Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we really need to get over this best squad nonsense. Its only us thinking that.

He had the same back 4 and keeper. A midfield as good as the one now and very good strikers
Seriously? The squad now is miles better than back then. Moyes last two seasons wasn't dire at all, we played some excellent football. But before that, it was dire, due to largely a mishmash of bargain basement signings. We had Neville and Heitinga in midfield ffs! Who was the very good striker?

Anyone think a currently underemployed Mourinho would pass up a two game run to a trophy will th a basically safe side and chance to run the rule over the squad before the summer?

Of course he wouldn't - which should say it all as to his next destination (sadly).

Pellegrini's work at Malaga and Villareal would make him a good fit here - but I don't think we are in that level of market

Think we really need to get over this best squad nonsense. Its only us thinking that.

He had the same back 4 and keeper. A midfield as good as the one now and very good strikers

I don't want Moyes back but he never had a striker close to the calibre of Lukaku. You are talking about one of the most in demand strikers in Europe. Moyes had that with Rooney then it was sold.

He was shopping in a different league to that, Jelavic was useful with the resources available. But he could never go out and blow 28 million on a striker. The Club sold Rooney for nearly thirty million and gave Moyes crumbs for Beattie.

Yakubu at his prime was the best in my opinion but that injury v Spurs away affectively finished him. Saha, again was good but largely passed it when he came to us.

Koeman would be my realistic choice. Or maybe it's not that realistic with Southampton owners similarly wedged to ours

Mancini does the very minimum. Give him the highest paid team and he might win the league. Anything else and he won't be close.

Hughes? He was interested and we went for Martinez. Koeman? He would be stepping down. And the 3rd manager I'm not guna comment lol

Please elaborate how Koeman would be a stepping down mate? 7th vs 12th with a far inferior squad, massive stepping down that.

I hope not and my hopes have been raised over the last week.

First with Moshiri's stone-faced reaction to Kenwright waxing lyrical about him...then to Martinez saying there were things Moshiri wasn't happy about with the Chelsea performance....I just got the feeling our new investor was preparing him for the boot come May...and was so happy to hear he isn't one of the happy clappers.
I might be wrong, but I think you're seeing what you want to see in that.

Desperately hope I *am* wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back