were a mixture of academy and those bought with zero PL experience. As for injury being the gateway for Galloway: how else does any young layer get a chance if not through senior players being injured or losing form for a long period?
Check the age of some of the players Mourinho has used mate, his first season at Chelsea as a good an example as any

Cech - 22, Ferreira -25, Johnson -20, Joe Cole - 22, Bridge - 23, Terry - 23, Huth - 20, Robben -20. Tiago - 23.
Johnson had PL experience with West Ham and was bought by Ranieri; Bridge - first teamer before Mourinho arrived under Ranieri; Cole - established PL player with West Ham and signed by Ranieri; Terry - first team regular under Ranieri at Chelsea years before Mourinho arrived.

They're not great points to back your position up with mate.

I wouldn't. The interpreter's a massive tit, and he'd be jiggered without an open chequebook.

Thats a fiar point, i think he could actually do a great job myself as shown earlier in his career with Porto, and he did a fantastic job with Inter as well, could he do it with a younger team - i think he actually could and they'd buy into his brand of management a lot more than the superstar types have done - honetsly think he's missed the boat by not going to a none elite team and showing just how good he can be withotu a open chequebook, but all a matter of opinions

Would be almost worth it for the pure fume the rs would come out with though

I wouldn't. The interpreter's a massive tit, and he'd be jiggered without an open chequebook.

Thats a fiar point, i think he could actually do a great job myself as shown earlier in his career with Porto, and he did a fantastic job with Inter as well, could he do it with a younger team - i think he actually could and they'd buy into his brand of management a lot more than the superstar types have done - honetsly think he's missed the boat by not going to a none elite team and showing just how good he can be withotu a open chequebook, but all a matter of opinions

Would be almost worth it for the pure fume the rs would come out with though

I didn't say he was an academy player, I said those players were a mixture of academy and those bought with zero PL experience. As for injury being the gateway for Galloway: how else does any young layer get a chance if not through senior players being injured or losing form for a long period?

Johnson had PL experience with West Ham and was bought by Ranieri; Bridge - first teamer before Mourinho arrived under Ranieri; Cole - established PL player with West Ham and signed by Ranieri; Terry - first team regular under Ranieri at Chelsea years before Mourinho arrived.

They're not great points to back your position up with mate.

Robles, Stones, Besic, Mori, Barkley, Lukaku, McCarthy, Deulofeu - all established first teamers and none older than 25. We could put out a strong team of under 25 year olds with starting experience - there'd be no chance of that under any Mourinho regime.

Thos are the list of players you stated for martinez mate so using your similar method of shooting them all down

Barkley - already been brought into the first team under Moyes - probably would have feautred earleir and a lot more if it wasn't for a horrible setback with his leg break
Lukaku - has already had a full season in the prem with west brom when he banged in 17 in 35 games, more than he had managed under Martinez until this season btw in a league season
Mori - Already an argentianian international starter at cb - had won everythign their was to win in South America
Deulofeu - brought back after leading Sevilla in assists last season - now dropped out the first team in essence same as happened at Sevilla
Robles - had already ahd a season in the prem when we signed him
McCarthy - had started for years for Wigan already
Besic - bought of the back of the world cup when he shone for Bosnia

So MArtinez starting young players is all about how great he is at bringing youth throigh and giving them a chance
Mourinho when he playes younger players - its all about 'they had played for another manager and he bought them, or they had been already brought intot he team by another manager'?

So how would that effect the likes of the young players we start already, Mourinho as you stated doesn't mind playing younger players with experience int he league already, wouldn't effect anyone then really would it?

There are many more examples. He signed a 21 year old Ozil for £16m for Real Madrid in 2010. How much did they make on him.

Varane brought into the Madrid squad by him, Ricardo Costa - brought from the Porto academy into the first team by him, Santon - brought into the first team by him from the Inter academy - future coaches pushed him out. Jese - promoted from Castilla to the first team by him

Thats without even going into how many players had their best ever form and seasons udner Mourinho's guidance and players who went from being 'good' to being regarded as world class

You can't really compare Mourinho and Martinez in terms of their use of young players because Mourinho had the money and draw to buy ready made at their peak players and didn't need to use any academy players to make a good team.

Whereas Martinez cannot buy ready made at their peak players so has to do things differently, that seems to be buying a younger type of player and hopefully growing them into a good team.

So just because Mourinho did things a certain way at previous clubs doesn't mean he wouldn't do things differently at Everton in different circumstances, same for Martinez if he was in charge of a chequebook club.

Aitor Karanka: Middlesbrough head coach considering future at Riverside.

Aitor Karanka played for Athletic Bilbao and Real Madrid

Middlesbrough head coach Aitor Karanka is considering his future at the club.

The 42-year-old Spaniard, who took charge at the Riverside in November 2013, left Boro's training ground unexpectedly on Friday after a row.

Boro, who travel to Charlton on Sunday, are second in the Championship, four points behind leaders Burnley with a game in hand.

The club confirmed Karanka did not take training on Saturday and assistant Steve Agnew takes charge at Charlton.

"We appreciate supporters will want to know further details, but at this time the club cannot make any further comment and is solely focused on Sunday's game at The Valley," the club statement added.

Middlesbrough led the table by six points on 12 January, but they have won just three of their past 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back