Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'm going to join as Im bored plus Martinez lost most of the fan base so he might be gone in the summer depending on the fans and maybe they will let the board know they have had enough.

So we have

Villas boas and he got premiership experience, why did he fail at spurs is the question?
Would take a gamble on Frank de boer but he come from a league which is not as good as us so he might struggle
My first choice would be Emery but we have no chance

I think we could tempt Tuchel IF he has the transfer funds and the current players as a base to build from.

Klopp went to our neighbours who have a less talented squad and also no CL football, but they have given him a solid foundation to build from.

The money available plus our fantastic, young underachieving squad will tempt someone of a high calibre. We could land any foreign manager outside of the top 4 or 5 mega rich teams.
Tuchel would be great but I'm sure their are other good managers we could tempt like De Boer, Emry, Favre. We should be able to take a significant step up in the type of manager who we can attract.

We would need a manager that suits the home fans

So we would want a defensive manager who put defensive over attacking. Tacklers in the team. Hard working players, good at set pieces. It's seems that sound like big Sam, Moyes or pulis.

No, just a manager that gets results. Roberto doesn't hence the crowd discontent, nothing to do with them wanting a Pulis clone in.

This is a crowd that has seen genuine world class teams and players. I think it knows the difference between a good and bad team and a good manager and an utter fraud.

I think we could tempt Tuchel IF he has the transfer funds and the current players as a base to build from.

Klopp went to our neighbours who have a less talented squad and also no CL football, but they have given him a solid foundation to build from.

The money available plus our fantastic, young underachieving squad will tempt someone of a high calibre. We could land any foreign manager outside of the top 4 or 5 mega rich teams.

No chance mate, Tuchel spent a year out of football waiting for that Dortmund job specifically, no way on earth he leaves it in the next 2-3 years, especially with pep leaving he has a real chance of breaking the bayern dominace with that team he has

It's strange for a managers salary to be reported as a net figure, no other manager's salary seems to be reported that way, and this means that the article refer to seems to be completely ignoring Simeone whilst regularly updating it with the like of Benitez contract at Newcastle. 4.4 net puts him in a similar bracket to Wenger and Klopp, and is well within Everton's reach.

It's strange for a managers salary to be reported as a net figure, no other manager's salary seems to be reported that way, and this means that the article refer to seems to be completely ignoring Simeone whilst regularly updating it with the like of Benitez contract at Newcastle. 4.4 net puts him in a similar bracket to Wenger and Klopp, and is well within Everton's reach.
Jesus lad let it go, we ain't ge a simeone calibre manager

People said the exact same thing when the new TV deals were reported. "If you think this means we are going to be going out buying 30 million pound players then you are going to be disappointed". Yet we end up signing Lukaku and spending over 50 million pound it two years.

I don't know about anybody else, but my opinions are based on the new TV revenues alone. I'm not even factoring in the possibility of additional support from Moshiri.

People said the exact same thing when the new TV deals were reported. "If you think this means we are going to be going out buying 30 million pound players then you are going to be disappointed". Yet we end up signing Lukaku and spending over 50 million pound it two years.

I don't know about anybody else, but my opinions are based on the new TV revenues alone. I'm not even factoring in the possibility of additional support from Moshiri.

Was pointing out more to sagey saying "chill" to tell you the truth, we've all got valid opinions, and can speculate, but let's just sit back and enjoy the Moshiri/tv money ride, and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back