Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mourinho won't be going to Man United?
Klopp didn't go to Liverpool?
Pep isn't going to City - who may not have any next season either?

But like it or not Man U and Liverpool are massive global clubs. And Man City will get champs league and can literally pay anyone what they want.

Think people are getting carried away with Moshiri. All it means to me is that we will no longer get outbid by teams who we are now on a level playing field financial wise. If we really want someone we can go that bit higher. It doesn't mean we can go shopping with the really rich teams.

Relative to European football it can not be described as being miniscule in any way. Then you have to consider the expenditure that will be available if the likes of Lukaku and Stones are sold. And our squad is already the bestest in the last 30 years, so that's really not a bad platform to be offering a manager is it?

In addition to this, the new manager would be signing a new contract that is equivalent to him wining the Euro-millions, I guess he will just have to put up with our 'measly' 20-30 million pound a year transfer budgets. But where is the attraction in that? How could he possibly cope?

It would be interesting to hear whether the English FFP rules do include manager wages? They aren't players, so I don't see why they should.
We could attract some of the best managers yet but when people suggest the likes of mourinho and simeone, that's a bit out our reach, talking 100's of thousands a week, several million signing on fees and god knows how much to bring on their own back room staff. We're not quite t that level yet

On the FFP thing surely all wages are in the same bracket, players and managers

My opinion is that the TV money makes this possible anyway. It's the increase in TV money which is upholding my belief in my opinions, not the hope that Moshiri will prop us up with investment, although that would be very welcome if he did.

But all teams have this money now. I agree we need to be more ambitious and we now can be however its not like we've pulled away from other teams. We've just levelled the playing field.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=1233867

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/everton/next-permanent-manager

Interestingly, I searched odds for the 'next Everton manager' a few weeks ago and there was nothing, but today when I searched it is apparent that many sites have begun compiling lists.

Hahaha, the Paddy power top 4 there:

1. Moyes 4-1
2. Duncan Ferguson 6-1
3. Gary Neville 11-1
4.Carragher 16-1

But all teams have this money now. I agree we need to be more ambitious and we now can be however its not like we've pulled away from other teams. We've just levelled the playing field.

'Just' levelling the playing field is great news and means we can compete with almost anyone, so there's no need to convince ourselves that it's still 2001 and that we will forever be at a disadvantage. Also, the Premier League playing field is absolutely dwarfing that of the playing field on the continent. The top six clubs in England have already got top managers, Newcastle have just got one as well, we need to get one too, or are little old Everton so small and unattractive that we just can't compete with the likes of Newcastle?

'Just' levelling the playing field is great news and means we can compete with almost anyone, so there's no need to convince ourselves that it's still 2001 and that we will forever be at a disadvantage. Also, the Premier League playing field is absolutely dwarfing that of the playing field on the continent. The top six clubs in England have already got top managers, Newcastle have just got one as well, we need to get one too, or are little old Everton so small and unattractive that we just can't compete with the likes of Newcastle?

I agree we now need a top manager. Its time now. My first post on here was to hopefully stop people mentioning Mourinho and Simeone (I'm not saying you did that) as its Rawk like delusion.

We could attract some of the best managers yet but when people suggest the likes of mourinho and simeone, that's a bit out our reach, talking 100's of thousands a week, several million signing on fees and god knows how much to bring on their own back room staff. We're not quite t that level yet

On the FFP thing surely all wages are in the same bracket, players and managers

Well FFP doesn't include admin staff or CEO wages, so I'm not sure it will include managers? Will it also include directors of football, assistant managers and goalkeeping coaches? I don't think it does but I am happy to be corrected.

I think if we had the will then we could afford the managers that you name, especially Simeone, as I believe we could offer him a salary increase. We certainly need someone better than Martinez if we actually want to compete.

I agree we now need a top manager. Its time now. My first post on here was to hopefully stop people mentioning Mourinho and Simeone (I'm not saying you did that) as its Rawk like delusion.

That will be the RAWK like delusion that we laughed at so much when they thought they would be able to attract Klopp? We need someone of at least Klopp standard, and we could afford them as well.

Well FFP doesn't include admin staff or CEO wages, so I'm not sure it will include managers? Will it also include directors of football, assistant managers and goalkeeping coaches? I don't think it does but I am happy to be corrected.

I think if we had the will then we could afford the managers that you name, especially Simeone, as I believe we could offer him a salary increase. We certainly need someone better than Martinez if we actually want to compete.
Hes already 5 or 6th best paid coach in the world plus we'd have to pay off athletico which in itself would be 15+mil.

We have no clue how much mosh is prepared to put into atm so we should probably chill a bit thinking we'll throw money around like confetti

That will be the RAWK like delusion that we laughed at so much when they thought they would be able to attract Klopp? We need someone of at least Klopp standard, and we could afford them as well.

I know but sad and horrible as it is Liverpool are a massive club and known all over the world. We don't have that pull even if we were in a position to pay them the astronomical wages you allude to.

Hahaha, the Paddy power top 4 there:

1. Moyes 4-1
2. Duncan Ferguson 6-1
3. Gary Neville 11-1
4.Carragher 16-1

Its the rest of the names on their that made me laugh...Keegan?? O'Leary ?? Venabes? Christ even Dalglish is only 40/1....who compiles these lists???? Who would bet on any of them? Pouring money away. Anyway hoping my £20 bet on a Clough Busby Bobby Robson dream team comes off - 66/1 with Betvictor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back