Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Valencia- but is managing Ajax and PSV in the Eredvise really reflective of the Premier League? Likewise Benfica in Portugal? I'm not even arguing that Koeman is the better manager, but more to the point saying that to dismiss him on the basis he is at a smaller club than City is not exactly the right logic to assess capability.

I get your point about comparisons to City but he has been at much bigger clubs than Southampton and last won a major trophy in 2008, in what you seem to deem weaker leagues.

Ho
Pellegrini got the Real Madrid job at 55, the City job at 60.

Koeman is 53.

Sooooooooooo.
How many clubs does it take to become a good manager. Should of clicked with one and he hasn't really. Just my view and Southampton have done no better than us really under moyes and no one wants him back either. Need a manager at the next level, Koeman not for me.

Ho

How many clubs does it take to become a good manager. Should of clicked with one and he hasn't really. Just my view and Southampton have done no better than us really under moyes and no one wants him back either. Need a manager at the next level, Koeman not for me.

Dunno, it took Pellegrini 10 clubs before he got Real Madrid, Koeman is on 9.

This great academy that Martinez built yet didnt play a single player from.

Sounds great.

You only have to look at the strength of it and what is coming through it. He put people in the right place to manage it and you cannot fault Martinez for this because he paid a lot of attention to it. Players were beginning to feature, players were gaining experience on loan, some players have been unfortunate with injuries, it is going somewhere under the right manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back