Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's slight questions about Pellegrini's defensive work, that is nowhere near the same as Martinez who just threw out a back 5 completely unprepared and didn't practise set pieces. They are chalk and cheese.

Indeed most managers except Moyes are using attacking formation, Koeman is mainly use 4-3-3, Fdb is using 4-3-3, Emery is using 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, so you need to worry defensive work all of them.

Anyone but Moyes, anyone, rather have Mark Hughes.

I really think it will be De Boar as I cant see Emery or Koeman leaving there clubs right now, as much as we don't want it to be true it will be a step backwards for Emery and Koeman has won nothing anyway so not bothered about him.

I agree that both Koeman and Emery would leave their club so rush, they should have much more choices when they end their contract next year. I don’t think it will Fdb, he is unproven manager in PL, huge gamble, I would rather choose Pellegrini or Moyes when we can’t get Koeman or Emery

I agree that both Koeman and Emery would leave their club so rush, they should have much more choices when they end their contract next year. I don’t think it will Fdb, he is unproven manager in PL, huge gamble, I would rather choose Pellegrini or Moyes when we can’t get Koeman or Emery

De Boer is high risk high reward. We need to take that risk first to reap the rewards. We need to show some ambition as a club if we ever want to live up to NSNO.

http://www.ajax.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=566960

"Should it happen though, and both Overmars and De Boer end up at Everton. it wouldn't be likely they'll be the final Ajacieds to end up on Merseyside would it with a raid on the Ajax coaching and playing staff highly possible, if not probable!"

Would be a huge statement. Nof many bigger names than overmars and de boer.

Could really put us on the map.

Several papers running with the story that Koeman is about to sign an extension and giving a specific wage. The most logical explanation is that they've been briefed by Koeman's new agent who's trying to leverage a big offer out of Moshiri. Perhaps the stories linking us to Emmery were our part in the same game.
I'm not convinced that Koeman is really motivated to come to us but the battle for his signature is not over yet.

I hope he signs an extension with them.

FDB + Overmars for me .

Really surprised Roberto Mancini isn't being pursued....not even mentioned. I think he'd be perfect for this project and he's got the character to take on the likes of Guardiola, Mourhino, Wenger and Plopp.

Oh, and he'll bring Joe Hart with him.....

Great point there mate, I would prefer him and his scarf to any of the above, point to prove as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back