Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You only have to look at the strength of it and what is coming through it. He put people in the right place to manage it and you cannot fault Martinez for this because he paid a lot of attention to it. Players were beginning to feature, players were gaining experience on loan, some players have been unfortunate with injuries, it is going somewhere under the right manager

Poppycock.

He treated it with the same contempt Moyes did.

I get your point about comparisons to City but he has been at much bigger clubs than Southampton and last won a major trophy in 2008, in what you seem to deem weaker leagues.

Do see that he hasn't won silverware for some time. Did surprise me to see it had actually been that long mind. I don't know enough about the individual circumstances at the clubs he has been at previously, so will leave that for others. As I've said, I'm not really arguing the point of capability, just that it shouldn't be a case of 'go for the bloke at the better club'. Maybe I delved too much in trying to defend Koeman- not my original intention!

How did Rogers beat him . The team he was a managing couldn't close it out. Lost to a Chelsea reserves and threw a 3 goal lead at palace. When martinez was doin that here it was all the managers so why wasn't it Rogers fault then.

That's what I'm saying, it was Rodgers fault city won the league coz Liverpool threw it away, liverpool beat city in the run in, Pellegrini is major tosh.

Poppycock.

He treated it with the same contempt Moyes did.

Now you're just being silly

He played Barkley more for a start

Remember Sunderland away in 2013 mate?

I do, I trekked all the way up there for it

Barkley coming off his great performance against Arsenal, dropped to the bench

Remember the Anfield Derby that year mate?

I do, Barkley wasn't even on the bench

Martinez may have failed in a number of ways, but his attitude to young players was miles ahead of Sgt Major Moyes

Hmmmm - Koeman looking more and more like a pipe dream at this stage

The whole interview was designed to give the impression that things were going great however there was nothing definitive nor any quotes from Koeman's side, nor since.

It was at best, a fairly weak holding statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back