Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you're just being silly

He played Barkley more for a start

Remember Sunderland away in 2013 mate?

I do, I trekked all the way up there for it

Barkley coming off his great performance against Arsenal, dropped to the bench

Remember the Anfield Derby that year mate?

I do, Barkley wasn't even on the bench

Martinez may have failed in a number of ways, but his attitude to young players was miles ahead of Sgt Major Moyes

Also IMO wasted Ross continually playing him out of position.

The whole interview was designed to give the impression that things were going great however there was nothing definitive nor any quotes from Koeman's side, nor since.

It was at best, a fairly weak holding statement.

Could the Everton interest be giving Koeman strength to blackmail Saints for a better deal?

U
Do see that he hasn't won silverware for some time. Did surprise me to see it had actually been that long mind. I don't know enough about the individual circumstances at the clubs he has been at previously, so will leave that for others. As I've said, I'm not really arguing the point of capability, just that it shouldn't be a case of 'go for the bloke at the better club'. Maybe I delved too much in trying to defend Koeman- not my original intention!
I'm voting peligrini on merit and achievements not because he was at a better club. He got to the better clubs for a reason, I wasn't arguing to begin with I was asking why he was at city and koeman Southampton and in my eyes it's because he's better. As it seems they are the 2 left I thought I'd give my views

I believe City would have won the league this year if they didnt announce peps arrival at a ridiculous time. I believe they wouldve also had a better champions league run if they gave Pellegrini some motivation to win (his job next season). when you let the world know the manager doesnt have a job 6 months early, its going to effect the whole team, not just the manager.

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but would we have the power to persuade Low to the epl?

What's your excuse for him being turd last season as well then.

U

I'm voting peligrini on merit and achievements not because he was at a better club. He got to the better clubs for a reason, I wasn't arguing to begin with I was asking why he was at city and koeman Southampton and in my eyes it's because he's better. As it seems they are the 2 left I thought I'd give my views

Fair enough mate- perhaps it was the wording that made me take it that way then! Totally valid argument. Personally not sure myself- not particularly enthused by either, but if it is down to those two would probably go Koeman. Simply down to his age, and that Pellegrini plays quite similar styles to Martinez. Would like to see more a departure from that and think Koeman would show a lot more drive.

The amount of resources that Pellegrini had at his disposal at City is frightening, and arguably for a large part misused those resources either buying players not good enough and/or paying way over the top. Dead easy when you are spending someone else's money and there is a near bottomless pit of it.

do we have the power to tempt Joachim Low to the epl? I honestly can't see it happening, but what a statement that would be...

I am slightly perplexed at how we appear to be absolutely nowhere nearer to appointing a manager. You'd have thought before sacking Martinez they might have had their targets in mind / sounded out potential replacements already (FbD, Pellegrini both out of contract and could have been approached easily). That leads me to believe we don't want either of them and that it's likely Koeman or, failing him, somebody the fans haven't considered yet. Surely... just surely Moyes isn't in the running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back