Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say it again - Roberto Mancini.

Under him City had a bit of steal that they have now lost. It took steal to go on that unbeaten run at the end of 2012. In some respects we are in a similar position to City when he took over at the tail end of 2009. He was an infinitely better City manager than Pellegrini.

By the time he left them, he had gotten them into the Champions League, won the FA Cup and Premier League. He knows how to defend and would't tolerate crap like yesterday.

If Newcastle can get Benitez I see know reason why we couldn't get Mancini.

Not a bad shout that...I would be on board with that choice.

Nobody that could afford him. His record means he remains one of the top European managers. This is ridiculous, some people just can't handle the prospect of us hiring a top manager that you have to stop rubbishing the credentials of proven top quality managers. It's almost like you don't want it to happen.

Benitez is one of Europe's top paid managers, and he is being employed by Newcastle, end of.
Top paid yes, one o the best no.

Think everyone would love a top name manager but its naive o think we could get one of the calibre people are suggesting

Jesus, this season is like heaven compared to some of the dross that moyes served up.

We got beat by a good side yesterday. Ffs it can happen

Do you have any more excuses as to why Everton can't compete with the likes of Newcastle? Maybe Newcastle have a closer proximity to London or something? If Newcastle can employ the 8th highest paid manager in football, then so can Everton. And Everton's transfer budget is far from miniscule.
There's high paid an then there's 'highly paid' your being very naive to think we are that much of a draw to some of the names getting mentioned, we're not talking about Rafael we're talking about the level above that

There's high paid an then there's 'highly paid' your being very naive to think we are that much of a draw to some of the names getting mentioned, we're not talking about Rafael we're talking about the level above that

I can concede that paying the 15million pound a season that would be requried to get Mourinho maybe far fetched, not impossible, but far fetched. But Arsene Wenger, Klopp and Zidane are the next bracket after that, and we can definitely afford that level of manager, being paid about 8 million per year (10million Euros).

We could attract that level of manager, a VERY HIGH level of manager. Far better than our current comic book character.

Landon Donavon would certainly find that an interesting appointment ;)

image-174368473.jpg

I bet Donovan would view Martinez as being sackable right now too!

I will say it again - Roberto Mancini.

Under him City had a bit of steal that they have now lost. It took steal to go on that unbeaten run at the end of 2012. In some respects we are in a similar position to City when he took over at the tail end of 2009. He was an infinitely better City manager than Pellegrini.

By the time he left them, he had gotten them into the Champions League, won the FA Cup and Premier League. He knows how to defend and would't tolerate crap like yesterday.

If Newcastle can get Benitez I see know reason why we couldn't get Mancini.

Yeah I'd have Mancini as well. Would be made up with him.

No way Moyes would serve that up though with the squad Martinez has had.

Think we really need to get over this best squad nonsense. Its only us thinking that.

He had the same back 4 and keeper. A midfield as good as the one now and very good strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back