Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People said the exact same thing when the new TV deals were reported. "If you think this means we are going to be going out buying 30 million pound players then you are going to be disappointed". Yet we end up signing Lukaku and spending over 50 million pound it two years.

I don't know about anybody else, but my opinions are based on the new TV revenues alone. I'm not even factoring in the possibility of additional support from Moshiri.
I agree we can pay most manager what they want and give decent backing, but we're talking about the very best managers out there and let's have it right we don't have the pull of a Utd or as much as it pains me a Liverpool and we certainly can't match them financially

We need a vocal, motivated manager who is going to be liked by the players.

Anyone suggested Klinsmann? Why not give him a chance with this set of players. Cannot argue with his pedigree as a player or manager.

They go him because no one else wanted him

I think Rochdale would have taken him on if he was willing to work for £250 a week. What you really mean is that he had already worked at a few of Europe's most biggest football clubs, and there was only a limited amount of clubs that would want him and afford him. Due to the TV money, the likes of Newcastle can now afford him. The result is that a relegation threatened Newcastle side lying in second to bottom of the Premiership have got themselves one of Europe's top managers.

I agree we can pay most manager what they want and give decent backing, but we're talking about the very best managers out there and let's have it right we don't have the pull of a Utd or as much as it pains me a Liverpool and we certainly can't match them financially

People need to realise this. We should be aiming higher than Martinez and I'm sure all agree on that but we have to be realistic. I mean we are currently behind WBA in the league.

Anyone suggested Klinsmann? Why not give him a chance with this set of players. Cannot argue with his pedigree as a player or manager.

I think you can - he's only had 1 club job and was sacked within a season.

I think Martinez is liked by the players, however it is obvious to see they don't trust the manager with regard to tactics and who can blame them.

But we can. Certainly when it comes to manager wages. There hasn't been a massive disparity in manager wages between Everton and Liverpool in recent years. How much was Brenda on compared to Moyes?

The fact is that we are getting rid of 200k a week in players who haven't been able to get a game in over two years this summer. Their wages alone could see us afford the money Klopp and Wenger are on; 7 or 8 million pound a year. That's the truth of the matter.

I think Rochdale would have taken him on if he was willing to work for £250 a week. What you really mean is that he had already worked at a few of Europe's most biggest football clubs, and there was only a limited amount of clubs that would want him and afford him. Due to the TV money, the likes of Newcastle can now afford him. The result is that a relegation threatened Newcastle side lying in second to bottom of the Premiership have got themselves one of Europe's top managers.
He's not been one of European top managers for many seasons. Like I said no one else was offering him a job

I will say it again - Roberto Mancini.

Under him City had a bit of steal that they have now lost. It took steal to go on that unbeaten run at the end of 2012. In some respects we are in a similar position to City when he took over at the tail end of 2009. He was an infinitely better City manager than Pellegrini.

By the time he left them, he had gotten them into the Champions League, won the FA Cup and Premier League. He knows how to defend and would't tolerate crap like yesterday.

If Newcastle can get Benitez I see know reason why we couldn't get Mancini.

But we can. Certainly when it comes to manager wages. There hasn't been a massive disparity in manager wages between Everton and Liverpool in recent years. How much was Brenda on compared to Moyes?

The fact is that we are getting rid of 200k a week in players who haven't been able to get a game in over two years this summer. Their wages alone could see us afford the money Klopp and Wenger are on; 7 or 8 million pound a year. That's the truth of the matter.

They would also want a big transfer war chest every window.

Point is these top manager are either at bigger clubs already or if they come available there'll be no shortage of takers, teams with more pull than us

He's not been one of European top managers for many seasons. Like I said no one else was offering him a job

Nobody that could afford him. His record means he remains one of the top European managers. This is ridiculous, some people just can't handle the prospect of us hiring a top manager that you have to stop rubbishing the credentials of proven top quality managers. It's almost like you don't want it to happen.

Benitez is one of Europe's top paid managers, and he is being employed by Newcastle, end of.

I think you can - he's only had 1 club job and was sacked within a season.

Sacked by Bayern after 25 wins, 9 draws and 10 losses though. His first managerial job and a big one. Seems to have had a part in setting up both Bayern and the German national team for future success.

All the real top managers and players want to be involved with clubs that compete for the top honours. Yes the money is good and plays a big part but when you play or manage a big club the money goes hand in hand with that.

We cant just assume that because we may be in a position now to throw money around that we now get a pick of the best around. It doesn't work like that. We need to increase the profile of the club first. Win some trophies and get in the champions league.

They would also want a big transfer war chest every window.

Point is these top manager are either at bigger clubs already or if they come available there'll be no shortage of takers, teams with more pull than us

Do you have any more excuses as to why Everton can't compete with the likes of Newcastle? Maybe Newcastle have a closer proximity to London or something? If Newcastle can employ the 8th highest paid manager in football, then so can Everton. And Everton's transfer budget is far from miniscule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back