Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek

Dude, you are on a wind-up. You have to be a out-of-towner, got to be. Your grasp of what is right for Everton is off. Peace out.

Why does it matter where someone's from ?
Regardless of why we're Blues, we're all Evertonians and all care about the club enough to type rubbish on the internet when we could probably be doing something much more pleasurable or productive.

I didn't say he was an academy player, I said those players were a mixture of academy and those bought with zero PL experience. As for injury being the gateway for Galloway: how else does any young layer get a chance if not through senior players being injured or losing form for a long period?

Johnson had PL experience with West Ham and was bought by Ranieri; Bridge - first teamer before Mourinho arrived under Ranieri; Cole - established PL player with West Ham and signed by Ranieri; Terry - first team regular under Ranieri at Chelsea years before Mourinho arrived.

They're not great points to back your position up with mate.

You did ignore that he used a 19 year old up front when he won the CL with Porto.

I'd say if we had serious money Mourinho would be a sound appointment - but I don't think we are now at that level

Aitor Karanka: Middlesbrough head coach considering future at Riverside.

Aitor Karanka played for Athletic Bilbao and Real Madrid

Middlesbrough head coach Aitor Karanka is considering his future at the club.

The 42-year-old Spaniard, who took charge at the Riverside in November 2013, left Boro's training ground unexpectedly on Friday after a row.

Boro, who travel to Charlton on Sunday, are second in the Championship, four points behind leaders Burnley with a game in hand.

The club confirmed Karanka did not take training on Saturday and assistant Steve Agnew takes charge at Charlton.

"We appreciate supporters will want to know further details, but at this time the club cannot make any further comment and is solely focused on Sunday's game at The Valley," the club statement added.

Middlesbrough led the table by six points on 12 January, but they have won just three of their past 10 games.
That should wipe his name off any potential candidate list.

OK Dave, would you getb rid of Martinez if it meant Mourinho would become the next manager, no fannying around just a simnple answer and to why you wouldn't if its a no
No. He's very negative and he wouldn't have the resources to make it a success here as he did at Chelsea.

No. He's very negative and he wouldn't have the resources to make it a success here as he did at Chelsea.
Did he spend a lot of money at Porto? He certainly didn't at Inter where he won everything. His net spend was something like 50M euro, which is roughly a cash we spent on Lukaku :)

Thos are the list of players you stated for martinez mate so using your similar method of shooting them all down

Barkley - already been brought into the first team under Moyes - probably would have feautred earleir and a lot more if it wasn't for a horrible setback with his leg break

Just no. Barkely was not a Pl player before Matinees arrived. It's truer to say he was a lowe league player given the game time he had down there.

Lukaku - has already had a full season in the prem with west brom when he banged in 17 in 35 games, more than he had managed under Martinez until this season btw in a league season

I wouldn't dispute he was an established PL player.

Mori - Already an argentianian international starter at cb - had won everythign their was to win in South America

Very young and zero PL experience. Again, no.

Deulofeu - brought back after leading Sevilla in assists last season - now dropped out the first team in essence same as happened at Sevilla

Handed his PL break first time around at Everton. Objection denied.

Robles - had already ahd a season in the prem when we signed him

Yes, courtesy of Martinez!! Sorry, rejected point.

McCarthy - had started for years for Wigan already

(See above)

Besic - bought of the back of the world cup when he shone for Bosnia

he could shine all he likes elsewhere, he was and is young and had zero PL experience.

So MArtinez starting young players is all about how great he is at bringing youth throigh and giving them a chance
Mourinho when he playes younger players - its all about 'they had played for another manager and he bought them, or they had been already brought intot he team by another manager'?

So how would that effect the likes of the young players we start already, Mourinho as you stated doesn't mind playing younger players with experience int he league already, wouldn't effect anyone then really would it?

Did he spend a lot of money at Porto? He certainly didn't at Inter where he won everything. His net spend was something like 50M euro, which is roughly a cash we spent on Lukaku :)
Question: do you think this feller is copming to Goodison anytime soon to have a net spend he wouldn't get up out of bed for?

Exactly.

A non starter. And if he did try and work within our budgets he'd produce the most sterile football.

Question: do you think this feller is copming to Goodison anytime soon to have a net spend he wouldn't get up out of bed for?

Exactly.

A non starter. And if he did try and work within our budgets he'd produce the most sterile football.
I don't know. Don't think money is a problem in this league for anyone now. I believe everything since Klopp take over at RS.

Exactly.

Better that if we win and keep it tight at the back, then the capitulating ineffective stuff we are seeing now. As for net spend you have no idea what that is going to be now we have change.

I don't know. Don't think money is a problem in this league for anyone now. I believe everything since Klopp take over at RS.
I'd like to know how much on average Mourinho has spent each season for the past ten years. It must be close to the size of the GDP for a developing nation.

The feller wont wont budge unless he's throwing £35M at a LB.

Unreal. Move on is my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back